Kander's Candor Questions thread! [Always Open]

Discussion in 'Podcasts and Other Media' started by dreamweaver, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Atta Member

I'll do it for free lol.
  2. EQSlacker New Member

I refer to my post in this same section, ty, was 2 questions and only about eq2, with lots of praise.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Are you ever going to fix the in game browser?
    SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Zylara Well-Known Member

Can you hard code it somehow ( i dont computer codes etc) that with the markables in the overlands that if you have already marked it that you cant do it again? So frustrating to see the same names over and over on it knowing they would have it already but you cant mark it yourself because you have to wait for the reset and not knowing when it was marked makes it harder, this would not only stop those doing it just because they can BUT would also help in knowing yourself which ones you have marked yourself
    SolarFaire, chattie and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Kander, seriously... I'm not sarcastic at all... totally shocked: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/bol-pqs.593847/#post-6603420

I mean, full points for brilliant gameplay, and it's nobody's fault that they take advantage of it. However, there's no way that this cheat wasn't built in to the design of the game. You deliberately allow people to cheat in EQ2. The nonsense around "raiding" is just that, nonsense. This is how people can be raid geared in a month, as long as they can spend enough money. This is why honest players like me can't even call ourselves honest. Because you deliberately built this backdoor in there. So if it was there the whole time, it makes everyone who plays "honestly" look stupid.

I'm disgusted. Explain to me why I should not be disgusted.

I'm not disgusted with any players, it's smart to do that, like it was smart to powerlevel with Dungeon Maker. But both are cheats. Convince me that it's not.
    Juraiya, SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Why don't TLE servers use a separate client/version like Beta and Test servers. Would that not make it easier and grant greater freedom to make content adjustments without impacting normal servers?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Razpberry Member

Can you give us some details on class balance and mage changes? Will old OP items be nerfed just like how ornage class runes were rendered obsolete for the sake of class balance?
    SolarFaire likes this.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

If you'd really like to discuss the things I deleted you can do that in the linked thread or somewhere else. This post is not the place for it.
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

In the middle of the year 2016, the Isle of Refuge server was opened and subsequently enjoyed a burgeoning population until the introduction of new TLE servers and a PVP server and drew many folks away to play there.

Today, year 2020, the average is approximately 20-50 "players" on at a given time and the server is a literal ghost down bereft of human interaction whatsoever.

Are any plans to either A.) merge IoR with another larger server preserving the IoR ruleset or B.) offer server transfer token off to every character that chooses to move to a server with a larger group friendly population?
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there is also Rivervale the newest free trade server the population is not any higher there than on IoR ,
    and this server is not even a year old .
    SolarFaire, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Who exactly is on the Community Counsel and exactly what are the requirements for getting onto this Counsel?

How do we the players know that those chosen are actually representing us?
    Juraiya, Mercychalice, Carynn and 5 others like this.
  12. lcubanol New Member

Hey Dreamweaver and Kander, I really appreciate you guys doing this podcast. I have found after listening to the first 2 episodes, I think it is exactly what the player base needs right now. Its amazing what communication can do in a relationship :)

Q: Why was the decision made for summer ethereal to be no-trade coming into the expansion? Why not give players the option to transfer to IOR and purchase them to be competitive with current players? I understand wanting to reward people who grinded all summer...However with the bonuses being as strong as they are (With Kael kills), we may not take off this armor until next expac. That can be extremely frustrating for new/returning players or current players who want to make new alts and cannot access it.

Thanks for all you do!
    Mercychalice, SolarFaire and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Arnkatla New Member

Will the flying bovich mount be brought back into marketplace for purchase on April 1st?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Further to this, will there be a forum post or other source of communication, a round table if you will, for each of the classes so that the community can be made aware of the points being discussed, offer feedback or suggestions, or requests, etc. to the class advocates?
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena and chattie like this.
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Okay so there are definitely a ton of questions we will not get to in episode 4 and will need to be saved for future episodes, so in lieu of making new threads for each episode I am going to make some edits and sticky this one as the mega episode question thread!
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I read through and there are a lot of very excellent questions presented, and it looks like quite a bit of thought went into them. I'll be interested in the answers in upcoming episodes.
    Juraiya, SolarFaire, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  17. Dahakon Member

Great to have the podcasts back again, my question is......

Will there be any changes to the infusers we keep getting from mission crates as a single reward ?. Personally its annoying after all that work running zones and doing quest missions, Pq's etc to just be given an infuser as a reward.
    My idea would be for the infusers to be given along side other rewards from mission lewt crates.
  18. Shonshazzitt Active Member

Any plans on making MC gear worthy of using ? Such as in CD, you could do (just) heroics with MC gear, but, did need to upgrade it, made the other classes worthwhile doing, now, no one even looks at it or needs it.

Summer Ethereal currency, make it Heirloom. Most people play on 1 or 2 toons mainly in heroics. For alts, it would be nicer to share the currency, since the alts are not always able to do the content, or no time to run every alt thru each zone to try to build the currency up. ( I was stupid and deleted my eth armor at the beginning of the expac on 1 toon, and now i am suffering in stats due to it ) heirloom currency would fix that problem.
  19. Shonshazzitt Active Member

Tradeskill books drops are extremely hard to get anything, soooo rare, that 1 book costs 10M+ plat, that is just mind boggling, and unable to do it, still to this day, on my scholars i am still missing books 117-120 shadow/empyral and refuse to pay that much for a book. (the outfitters dont care what books they have, they are pointless to have)
    And splitting the TS books up into 3 different uses from the standard 2 is such a dumb thing.
    Uncommon fuels, is yet another thing that everyone is shaking their heads at....
    SolarFaire, Cyrrena, Adene and 2 others like this.
  20. Inmyprime Member

I would like to hear Kander's thoughts on pvp.