Server Maintenance - February 25, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 24, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 7:00 AM PT (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 2 hours.

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they are available.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Are the missing spells ever going to be added to recipe books? Seriously it's been three months, can we have them added.
  3. Laita Well-Known Member

Glad to see some of these updates.. would love to see some serious improvement to crafting items in the near future (the fact that mastercrafted (reg and fabled) armor/weapons are worse than sig line/solo reward, the lack of recipe books etc... but overall, looking forward to logging in tomorrow, if only to test out the changes to the overseer system
    parissa likes this.
  4. Marae Well-Known Member

Very excited to hear that the BoL building blocks and furniture are going to have a larger max size! *dances*
    Cyrrena and parissa like this.
  5. Skoorn New Member

So you announce fixes for folks who have at minimum 4 raid zones available to them while those of us with 2 and them partially broken get no fixes? Also worrying about overseers before the fix for Vista and Eclipse goes in is downright stupid. I want a refund and you can have this game enough is enough, 2 months plus and have failed to deliver what you sold
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

The epic 2.0 thing is great.
    Now put levels back on harvest mats!
    Tkia, Siren, Cyrrena and 7 others like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAHHH I just love it that wile the regular servers are down I can run around on the test server :D
    Cyrrena and parissa like this.
  8. Xariama_AB Member

Aaand no fixes on housing portals, even though you've known about, and acknowledged them, for months. No levels on harvesting materials. No missing spells. No raid zone fixes. You guys are off to a wonderful start with all of this.

/sarcasm off
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

From february 11 patch notes

HOUSING PORTALS
    • Fixed an issue where leaving a house was not properly displaying all linked houses in the selection window.
    have you tried picking up the portals and putting them down again?
    Cyrrena, parissa and Breanna like this.
  10. Karamella Well-Known Member

The Overseer quest window looks fine now *thumbs up*
    Cyrrena, parissa and Breanna like this.
  11. Rastafarri New Member

The pushback in server updates to bi-weekly schedules was supposed to allow for more meaningful updates / fixes, and yet we still get dumb patches for itemization name corrections and making housing items larger sizes? Do the developers realize this is an MMORPG and not a damn SIMS game?!

Unless they want server-wide riots on their hands, I strongly suggest developers get their act together and start fixing things that players are tired of continuously asking for: stuff like raid content, class / game mechanics, tradeskilling, and rebalancing / scaling of spells and AAs.

To the final point on that list, how is it that the stats/values on a lv 100-110 expert spell the same (or WORSE) than the stats on the same spell at the next tier (lv 111-120)? Not only does this make ZERO sense, it also provides ZERO incentive to upgrade my sells. The values in half of my AA abilities are also so out of date that half of them either don't work or are so insignificant in effect that they are rendered useless for BoL content.

2.5 months into an expansion and this is what DBG has to show for it? Get it together or just admit defeat and let this game die with some dignity... I'm begging you!
    Argosunited likes this.
  12. Rebelde Active Member

All the new red adorns from the currency merchant have the same "surname", "Chorus of Night". Does this mean that you can only wear one of the new or the Chorus rune? .... All are tagged as lore so...
  13. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I believe it was mentioned in Discord that Caith's aware and working on it. I didn't see an ETA on a fix, but have barely glanced while at work.

Just out of curiousity, would would server-wide riots look like? Similar to when the Keeper was awoken in the olden days of EQ1? Unless all the servers banded together, not even sure there'd be enough player participation to even form a medium riot. And anything beyond a small riot would likely bog things down like during the dragon PQ event.

Kinda hard to riot when a new zone instance is spawned for every 100 players or so. :p
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

While I agree with the two zones, no fixes thing, if you take the time to read the legal notices. Here's EXACTLY what your subscription buys you: "a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable, revocable, non-exclusive right to load the client-side software". That's it.No guarantees about what that software includes.

Also, no refunds:
    "Daybreak Games are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Access to and use of the Daybreak Games are at your sole risk. Daybreak disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the Daybreak Games, including all statutory and implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. Daybreak makes no warranty with respect to the quality or availability of the Daybreak Games, including, without limitation, that access to any of them will be uninterrupted, continuous, virus-free, error free, reliable, secure and/or compatible with any particular hardware and/or software. Daybreak hereby disclaims any and all obligations to furnish any maintenance and/or support services with respect to the Daybreak Games. In no event will Daybreak and its affiliates, licensors, suppliers and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “daybreak entities”), be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages related to the use of or inability to use any Daybreak Game(s)."
    Marae, Cyrrena, Zylara and 3 others like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I resent my needs being called meaningless , how many % of players are full time hard core raiders ?
    Raiding is not everything in this game .
    I say yes that things need to get fixed , I remember this one dungeon that never got fixed and people had to come up with ways to get around the broken mechanics , but that's an old dungeon . I agree that new contents needs to get fixed ,but
    don't just brush of other peoples preferences as meaningless just because you don't car about it .
    Marae, Tkia, Jovie and 9 others like this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Checking EQ2 Progression, there are only 52 active raiding groups worldwide. That's at most ~1300 people. I am one of those people, though I like a lot of other activities in the game, too.

Considering how whacked out raiding has been (we'll see tonight if it's any better) I am reasonably sure they're not spending more time on raiding than anything else.
    Cyrrena, parissa and Schmetterling like this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I want to say that I really like the changes to the Overseer Window... except that the Agent Trait icons are still horrible and hard to discern. I don't understand why, given that I've demonstrated that there are already excellent icons for the existing traits that could be used and which are not hard to distinguish.

I honestly don't care if y'all take my exact suggestions or not, but at any rate, get the heck rid of the tiny map icons that someone subbed in a few weeks ago. I can't make out what they are worth a dang, and I'm sure those who are more vision-limited than I am are in even worse shape. If you can't get better icons, then get rid of the icons and just use text!

[IMG]
    Rebelde, parissa, Geroblue and 11 others like this.
  18. Jovie Well-Known Member

Still no fix for scout abilities breaking? Wonderful. See you in eso.
  19. parissa Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for adding the 2.0 spell to the status merchant... I was just starting on another alt to run the library had just got to the first zone logged for the night... Saw update notes next day /happy dance... :D
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Marae Well-Known Member

I agree with Schmetterling - just because a particular fix isn't something one person cares about doesn't mean it isn't important to someone else. Those of us who decorate and role play have waited just as long for some of our fixes as the raiders have for theirs. We are all different, and one of the great strengths of this game is that it offers such a wide variety of things to do and ways to play. There's a little something here for just about everyone, and I love that!

That said, while I am grateful that the BoL house items are no longer so tiny as to be essentially useless for decorating the Sanctus Seru house, they are still pretty small. They've gone from being what I'd consider "doll-sized" to "kid-sized." I think the buildings can be made big enough now, but the other items could use another significant size boost. And speaking of the buildings, at least with the chapel (the only building I experimented with so far), when you make it larger beyond a certain point, it is phantom and you can walk right through it - from outside or inside, including the door. (At smaller sizes, it's still the way it was before the update: You can walk through the walls from the inside, but not from the outside, and you can't go through the door at all). The biggest problem with this is that you don't walk up the steps to the door; you walk through them, which looks funny as heck. I'm standing at the door - up to my knees in stonework. My poor avatar! :oops:
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Argosunited like this.