Announcement Regarding Changes to Weekly Patches

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Despite having a Test server and a Beta server..... the issues that the players are currently experiencing still persist. Is going to a bi-monthly patch schedule theoretically going to fix things...faster?
    I hope this doesn't...go the way I think it will. It truly inspires a vote of no-confidence in my corner.
    EmJay, Tekka, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  2. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said Kandoon!
  3. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said Bludd! :D
  4. bambooclub New Member

I have no problem with pushing the current fixes to the test server before release to the live servers. The issue I see happening is that the test server does not have the player base to test the current raid or heroic content.
    Tekka, Lateana, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  5. Cassta Well-Known Member

No need to get upset Dirgenoobforreal. My comment was generalized with the purpose of pointing out not all players raid or want to. It was not my intent to offend you or any other players. The best way to play EQ2 or any game is to play the game your way. :D
  6. Xeptix New Member

Again, Kaladim is forgotten. "We are on track" means it's ok for the players of the TLE to plan their life schedule around the anticipation that EoF will be available on 2/20. We don't care about Live's problems. This isn't just a random patch of fixes for us, it's the release of an entire expansion. And we've just been told our plans all need to change less than 48 hours before the day we'd been promised, and again recently reassured, that expansion would be available.
    Mizgamer62 and Cassta like this.
  7. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said Kittybock!
    Doroboda, Lateana and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Cassta Well-Known Member

Well said jbc1948!
    Doroboda and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

I hope like heck that adding the level ranges back onto all the mats is on that list of things they're still working on.
    Juraiya, Akbar, Tkia and 9 others like this.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

EQ1 has a monthly patch with hotfixes as needed. A biweekly patch seems like a reasonable proposition.
    Doroboda, avashi, Finora and 3 others like this.
  11. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you Vanyel. I really appreciate you identifying the problems raiders have been facing. I am a solo/molo player and having a detailed description of what has been happening in raiding truly helps me understand the raider point of view better.
  12. Bella222 Active Member

No mention about putting levels back on harvests? Only mention of the raiding community? Don't get me wrong, I think raids are important and should be available to all raiders, but …. crafters are also important. Does this mean you don't care about the concerns of crafters at all?
    Juraiya, Akbar, AOE1 and 3 others like this.
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

My post right after,

The patch schedule shifting effected both of these things directly. That's why they are addressed in the original post.
    Doroboda, Faeonara, Lateana and 5 others like this.
  14. Cassta Well-Known Member

If I was in your position Xeptix I would feel exactly the same way. :(
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Cassta Well-Known Member

I have been enlightened on the delayed release on the TLE server and understand your anger. It makes me very sad this happened to you. :(
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Cassta Well-Known Member

I understand your anger Seth after being better informed on the issue. My heart goes out to you and I would be angry too. :(
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I am all for this. Sounds great to test the patch on 'test' prior to messing up everything on live. (Sorry just couldn't help myself).
    Seriously though I think it is one of the best ideas they've had since the stopped using test to actually test what they should be testing.
    However I don't see why this should affect the release of EoF on Kaladim as promised. These 2 things should not affect each other or be interdependent. I don't play on the current TLE but I'd be very unhappy if I did.
    Cyrrena and Cassta like this.
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Zedd, I am quite confident it is going to go the way you think it will.
    Tkia, Tekka, Mizgamer62 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Cassta Well-Known Member

I hope I did not respond inappropriately earlier Seth. I just realized you were on Kaladin and was informed of what this means. I am very sad for you and all the server's players. I wish I could do something.
    Marae and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Sniper Member

I have voiced my thoughts sense launch and come up with the conclusion this is a game I play in the evenings after work. And with that being said if the team after alot of the community voicing there concerns still feel that they are doing the right thing, then thats on them. When this game is dead and no fun to log into anymore for me I will find another hobby to pass my nights and wake up and go to work just the same.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.