Deck the Halls! Frostfell is almost here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 6, 2019.

1. parissa Well-Known Member

Doing the happy dance.... thanks for finding out dreamweaver!!! Is it gonna go live tomorrow with frostfell? or at a later date?
  2. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It will turn on tomorrow and turn off.. mumble mumble eventually
  3. Siren Well-Known Member

Just a reminder for those that were here last Frostfell 2018, and an FYI for those that were not: The "holiday bundles" that you buy in the SC shop so that you can earn chocolate coins are not really "holiday bundles." Last year, at any rate, they didn't have any actual holiday items in them. That's what people didn't like.

Instead of being able to buy Frostfell holiday SC items and earn chocolate coins (which you could then trade to the holiday merchants for yet more Frostfell items like the Santa Globe house), you had to earn the chocolate coins by buying things like character transfer tokens, etc.

I hope you get credit for buying actual Frostfell items this year! At least, we should be able to earn chocolate coins for Frostfell item purchases in addition to getting the coins for non-Frostfell items. I wish Daybreak wouldn't call "services" from the SC shop "holiday bundles." ;)

Here's a link to the thread from last year about it; scroll down a few posts, because Cyrenna makes a most eleoquent post (like usual!) about it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/dear-daybreak.587721/page-2
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, parissa and 2 others like this.
  4. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

5. Siren Well-Known Member

Okay, well, maybe I'll buy a few character slots this holiday season in case the rumors about a permanent PvP server going up in 2020 turn out to be true; thanks.
  6. Cassta Well-Known Member

Too cute! Thanks team, great idea!
    Cyrrena, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  7. Cassta Well-Known Member

That is called karma! :rolleyes: There are many of us, especially decorators, who over the past 15 years have spent hundreds or thousands of RL dollars on Marketplace items believing it was the only way to get them. There were no TS recipes or quests for these items and now we see them being given away free in the Yun-Zi Days of Summer quests. Not trying to be mean, just saying...Karma!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well it's just like with at least one of the houses you got as a veteran reward and now you can get it for loyalty tokens
    They have to make room for new stuff , so you can spend thousands of more dollars to get the new ones.
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  9. yuiop Member

Just a heads up...January 7th is a Tuesday. I would prefer the Thursday though (2 more days of fun!)
    Cassta, Schmetterling and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Gameshark Member

How do we obtain the Cloudrat tree topper? RIP Cloudrat
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Giggawat and Garsleblat Gigglegibber, Frostfell Vendors in Frostfell Wonderland Village are now selling a Ratonga Tree Topper Plushie!
    Juraiya, Cassta, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  12. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Hi Dreamweaver.
    Happy Frostfell to you and the team :) can you pass on my massive thanks to the folks responsible for making the shiny ? dark blue against the glare of all that snow For once i will be able to do the collections from there without becoming snowblind :p .I am loving all the new items we have and I simply adore the new tree topper .<3 to all who worked hard to bring us the fun ...
    Juraiya, Alyndrys, Cassta and 5 others like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Is "mumble mumble eventually" your way of saying soon <TM> (GAH, I hate that word) without saying it? *giggles snarkily*
    Cassta, Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's more like you'll have at least 12 days but probably more, once we launch BoL I'll know the exact date that I don't have at the moment.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Just giving you a bit of Snarky Wood Elf good natured Frostfell harassment, better than pelting you with snowballs or fruitcakes!!!
    Cassta, Breanna and dreamweaver like this.
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

:p
    Cyrrena, Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

and the tree toper cost's 6 gold I belief , I bought several , it was very fitting that my first gift on Rivervale was a santa glug plushy so I put him up in my house together with 2 ratonga angels .
    Cyrrena, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  18. parissa Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver I know its probably too late to request, but is it possible to see if the chocolate coins can be made account wide instead of per character since they are heirloom? So I can use my chocolate coins from my transfer tokens on rivervale for my house ??? :)
  19. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I believe it is too late but I can check. I'll make a note to see what they think about next year though.
  20. Cassta Well-Known Member

Thank you Schmetterling, I completely agree with you. I get extremely infuriated when it is a veteran award! It takes away the joy, pride and exclusivity we feel being a veteran. When a person goes into a house and comes out drooling over the house or something they saw and can't get, you feel special and proud being a veteran. I know they stopped veteran rewards (which I disagree with and hate) still, I was really shocked they didn't come up with a fabulous 15 year veteran reward for us dedicated players. Something which could NEVER be purchased, given or earned by other players. We are the veterans, over the years we stayed, supported and kind of financed the game through good and bad; we are the ones who consistently spend real live money and probably will continue to. A special shout out of appreciation and recognition to 15 year veterans with a unique anniversary gift for our account ( able to have one for each alt and no trade) would be not only considerate and appreciated, but make us feel cherished and honored.
    Jaeded and Cyrrena like this.