Deck the Halls! Frostfell is almost here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 6, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Nights are longer and days are colder, which means it's time to start spreading holiday cheer for the most delightful time of the year - Frostfell! Beginning on Tuesday, December 10, 2019, the Elves and Goblins come together to celebrate this Deepice holiday with festivities, decorations, and more!

This year, whether you're an adventurer or a tradeskiller, you'll find something new awaits you! Step through the Magic Closet within your city to enter the Frostfell Wonderland Village, an enchanting land of ice and adventure. You are warmly welcome to pay a visit to the Frostfell Workshop, where Frostfell elves have been busy preparing for the celebration. And of course, be sure to keep your eyes open for wandering gifts!

[IMG]

New features for '19!

TLE server:
    Kaladim - Special holiday merchants located in Freeport and Qeynos Province District have Frostfell themed house items and equipment.

Live servers:
    3 New collections!
    Druidic Frostfell Icons
    Frostfell Baked Treats
    Hand-Hewn Frostfell Ornaments

To sneak a peek at all the new things that the Frostfell Fae themselves have been working on for this season, read on!

Santa Glug is Coming (Back) to Town!

Santa Glug, a gigglegibber goblin in a very bad Santa disguise in Frostfell Wonderland Village, is back and has 16 tradable gifts (8 new) to share with all Norrathians! He will graciously give you one gift per day, so be sure to pay him a visit each time you head into Norrath.

New gifts given out by Santa Glug this year in Frostfell Wonderland Village!
    Myrist Snowglobe
    Mint Candy Cane Crown of Death
    Deepice Wrapped Present
    a Stocking-Stuffed Frostfell Cube
    Petamorph Wand: Chocolaty Ninjabread Man
    a tundra snapper
    Brontotherium Plushie
    Sweet Frostfell Sign Plate

New Goodies to Craft and Create

There are brand new house items, clothing, and equipment for Tradeskillers to create in the Frostfell Wonderland Village. New crafting books (Frostfell Outfits You Can Make XII, Frostfell Feasts and Decorative Crafts XII, and Scholarly Pursuits for a Festive Frostfell XII) can be purchased from Giddlenerf, Guhtosle, Giggawat, and Garsleblat.

[IMG]

New Items to Holiday Shop For
    Gerbi Frostfoot, the permafrostfell merchant in Frostfell Wonderland Village, has a bundle of new items for sale! Players of all levels can purchase 5 new items this year!

Shelled Frost Slimer
    Cool Mint Candy Cane Crown
    an Eggnog Candycane Frostfell cube [house pet]
    White Frosttail Reindeer Plushie
    Entranced Glacier Plushie

[IMG]

The 12 Days of Frostfell
    This year, Santa Glug's Curious Clerk is on the hunt for Chocolate Coins! Collect these coins by purchasing Frostfell-themed Marketplace items, and trade them in for even more holiday items.

[IMG]

Keep the celebration going on Kaladim!
    Special holiday merchants located in Freeport and Qeynos Province District have Frostfell themed house items and equipment!

Holiday celebrations will run through the month from Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 8 AM PT until Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 7 AM PT. Don't forget to enjoy yourselves over Frostfell!
    Kittybock, Cassta, Sheratan and 8 others like this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

Nice! I can't wait: Frostfell is my fav time of year in EQ2, and I play all year so that's really saying something

And this part is a great improvement over last year:

The 12 Days of Frostfell
    This year, Santa Glug's Curious Clerk is on the hunt for Chocolate Coins! Collect these coins by purchasing Frostfell-themed Marketplace items, and trade them in for even more holiday items.
  3. Rarkevan Active Member

Pretty sure the way chocolate coins are described are implemented exactly the same as last year?
  4. Gemo Member

And don't forget our new Ratonga Tree Topper Plushie this year! Very special thanks to Gninja, Kaitheel, and Gnobrin for this late addition to our Frostfell Fun this year! <3

~Gemo

[IMG]
  5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The Chocolate Coins should have the same conversion rate (500 DBC per coin?) as last year. There will be many upset players once they realized they've spent $60 for the holiday home and $30 for a merc in 2018 when it's a discounted price in 2019.
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

How do we know it's not? Not that I disbelieve you, but I don't know where to find this info. Do you have a link?
    Cassta, Cyrrena and parissa like this.
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I saw an image of this on EQ2Traders, and I couldn't help tearing up. I'm going to buy a whole bunch of them! Cloudrat needs to be immortalized. She's already an NPC in my guild hall - now I will also have statues of her in it!
    Cassta, Rarkevan, Alyndrys and 7 others like this.
  8. parissa Well-Known Member

YAY!!!! the coins are coming back... already making my list of what I am getting... santa glug house and 2 gumdrops.. Also eyeballing the mercs... I don't care how they implement it, l was gonna buy them but I had literally bought everything 2 weeks before the annoucement... 4 transfers 2 character slots and a few other things.. I thought last year they were items that involved services and like familiars and merc crates... or LoN... I don't care how they implement them, I am just thankful to have the opportunity again... Things change over time... Last year they were brand new, this year they are used :p so if they are implemented differently and cheaper Im not surprised... I am so happy about the cloudrat topper... when I heard about her passing I was devistated.... I talked to her a couple times on test... I use her dojo all the time...
    Cassta, Alyndrys, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea that plushy is Cloudrat approved and I will get one , at least for sure.
    Only one problem I will have to cry every time I see it .
    ( dyes up tears ) she would's not want us to cry .
    Cassta, Rarkevan, Alyndrys and 6 others like this.
  10. daicia Well-Known Member

D'aww is this an homage to Cloudrat? <3
    dreamweaver, Cassta, Malahk and 5 others like this.
  11. Auphe New Member

So excited! Just returned to EQ2 (been playing on and off for 12+ years) and this was the perfect time of doing it. I love the Frostfell event so much! No other MMO do this winter/christmas event so well. Can't wait to get the new stuff =D Yoohooo! Merry Frostfell all!
    Juraiya, Cassta, Alyndrys and 3 others like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was told she personally saw something like this made by her friend , and they were joking about it that the tree toper looks like her , so yes I think this is a homage to her.
    but in any case it's cute even if you never heard of her.
    Juraiya, Cassta, daicia and 6 others like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love the Cloudrat Tree Topper. I wish we could get a Kharm statue on AB for our houses. I would pay for a generic statue that would could personalize like a house actor.
    Juraiya, Cassta, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  14. Malahk Active Member

RIP Cloudrat.
    Cassta, Cyrrena, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The chocolate coins are implemented the same way they were last year.
    Juraiya, Cassta, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

No, actually we earned the coins by buying *non* Frostfell items like character slots and server transfer tokens last year. I wound up getting two Santa Homes with chocolate coins (1 on AB and 1 on Skyfire) after transferring several characters off IoR.

But this new way they're doing it this Frostfell 2019-- giving the chocolate coins as rewards for buying actual Frostfell-themed SC items-- makes a lot more sense.
    Cassta, Breanna and parissa like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I got the coins by buying the Baubleshire Homes for 3 of my characters.
    Cassta, Siren, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I am going to check then, I didn't change that portion from last year because my understand it was the same. Stay tuned for a possible update.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Cassta and 3 others like this.
  19. parissa Well-Known Member

I hope its the same as last year... I held off on buying a few transfers and slots this time waiting for it... :) and I keep checking to see if its in the market place just a little early cause I am so impatient... lol Less than 24hours seems forever right now :)
    Cyrrena, Cassta, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's going to be the exact same as last year, the coins will come from the Frostfell themed packs on the Marketplace.