Gear Up Level Up 2019 Begins Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Raclyn Dragonstorm New Member

Any news on limited time lifetime subs this year?
    Carynn, parissa, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Dreamweaver, it looks as if the triple ethereal coins is going to coincide with no custom UIs. Have y'all considered extending that a bit?

Because to tell you true, I haven't used the default UI to play in about 12 years or more. I'm not looking forward to the custom UI shutoff period, because as a raider and an (occasional) UI modder, I've gotten used to the tools I use, and this is gonna severely cramp my style.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I doubt I'll game, or have all access running, during the custom UI shutdown.

I don't see how custom UIs could slow things down because we had then fore years on EQ side, no slow down I could see. Well, when lots of people logged in, but thats more a bandwidth and server problem.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Frubar Member

The announcement says: "
    Adventuring on a Live Servers, you'll earntriple Ethereal coins from 12:01 AM on October 18, 2019until 11:59 AM PT on October 29, 2019. During this same time period, All Access Members will also earn double currency. These bonuses will stack, which means members will earn six times the Ethereal currency!"

Should I be getting double double currency (Deepwater Copper) because I am All Access for the repeatable Prelude Quests in Teren's Grasp? Example: 1 Deepwater Copper (normal), 2 Deepwater Copper (All Access), 4 Deepwater Copper (All Access plus Gear Up Level Up Bonus double currency). Does this also apply to Loyalty Point Tokens, Far Seas Trading Company Tokens from writs, or any other currency? I have not been receiving double double (4x) for other currency.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this is just differentiating between what you get as an All Access Member vs. not being All Access. So it's just saying you're getting the same double currency you always get and people who are not All Access won't.
  6. Selpi New Member

I have to write my true opinion, but your event is really for the A**. The allocation of the event items is not equally distributed. There are people who get x from these reducers and there are others who get nothing with the same effort. It would be nice if you could balance something like that....it's not hard to implement a fair algorithm.
  7. Pumpkin Member

So are the announced bonuses all that will be offered? I got the impression (my error) that there would be more.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The Week two bonus is Triple Ethereal Coins which we started early. Week three bonus will be announced towards the end of the week.
    Kittybock, Siren and Dude like this.
  9. Arieva Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the research reduction period this week. Wish it lasted longer. Hoping maybe the same bonus will swing back around before xpac.
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Week one was not very kind to me as I only got two of these, week two does not exist, and week three will undoubtedly not be kind to me either if it is a random event.
    Proclaiming triple ethereal coins to be week two does not make it so as it actually runs through all weeks, which would make it a parallel event.
  11. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

In addition to these ethereal bonuses, all players on Live Servers will also find themselves earning double Chaos Descending loot drops from 12:00 PM PT (noon) on October 15, 2019 until The end of Gear Up Level Up (Which will be revealed at a later date)! Double loot drops means the final boss in expansion dungeon zones will drop twice as much loot as usual.

Limited Time item drops can be obtained from Chaos Descending missions crates and will grant you a bonus based off of their type, such as Research Reduction, which will decrease the time remaining to research your currently researching ability. Limited Time items can only exist in your inventory until they expire, so don't forget to use them!

The first limited time item Research Reduction, will be available from 12:00 PM PT (noon) on October 15, 2019 until 12:00 PM PT (noon) on October 22, 2019 when the next bonus will begin!
    Jinksie and Moonchanter like this.
  12. Melodius Member

no additional Bonus in Week 2?

I thought they would do something special as reward for the players logging in and testing with custom ui :(
    Geroblue likes this.
  13. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Thanks to Lateana for reminding us of the original information which clearly indicates the "plan" was to have limited time items that expire drop on a weekly basis during this period. My guess is that the plan changed and the "save" was to say they granted the triple coins a week early. The original posting was quite clear that the triple coins were until the scheduled ending of the ethereal event and the limited time items were indeed a parallel event. There is likely a good reason for dropping the temp reward for week 2, but to claim the week 2 prize was intended to be the triple coins which "started early" seems disingenuous.

Having the events is certainly fun (and for some of us exhausting) and I am sure most of us are thankful for opportunities to catch up. However, the explanation for no limited time drop starting on Oct 22 is confusing. It would have been less confusing to say -- "Oops we made a mistake on the initial post "or "Oops we can't do a special limited event week 2" or simply "We decided to change our schedule for the limited items."

Many thanks for the research reduction items. For the past 2 years I have chosen to focus on researching ascension upgrades instead of my class skills. The reduction items have helped me free up research time to focus on the new class skill upgrades with the new expansion.

Anyhow, if research times are going to continue to be horribly long and we are going to have level cap increases of ten levels every 2 years and extremely low drops on master and even adept upgrade books, having the temp research reduction items in the game as a permanent feature would be nice.

Now we can all wait and see if they leave the research reduction items in for week 2! ;)
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  14. Heinzy Active Member

Level up? not seeing that, are you waiting for the last few days for this one?
  15. isul New Member

Looks like they forgot week 2 and did a quick 2step
    Katzandra likes this.
  16. Kittybock Well-Known Member

*looks at watch and taps foot*

Hope server comes up soon...trying to get a few more Time Reducers before that portion of the event ends :)
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Not quite, we started week 2 early. Week 2 is Triple Ethereals.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I know. I got in harvesting and the solo daily double just after the missions changed over and before the servers came down. Of course I got nothing so now I have to get something before noon PST!!!!

I wonder if we should consider therapy? ;)
    Breanna and Kittybock like this.
  19. Rarkevan Active Member

Hear hear!! Even though RNG hates me :( maybe even 1 more?
    :(
  20. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I appreciate your dedication to the party line, but if this was the plan, why was it misrepresented in the original announcement? As I said before, it is less confusing to say you made an error in the original announcement or changed your mind. I guess that is what you are saying... somewhat indirectly.

Perhaps you could edit the original announcement with an addendum that explains the mistake. Not everyone reads the entire thread and/or follows Discord.
    Rhodris likes this.