Producer's Letter: Expansion, Anniversary, and a new server!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

There has been confirmation of no new acension levels.
    Siren, Cyrrena, Healious and 2 others like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

sounds cool
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Caela Well-Known Member

I've tried to get excited about the new TLE servers, but I want all the content... I would love to see a server that was locked only by level. Let low levels have EoF and Timorous Deep content along with the original game - let us have AA, adornments, etc - all the newish tradeskill quests (Raffik!).... and vet rewards.... Just lock it at 50 for a while, then 60, etc... Rivervale having lvl 90's out the gate is a turn off.

Coupled with "starting fresh" and I think that would be my dream server... well, it would be my dream server if all my friends also returned to playing.
  4. Aubron New Member

Like others here, I'd be excited to start fresh on Riverdale - but not with level 90s. It spoils the experience for me. I'd prefer everyone start at level 1.
    Nele, Cyrrena, Snikkety and 1 other person like this.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

1. The new Rivervale server launches in three weeks. Tell us more about it, in a separate post. Will there be a cash store? Will there be vet rewards? How much will the level 90 character cost? Does the server include all expacs? Mercs? Reforging? Classes? Transfers? Panda? Inheritance merchants? Will the Tithing system be off? Is this simply a new live server that matches current live server content (including opening Luclin when it drops) but for members only with a fresh slate? How can people upgrade their gear, which costs millions and millions of plat, in Chaos Descending? Give more details please, and soon!

2. This event starts in three weeks as well. Tell us more about it, in a separate post. Is this level 110s only? Does it take place only in the new CD zones? Or is it more like the holiday PQs where any level can participate, not die, and get rewarded?
    Rosyposy and Xevran like this.
  6. Spectre Active Member

I remember in eq1 when Strom server was launched. All started at level one and no transfers for the first few years. Was successful.

Why allow people to buff to 90? Just let them start at 1. Not hard to level.
    Nele, Obano, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Those posts are coming.
    parissa, Lateana, Siren and 3 others like this.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It is in a line a little further down in the letter, but pre-order goes live around the same time beta opens.
    Lateana, Siren, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  9. Xevran Well-Known Member

We definitely do need more information about Rivervale, I MIGHT be interested in it but right now I have no information to go on. I would genuinely love a version of live with less of the pay to win nonsense.

Edit: Oops didn't see the dev response before I posted.
    Siren, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Nicolos Active Member

I really wish they’d go the route Archage just has. They are advertising heavily their new server as no pay to win and it’s gone over VERY well. Rivervale could easily ditch the research speeds and the other level enhancing things but keep virtually everything else. Making a sub required to play could make up for those couple items being gone from the store. A fresh server is very enticing but if power will just be bought with whoever has the most expendable cash then there’s not really a draw for me personally to join.
    Nele, Lateana, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  11. floofloobunny Active Member

Siamese coloring for Kerrans for the Luclin expac and I can die happy
    Griffon Lady and Cyrrena like this.
  12. LDEffectsMe Active Member

Where is the playable Vah Shir? Certainly we can't have a true return to Luclin without a true return of the original noble cat race? Please? Just stretch the cat fur over a Barbarian skeleton and shape the face like an EQ1 Vah Shir.
    Hartay and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Those with the other pre-order buffs will continue to have them and they will continue to work. I have the Clockwork Calamity from PoP and it still works and I have the Jann Magi. So they do not take them away.
    parissa, Siren and Breanna like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It would seem to me that if they are only allowing characters to start at level 1 or at heroic character level 90, they are not going to allow transfers to this server at least at the start. Besides, transfers to, if they allowed a character to bring anything with it, will cause issues with the economy, the character would have to come penniless, naked, and unarmed.
    Nele, Siren, Xevran and 1 other person like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

My read on this is that you get a full premium version flagged to the purchasers account and the items that are marked tradeable:

•TRADABLE Blood of Luclin standard expansion
    •TRADABLE Level 110 Heroic Character Boost
    •TRADABLE Character Slot
    •TRADABLE EXP/Vitality Potion
    •TRADABLE Collector’s Mount
    •TRADABLE Collector’s Familiar
    •TRADABLE Collector’s Mercenary

You would get a token for each of these items and would be able to give the tokens to other people. Then they could use the token to get the item. I could be 100% wrong, but that is how it read to me.
    Siren, parissa and Breanna like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It says you get these:

•TRADABLE Blood of Luclin standard expansion
    •TRADABLE Level 110 Heroic Character Boost
    •TRADABLE Character Slot
    •TRADABLE EXP/Vitality Potion
    •TRADABLE Collector’s Mount
    •TRADABLE Collector’s Familiar
    •TRADABLE Collector’s Mercenary

So I don't think they get beta access or the pre-order items.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I wish that it would be a true new live server, everybody starts at level 1, no exp potions from the marketplace, only what you have in claims, no purchasing research or any enhancements like this for a minimum of 6 months. I understand they are going to allow marketplace purchases, but please, make everybody start at level 1 and keep the marketplace purchases to housing and appearance items for the first 6 months!!!!
    Nele, Siren, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  18. Treiko Active Member

So will this dragon mount be considered an illusion or an actual mount in terms of the transformation? With the way illusions "stack" in this game, I really hope that isn't the case - unless something has been implemented that allows us to pick which illusions take priority (I always end up being a sabertooth if i show illusions because the totem is always the last thing to cast). If it operates like regular mounts (which I keep hidden) it will be kinda cool to take off and land over and over just to go back and forth :p
    Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  19. Arclite Well-Known Member

Slightly confused about the new live server. I mean what is unique about it? Players can start at 90 if they want to and can also start from level 1? Do they just level 110/120 just like the current live server?

Personally, I will be thrilled to see a parallel live server where there are no ascensions and no bloated stats. I will jump ship in a heart beat if that is the case with this server.
    Nele, Cyrrena, Sowin and 2 others like this.
  20. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The FAQ for Rivervale will be up sometime next week.
    Cyrrena, parissa, Lateana and 5 others like this.