Producer's Letter: Expansion, Anniversary, and a new server!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Oct 17, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hail Norrath!
    We are preparing for a momentous occasion – EverQuest II’s 15th Anniversary in November! There’s a lot to get to, so let’s get started…

[IMG]

EverQuest II: Blood of Luclin

We are going to the moon! We’ve seen it for 15 years, once shattered in the sky, now whole, and you’ll get to explore the threats to Norrath that have been growing there. Unite!
    The team is in the final stages of preparing for Beta which will start November 5th. We are shooting to unlock beta between 10 AM and 12 PM (noon) PDT.
    Pre-ordering the expansion will give you access to Beta and both will be live on the same day and also give you a pre-order PET: a cute little Zelniak.
    This expansion will bring you a level increase from 110 to 120 for adventurers and tradeskillers with new quests for both, signature lines, and more as you explore Luclin.
    We’ve got all new solo, heroic, and raid content, including new challenge modes and contested raid fights.
    New for EverQuest II and part of this expansion is the Overseer feature. With it you can recruit and send agents to do your bidding and earn rewards!
    In addition to the usual Standard, Collector’s and Premium options, we are also experimenting with a new SKU: The Family and Friends bundle. It’s at a fairly high price point, but it’s special and an experiment based on years of requests from players who like to share their generosity, families, guildmates and others. In addition to all the items in the Standard, Collector’s and Premium items, it includes:
    • TRADABLE Blood of Luclin standard expansion
    • TRADABLE Level 110 Heroic Character Boost
    • TRADABLE Character Slot
    • TRADABLE EXP/Vitality Potion
    • TRADABLE Collector’s Mount
    • TRADABLE Collector’s Familiar
    • TRADABLE Collector’s Mercenary
    • Prismatic Scroll Case to upgrade a spell to upgrade a spell to Ancient.
    Lots of stuff!
    The expansion will launch in December and we’ll give you a confirmed date in the coming weeks!

[IMG]

New “Rivervale” Server Launch on November 5

We wanted to kick off our anniversary celebrations with a new server! Be part of a new community on a new “live” server. It’s been a LONG time since we’ve added a new one.
    No gated content. Plus, you can choose to start as a heroic character at level 90 in Phantom Seas (released in 2014’s Altar of Malice expansion). All it requires is a membership to play!

Brand New Anniversary Event in Game

Starting November 7, not only can you participate in our updated annual anniversary Heroes’ Festival event, we also invite you to join us for a brand new “Dragons Attack” 15th anniversary event! We’ll release more details in the days ahead.
    Join with all Norrathians for Dragons Attack, because you’ll need them to conquer the challenges! The reward -- if you complete all requirements -- is unprecedented. You will earn a unique mount where you take the form of a dragon and fly! Test your mettle and conquer!

More News is OTW!

Keep your ears perked in November for even more news about our teams and our commitment to the franchise. We’ve got some fun announcements coming up. We’re even toying with selling limited editions of our EQ and EQII anniversary shirts on the interwebs. More on that real soon!
    Sincerely, as always,

Holly “Windstalker” Longdale
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

"You will earn a unique mount where you take the form of a dragon and fly!" What? Form of a Dragon?

"a cute little Zelniak" Very very very cute is what it should say!
    Xianthia, Kurisutaru, Prox and 15 others like this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I will make a note and let the boss know. ;):p
    Kurisutaru, parissa, Cyrrena and 9 others like this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Turning into a dragon sounds super cool, and Luclin is probably a total win. Count me in for the beta, yeah! Two claws up! :cool:

It's interesting how this new "Live" server isn't F2P like the others. They're really getting away from F2P more and more. I'm already on Kaladim, so it's a no brainer for me to try Rivervale, too. I bet it will be a blast, although I'm not into rolling out of the gate as a high-level character. Leveling, please! I'm glad we have a choice, so thanks, devs, for that!

Thank you for what sounds like an awesome 15th anniversary, and expansion!

I do wish, though, that Daybreak could somehow disassemble and ditch the whole live server "bolted-on, Frankenstein end game" of pay to win spell research/ascendancy/mount and merc leveling/etc. garbage from Rivervale, too. You can understand that stuff to a degree on the F2P servers, because they've got to make money somehow amidst all the silver account players, but not on the sub-only servers....then it devolves into double-dipping, at least to me. A big reason I mainly play on TLs these days is to avoid all that junk.
  5. Ellphaba New Member

Honestly, the most excited I've been for an expansion...ever. Thanks, y'all! :D
    Titer, Cyrrena, Faeonara and 5 others like this.
  6. Neurology Member

Personally I'd prefer Rivervale to skip the heroic tokens, but I'm excited for a new server.

Since there is no 'gated' content does that mean all /claim items are available out of the gate as well?

In regards to the new expansion, it sounds exciting I hope the experience is more streamlined for returning players who have missed the last few expansions. The last one I bought was 'Kunark Ascending', but I stopped playing day 1 because the main quest line required quite a few prerequisites (languages etc) just to continue through the first handful of quests. Nothing like jumping into a new expansion just to have to go back to do tedious quests you've done on 20 other chars (I know this is as much of a deal for those who kept up with content, and use the same toon)

Looking forward to the future announcements, thank you guys for trying to Make Norrath Great Again :)
  7. Dockter Well-Known Member

Please add the feature where we can have a family account, where I can add myself, wife and kids' accounts where we can all trade heirloom items with each other.
    Pscymin, Twofeets, parissa and 9 others like this.
  8. Dockter Well-Known Member

I'd also prefer the skip that. I'd rather have a clean server, everyone starting at 1. (like the good ole days)
    Nele, Titer, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  9. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I agree with you on the prerequisites. Some will argue "It makes it more challenging!" or something like that. Different playstyles for different folks.

I will say, this expac could be a good "start fresh" for EQ2 in a certain way. Regardless, I am pre-ordering because I have always wanted to go to Luccy in EQ2.
    Moonfyre, Cyrrena, Ellphaba and 4 others like this.
  10. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

And just like that, my crappy night got 1000x better! Luclin in original EQ was my favorite expansion:) Can't wait to see what it looks like in EQ2!
    Kurisutaru, parissa, Cyrrena and 6 others like this.
  11. parissa Well-Known Member

I hope they would consider with the new server, if it's one we can transfer to it would be nice to see bundled transfer tokens... I know alot would like to start fresh but one of my biggest turn off for new servers is leaving my characters that I have attachment to... that have done events from way back when and have neat titles and items.... I also hope they could figure out a way to transfer guild... even if it was just the title and level... and you had to rebuy everything.... forgive any typos my phone screen is small.... I'm super excited for the events to start kicking off
    Moonfyre, Rosyposy and Hartay like this.
  12. Spectre Active Member

Will there be Veteran rewards on Rivervale?
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Siren like this.
  13. Moiya New Member

PLZ PLZ Tell me that its a REAL dragon look mount not a stupid sokakar or anything else thats dragonlike.
    As for new server well thats nice does that mean our population has picked up again or you just hoping?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

If EQ1 player-useable models are any indication:

Aspect of the Brood (Player Illusion)
    [IMG]

Bridle of the Balefire Wyvern (Player mount)
    [IMG]
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Are they discontinuing the pre-order illusion buffs (i.e. Jann Magi Illusion, Clockwork Calamity Illusion)?

I guess it's a bit unfair to lock those special buffs behind pre-orders.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I really hope they don't allow transfers there. The appeal, to me, seems to be the concept of "fresh start/even playing field" for everyone. A lot of the complaints you see from people leaving, or coming back and leaving, is the feeling that you can "never catch up." This would seem to render that argument moot. The only transfers I think that would be acceptable is when a TLE dies, merge em in here. If it really does function as a fresh start server, it might actually tempt me back to a live server.
    Nele, Cyrrena, Snikkety and 5 others like this.
  17. parissa Well-Known Member

Is there going to be an update with all the info about the new server? Like regarding if you can transfer on or off? I really dont want a debate... would just rather ask since I am sure the server is already set up...
  18. parissa Well-Known Member

Also the bundle for the game itself... it says it will be tradeable but does that mean when one account is using g it the other cant or will it be more like you purchase this bundle and you get so many accounts that have access to this stuff?
  19. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

In the producer letter it said something about a new SKU (unit to buy basically) so I think if you buy that version, it would act like a krono and you trade that with a character in-game and have them unlock the expansion for their account. Whereas for the normal versions, you would buy the expansion from the website and then your account gets flagged. Could be wrong. Dreamweaver said something about a FAQ in the coming week, so maybe they will go more into detail.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and parissa like this.
  20. parissa Well-Known Member

Oh thanks hartay... I missed that part about the facts... phone screen and misplaced glasses are my own worst enemy