Producer's Letter: Carnage in Kael & more! [Discussion]

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Lera Well-Known Member

Why is this GU eleventy-one? What happened to GU eleventy, since the Anchorage was 109?
    Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

Instead they could have spent the very minimum time required to have on Kaladim : a) some decent itemization, \ i just ran in 12 PUG raid the court of Al-something and i did need on a single item i saw one piece of equipment with casting speed or ability mod ... b) Some level of difficulty i can solo all the easy instances and i can duo Cazel, Ancient table Palace (actually i may even be able to solo that); and x 4 raids are indeed x2 (c) decent solo time-line rewarding something else than level 40 items (d|) a simple mechanic to allow alt to bypass the peacock time line.

Since your team did actually zero work and simply used a deficient script to generate the loot 80% of the population is gone.

You did even better than in the previous TLE that sank in early velious.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

summer ethereal event?
  4. Shonshazzitt Active Member

Beee and Peredhel like this.
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Peredhel Active Member

Looks like Luclin and should be fun :)

With regard to the level cap being raised by the new expansion (looking forward to it), you said "EverQuest II will be raising the adventurer level cap to 120 this year!" Is the level cap being raised ONLY for Adventure levels? Or will we have Tradeskill levels increased as well? New recipes? Hoping so. I love both adventuring and tradeskilling but enjoy tradeskilling and decorating most of all. And the community and the (wonderful) quests given by our FANTASTIC Guides.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since I live just outside Austin, I'll take a swing at it. Austin is the Home of Weird. All around town, you will see bumper stickers telling you so...

[IMG]

Some good examples are listed at:
    We're past the annual Tour of Weird Austin Homes, but you can see what that's about at https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/texas/articles/a-tour-of-austins-weirdest-homes/

Other attractions, in no particular order:
    • Austin is called the Live Music Capital for a reason. There are TONS of venues, South By Southwest (SxSW), etc. Some notable spots:
    • The Texas State Capitol
    • The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum (and IMAX theater)
    • The Blanton Museum of Art on the University of Texas campus
    • The small but delightful Elisabet Ney Museum
    • The The O. Henry House and Museum (hosts the annual World Pun-Off)
    • Bat watching on the Congress Avenue bridge
    • Just south of town we have the Schlitterbahn Water Park in New Braunfels. Or if you're in the mood and weather permitting, we have a nude swimmin' hole called Hippie Hollow.
    • An hour south of Austin you can visit San Antonio, which aside from the (boring) Alamo is chock full of museums, nightspots, the Riverwalk etc.
  8. Shonshazzitt Active Member

No, I wasn't mass producing or selling on a store, just the link it did it in, feel free to edit as you like =) just will more than likely get one of my own =) I was around in Nov 2004 =)
    Cyrrena and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  9. Buddie New Member

I was at the 2004 fan faire in New Orleans and got my eq2 game as swag...been playing since .. I still got the launch poster that was give out as well would love a gathering ...hopefully more like the old ones …..forums , social events, fellowship ...not high dollar contests ( fun ones like scavenger hunt in 2004, prize was in game item sure). Basically go back to when the point of the gathering was to put face with voice and have fun along with making suggestions to devs on what we would like to see in game not to make money or high dollar rewards
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Lumien New Member

Was there in early July. Amazing place to just walk around. I am in West Texas and wouldn't wish that on anyone :)
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Lumien New Member

I would re-sub for Luclin. I really enjoyed the original soloing and in small groups. Vex Thall (Thal?) always seemed like a "mythical" place. Just getting in was a chore. I wasn't in a raiding guild at that point to experience it as intended but reading the stories from guilds like FoH (I think) was fun.
    Cyrrena and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You also have Britannia Manor just outside of Austin.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

While we sometimes have SCA events there, I don't know that Shamino is running tours.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Thirst New Member

How About having some Familiar lvl up potions drop here and there; or making the Ultra rare familiar Cages actually obtain an Ultra rare familiar; or provide some quests with higher drop rates to make it possible to lvl Familiars without having to pay so much?
    I still use a Season 4 familiar which is still not to lvl 10. Now a Season 6 will be out soon… I Play alot and loot alot, (have become many Familiar cages) never have seen an Ultra rare familiar Cage, unless it gets purchased. Which brings me to my next Point.
    I can imagine that People are giving out 100's and 1000's of Dollars to get their Familiars leveled up, not to Mention Ascension spells leveled to master to quickly use the cheap Grandmasters, and purchasing other items for extra potency, crit Bonus, ab mod, stats, barding Slots, etc. A high Price to pay for a game that started out with "a lot more Entertainment" and "Things" to do, for Pretty much just the Monthly fee.
    The game has become very monotone, day in and day out the same old content to obtain 12 ethereal coins. For weeks and months the same instances that were implemented at launch of the Expac. Some with slight changes.
    And the sad Thing is that almost everything can be aquired for a small, or a larger purchase amount. Not even leveling is required anymore.
    At some Point I will have to say goodbye to a game that I have loved to Play for well over a decade, because i feel like I'm getting robbed, or forced to buy the drugs after the addiction has been induced.
  15. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I voted for Austin, since I was born and raised there and still have family there, but Dallas is also a good choice. We have world class everything from gourmet food to opera, btw: the Dallas Museum of Art is free to all and in walking distance from Downtown, and we have a large convention center Downtown. To get from the airport you can ride the DART light rail for a modest fee. Several downtown hotels are within walking distance from the convention center. Downtown has the Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum, the JFK 6th Floor Museum, Broadway touring shows, ballet, sporting events, etc, Also within a short walking distance is the West End entertainment district and a long walk or DART ride to Deep Ellum, the bar district. Several hotels here have nightly activities open to all on the rooftops of their buildings. And by next summer the world headquarters for AT&T will have its new outdoor experience up and running, it is supposed to rival Times Square, although that is probably not exactly true ;)
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok it's October the 10th now , so when can we get more information on that new server ?
    October the 30th ?
    I know that was a little rude but I am so very curious :rolleyes:
    pokes dreamweaver with her brand new broom mount .
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

You have a broom mount what more do you want! ;) Once we are ready to talk about the new server more I will definitely update everyone.
    Schmetterling, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Expansion info... as it's Oct and we're still in the dark about, well, everything
    Geroblue likes this.
  19. Bludd Well-Known Member

expac coming in december, so at least at the end of this month or beginning of next there should be info. we assume the expac goes on pre-order 5th of november
    dreamweaver likes this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

first comes the hero festival ( 15 year celebration ) than we can talk about expansions .

and yes most important thanks dreamweaver <3 for the information.
    Breanna likes this.