Nights of the Dead 2019 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My vote is, have those particular gnolls (even new ones, if need be) scale to level, like 99.9% of the other holiday mobs we have these days. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...am a wee bit disgruntled at the new house items. I mean, sure, if you're going to have something really fancy, like a moving, hinged, secret door thing (and it looks like they changed the name already, to the proper "Hinged Bookcase of Hate"? :D) sure, charge special holiday currency for it, maybe even the plushies, but everything else? I'm just glad the recipe books are for coin still... :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

It's the Sinister Chain Armor, the crate is heirloom but the armor is no-trade, its from the merchant.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Makes sense now...and yeah, I totally agree, it should be Heirloom. The recipe books are, and the plushies from the Haunted House gobbo in the cities, why not that? :-/

Uwk
    Kasa, Breanna, Kaitheel and 1 other person like this.
  5. Lera Well-Known Member

The halfling hates it when he finds out that someone's eaten all his food and clogged up the pantry with bookses.
    Breanna, Rosyposy, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

gnolls around terraporters can be made non aggro, maybe except the guy who actually kidnaps you, and he wanders pretty far from the portals.
    Katz, Breanna, Kaitheel and 2 others like this.
  7. Test Taffies Active Member

Perhaps the Biological Sample Vials color could be a darker shade of maybe Purple, Green or any other other then pink. It looks like the Erollisi day one to me.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only real difference is that the Erollisi set of tubes is in a wooden rack instead of this metal one. :-/

Either color the liquid or the corks differently, please; we mainly use these things for machinery buttons, anyway, and it'd be nice to have different colors of those. ;)

Uwk
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And could we please, please, PLEASE lighten up the RNG for the new building block sets from the Wake the Dead bit? I went through 25 graves so far, never found one yet. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Thank you Niami, I needed that laugh :D

p.p.s.
    In general, how ought the extra S added to possessive names ending in S be addressed?
    e.g.
    lint in Ceyarrecks' pocket; no coin, just lint.
    vs.
    lint in Ceyarrecks's pocket; no coin, just lint.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

12. Siren Well-Known Member

Awwww, I was so hoping this would all go live on Kaladim. What zones are we currently missing?

Well, it still looks fantastic for live. Thanks so much, Kaitheel! :cool:
  13. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

aye, I am aware.
    I think I was unclear in my original post, I meant for all the automation, pets, items, NPC text, etc. in-game that show apostrophe "S" (the later example I gave) on possessive nouns/Names.
    instead of the former.
    Perhaps some algorithm was also Not Left Behind,... suggesting the need for a "patch" or 5 Hour Block of Instruction or Summer School for Left Behind Algorithms or,...
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you! I've alerted Art of the issue, but I am not sure if any change will come in time for the event to go live, (due to the build process for art files).

~ Kaitheel
  15. Kaitheel Developer

The two new collections are giving XP, I just confirmed this. Keep in mind that if you are level 110 then all the XP is going to your Alternate Advancements.

Yeah, if someone had held on to the pumpkins from previous years, they could use them now and get a chance for those new collections. Good thing they worked!

Yeah, I can add Myrist to the list of usable spots.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Unfortunately, that would require saving it out as a brand new art file, (as we wouldn't want to inadvertently change an object already in the game world). We are not getting another full art build before the event goes live, so this is not possible.

Thankfully though, the object is not exactly the same as the one available during Erollisi Day, due tot he different material for the rack.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Good catch!!

I tried a couple different ways to resolve this issue, until I got one that had the least possible chance of causing its own pile of bugs. So, this particular gnollish terraporter (near The Mirror) will simply be cleared of Tesch Mas brutes and the abductor for the duration of the event. The other three terraporter sites still have their population, year-round.

That should do the trick!

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you all so much for jumping in and giving this a good test, so soon!

I've got the following Nights of the Dead changes heading to Test, though I am not sure when they will arrive:
    • Hinged Bookcase of Hate - The description is now accurate.
    • Tradeskilled items created in multiples are now properly plurlaized.
    • Night of the Barking Dead - Tesch Mas brutes and abductor have been despawned from the gnollish terraporter near the Mirror in Thundering Steppes for the duration of Nights of the Dead, making this much easier for lower level players.
    • The Sinister Chain Armor Crate - Armor pieces are now Heirloom and No-Value.
    • Pumpkin Bomb - Item can now be used in Myrist, Coliseum of Valor, and Maldura.
    Thank you all!

~ Kaitheel
    Katz, Cyrrena, Chikkin and 7 others like this.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You're the very best Kaitheel!

My friend who asked to turn Myrist into a pumpkin battlefield is thrilled!

Forgot to say it earlier but thanks for splitting the merchants!

Good point on XP, I was waiting for an xp line in my log, but as I have max XP and AA on the 2 chars who tested, obviously, I didn't get anything.Sorry for missing that.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! :D

And yep, the Hinged Bookcase of Hate has all its proper descriptors. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.