Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The blocks previewed and placed fine for me. Rosyposy cannot see previews on the block set, but she can see the placed set. She says she doesn't stream, so no clue why she can't see the preview art. :O
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you can view the blocks in the dressing window , you only have to click on the window with the pack first
    the way you do with cash items.
    you can't see the blocks by simply clicking ctrl like single items, I made the same mistake first.
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Update: I can view the building block items if I right-click, examine, then ctrl-click on the icon. It's annoying, but it works. Any chance something can be changed so ctrl-click works directly from the merchant window?
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Probably not as it's a pack and not having a pack wouldn't allow to get 8-15 items at once. And in a house-item pack, you can have several items and most packs work that way, so I'm not sure it would be possible to preview the pack for house items without examining first. Except if it was possible to attach the armor-pack preview mechanic to those specific house items packs (armor packs give a full preview and skip duplicates for a slot, picking the first one in the box by default, like the scorched sky armor set picking the hood instead of the collar but still giving a full preview with hood - while house item packs don't preview at all). But only Kaitheel can give an answer.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmm I have to try it out , but could we not use that fire bridge as a stream or lava fall?
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Worked just fine for me! :D

Uwk
    Breanna, Kaitheel and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Whilhelmina is correct. The pack does not have any art associated with it. It holds the items (even when it is a stack of items) and those items have art. Examining the pack to then see the item(s) inside is the only way to view the art of house items, unfortunately.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! Yes, they can. Good suggestion!

~ Kaitheel
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, Kaitheel! We appreciate all that you do!
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

Ive been able to view you have to examine them like you would a lon painting or item before unpacking it
  11. Kaitheel Developer

As of today's update:
    • Frock of Flame Armor - Armor set is now heirloom.
    • The Heat Is On - There are now more flame tuatara eggs and hatchlings to be found within a larger area of Darklight Wood.
    ~ Kaitheel
  12. daicia Well-Known Member

I just noticed that the event achievement does not show in the journal, nor does Oceansfull's Shell Raiser. I'm not sure if that's because it's triggered by starting the process for these or an error, but I thought I'd better mention it while I'm thinking of it.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, that's because the achievements (and the subcategories they are in) appear after you've earned them. Once you've killed 25 of the Scorched Sky elementals, it'll be listed in your Live Events section.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, would it be possible, I know probably not this year, but maybe next year to get a lava waterfall, bubbling lava pools, etc? I am thinking of Lavastorm type areas. Well actually I was thinking of real volcanos and how lava will flow over the edge of a cliff in a water fall and cool when it hits the water. How thick lava will ooze from the cone of a volcano down the sides and just keep creeping until it cools and stops leaving wonderful patterns as it does not all cool at the same rate.

I have a Masters in geology so things like this fascinate me. You can see some patterns molten lava would make in areas like Iceland by packing crushed ice into a metal container and then pouring hot wax over the ice, make sure to put some string dipped in wax in there as well for a wick. When all the ice melts and you remove the wax from the metal container, you will see some patterns lava can make in an icy environment and you will have a nice candle!!
    Soara2, Whilhelmina, daicia and 4 others like this.
  15. Kasa Well-Known Member

The Flame Bridge resize has changed, could we get it back to how it was? (the ability to resize smaller) :)
  16. Kaitheel Developer

The item is in flux, due to the movement rate issue. This is not the permanent item. The scale (default and minimum) on the intended item should be more appropriate.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kasa Well-Known Member

Wonderful! Thank you! :)
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Maybe they could do a Fast Flowing Bridge and a Slow Flow Bridge, something like that? :)

Uwk
    who, in Marine Biology training, had to at least take a course in Geology, so I can grok a little...and yeah, lava is fascinating (though best studied at a distance, or in reference ;->) :D
    Soara2, Zoe1, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  19. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Thank you for this event. I'm loving it and the items are great
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have never been to Hawaii to see all the Volcanos and lava there, I think it would be outstanding. But I have been to Iceland and those are a sight to behold, especially at night.