Scorched Sky Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I think they're on a fix spawn, they seemed to respawn in the order I killed them. The only spawn I timed was 3 minutes.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

we should get together and find out if they respawn faster when there are more people in the area.
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If they could be made to respawn the same way the Clams did for Oceansfull, that would be ideal, imho. :)

Granted, taking up to 20 seconds per is nerve-wracking when you're at the bottom of the sea on an Otter Totem, but for opponents on land... ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya and Finora like this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

I was just coming to say that the respawn still seems REALLY long for the elementals.

If it goes live like this, it will be an absolute nightmare.
  5. Dyeana Active Member

Getting a message when casting a spell on a mob which gets killed by my merc /pet prior to completion of the spell cast. Message is "requires non-player character". Get it 4 times in a row.. was doing a solo zone. Has occurred since the patch last night on Test. Another person stated it happened to her too sich last night's patch. Not sure if related to the current testing here.

Dye
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

is it intended that you only find one purple shinie in 5-10 minutes in sinking sands? still no shiney i even camped otu and camped back in to see if that would fix it no shinys at all near the bonfire in sinking sands. I am on my level 100 wood elf ranger
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

I finely gave up and went to darklight woods to get the 3 shinies. but sinking sands needs to be looked at.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I'll double check but I made my set there without problems pre-patch. They spawn all along the beach, not just near the druid ring.

Edit : just ran the beach down to the south end -1839, -229, 508 and found 7. Grabbed 4 more coming back to the devotee, then 5 back on the track south, then 5 back up to the devotee. In a row. So it seems to respawn fine.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

it did'nt yesterday i'll try again later today i ran up and down the beach. used my harvest tracking ability and no shinies were showing. and they did in the other places.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

It's not related to this content, no.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

I'm back from an extended weekend vacation, and will be looking at all these issues. Thank you for your dedication, and your patience.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

I poked at Sinking Sands last night on a fast killing character and couldn't manage to run out of mobs. They are spread out a long way down the beach and there are more further from the bonfire than close to it. Even in the bonfire area I never had less than 2 on track at any time and down the beach it was 4 or 5 at least.

Shinies seem to mimic mobs (long range) but they are definitely there all the time.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

I've got some big bug fixes and some nice changes coming to help make this event even better:
    • Sableflame Nightmare - Mount animations now work and models sit on the saddle, as intended.
    • Qeynos Festive Fireworks - A few Firework launchers were floating above the ground or spawning within walls. These have been corrected.
    • Rectangular Door Frame of Sun Scale [8] - Item name no longer has extra space.
    • Coin of Ember - Event coin should now be awarded per person in group upon defeat of a fire elemental.
    • Coin of Ember - Event coin should now be automatically doubled when members loot it.
    • Scorched Sky fire elementals now spawn at higher tiers for players above level 100.
    • Scorched Sky fire elementals are now just as plentiful in Pillars of Flame as the other celebration zones.
    I'm just not sure when these changes will be on Test though.

Thank you for your continued help, everyone!

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

I just checked on this and found that it is a rare overland drop. There is a chance for these types of drops from any mob in particular overland zones, and unrelated to the reward tables of these scaling level mobs.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

No. Unfortunately, the mechanic to allow them to scale to player's level does not allow for triggering immediate spawns elsewhere. They are on 3 min (+/- 15 sec) minute respawn timer, independent of one another. There are 11 per zone, except currently in PoF. PoF only had 6. I'm correcting that, so it will soon match the other zones!

~ Kaitheel
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel
  17. Lera Well-Known Member

Can the crates of blocks that are on the merchants go into our inventory, and then we can unpack them? Or are they not set up to do that? Because the way they are now, they don't show up on Census.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

No, they are not set up to do that. They are auto consume items that then place the stated quantity in your inventory upon purchase. If we did set them up as you describe, they wouldn't be able to stack. As a result they would take up more of your inventory and be less useful than the stacking items themselves. I'd rather have the items stack.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

By the way, we're anticipating getting Test updated tomorrow!

~ Kaitheel
    Finora, Niami DenMother, Kasa and 2 others like this.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Test has been patched, and I have good news and bad news on the fixes, Kaitheel. :O

Coin doubling in the chests is working
    All group members getting coins from the chest is NOT working.
    The mobs are slightly tougher (^^) above 100

I also had some oddness when grouping a level 107 with a level 100, but have not been able to duplicate it. Once I verified that only the looter was getting the coins, not the other group member, I disbanded. The level 107 was suddenly unable to trigger any of the other elementals in the area. She even tried pretty much jumping up and down on them. The level 100 then ran up to the same mobs and was able to trigger them just fine. After a relog, the 107 was also able to trigger them once again, and I've not been able to duplicate it. Therefore, I'm calling it a fluke, but mentioning it in case someone else runs into the issue as well.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.