Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Bristlebane Day is active on Test!

Jesters, thieves, bards and fans of mischief, alike, are encouraged to enjoy the Bristlebane Day festivities! You never know what laughs and pranks await you during these holy days honoring Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane. Princess Evelynn has a lofty challenge in Sinking Sands, while other celebrators, like Turry Goldsworth, can be found in the Enchanted Lands. And if you’re fortunate enough to spot the Grand Prankster, himself, he may bless you with a tale. Of course, you can get more involved by crafting your very own items in celebration of this wonderful holiday. Visit your local tradeskill house to purchase these special recipes!

P.S.

Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special events, especially in Enchanted Lands, occurring only on the highest of silly days, April 1st!

New Bristlebane Day Features for '18!
    • TLE servers:
      • Stormhold - All of event is active!
      • Fallen Gate – Special event merchant
    • 10 New Merchant Items, including a new mount, sold by Bristlebane Day merchant in city tradeskill houses
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IX" sold by "a Bristlebane Day merchant" in city tradeskill houses.
    Returning Bristlebane Day Features for '18!
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Fool's Gold Coin: These are available from repeatable event quests, and drop off of Patchcraft creatures found throughout Norrath.
    • Achievements:
      • Patchcraft Slayer
      • Honorary Gigglegibber
      • A Plethora of Pranks
      • Conniving Confections
      • You Jelly?
      • Snack Attack
    • Jester's garden spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Previous craftable recipe books sold by "a Bristlebane Day merchant" in city tradeskill houses.
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft II
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft III
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IV
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft V
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VI
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VII
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VIII
    • Quests:
      • “Pains of Herding (goldsworth_x1)” - Repeatable every year
      • Added "Ruby Skimmer" reward choice
      • "Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale" (bristlebane_story_time_x1) - Repeatable every year
      • "Plethora of Patchcraft Parts" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt" - Repeatable
      • "Ratical" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gnary a Joke to Tell" and silly Bristlebane Day themed dungeon. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Bristlebane Day Snack Snatcher: Enchanted Lands" - Repeatable
      • "Bristlebane Bounce: Sinking Sands" - Repeatable
      • The Bristlebane Quest Outline started by Blat Berisen - NOT repeatable
    • Collections:
      • Impossibly Rare Objects
      • Prankster's Piece of the Pie
    Please note: All of the scaling content should accommodate the new level cap (110). Please be sure to feedback any troubles you may encounter.

This event content is currently set to run Friday, 3/29/18 at 12:01 AM PAC time until Thursday, 4/12/18 at 11:59 PM PAC time on the live servers, with special hijinks and quests available on 4/1 and 4/2 only.

~Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

BTW... the 4/1 (& 4/2) only contest is ALSO active on Test!

New features on 4/1:
    • TLE servers:
      • Fallen Gate – Special event merchant
    Returning features on 4/1:
    • TLE servers:
      • Stormhold - All of event is active!
    • The harvestables from previous holidays can be harvested from Jester's superior garden (Frostfell, Erollisi Day, Nights of the Dead, Tinkerfest, Brewday Festival, Bristlebane Day) in Enchanted Lands.
    • Frostfell tradeskill stations & fuel merchants set up in Enchanted Lands and Sinking Sands. They are visually marked by candy canes!
    • Achievements:
      • Fur Finder / Rabbit Nabber / Bunny Hoarder / Hare Wrangler / Cottontail Collector / The Fast and the Furriest
    • Quests:
      • "Riddled Throughout the Land" - Repeatable, once per year
        • Added "Karborite Stone of Gygax" reward choice.
      • "Riddled Again" - Repeatable, once per year
        • Added "Stone of Chance" reward choice.
      • "Riddled Yet Again" - Repeatable, once per year
        • Added "Crimson Stone of Arneson" reward choice.
    ~ Kaitheel
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

April 1 stuff:
    • Karborite stone of gygax - the stone name is "kaborite", without the first R. It should also stack, shouldn't it?
    • Stone of chance, crimson stone of arneson - don't stack. Is this a "no stacking of housepets" sort of thing or an oversight? :D
    Other things I checked that are working (so others don't need to check):
    • Patchcraft spawns for a level 110 are level 109 mobs. (Amusingly, they can be 1-shot)
    • Pony upgraded with the autonomous feature knows how to harvest from both the Jester's garden and the Jester's Superior Garden
    • The new mount successfully converts into a house item, and back again.
    I'll do more testing of level 110 scaling shortly, and post more later
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Irish Active Member

Any bunnies caught before today don't count towards the fast and the furriest achievement, so it forces you to start over collecting 1000 bunnies rather than counting the bunnies from the previous achievements.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Wildlight Pegasus - uses the same art as "Hera Soullight" ... as in they share an examine and all, so linked to the same art.

Ornate Chest of Fool's Gold - the item itself is fine, as is the recipe, but the message that I got when crafting is "You created 2 [Ornate]" ... the rest of the name was truncated.
  6. Kasa Well-Known Member

I took two level 110's into the zone - A Sinister Place in the Emerad Jungle for the quest Rescuing the Princess A Bristlebane Tale, all the mobs were level 100 (was not scaling).
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

So found a few possible issues with a few of the house items:
    • "a spotted bovoch" doesn't do anything for the "sit" pet option
    • "Ruby Skimmer" doesn't do anything for the "punish" pet option
    • "Rivervale Trunk Table" has issue with placing items on top of it...they hover a few inches over the table but when placed on floor or other flat topped items place fine (touch floor correctly). (Items placed on table were "Fresh Cherry Pie", "Rivervale Jug", "Leftover Party Snack Plate" and "Rivervale Gourd Jug".
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Same as above, for "Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale"mobs are 100 and I'm 101 (still in love with that zone).
    No problems for "Gnary a Joke to Tell", they're the right level

Enchanted Lands race board is broken, it shows "nobody with 0 snacks" and I just got 117 snacks. SS works fine.
    I zoned back to EL and this time, it took my new time, go figure

How about bringing back the killer rabbit event you made a couple years back for Bristlebane? I seemed fun from what I read and you already have rabbits and killer rabbits during Bristlebane.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Quick note before I nap. Bristlebane April 1 (and 2 this year) special achievement is for rabbit nabbing - grabbing the non-aggro rabbits for achievements. The killer rabbits were a single-year thing later in the year for a Monty Python anniversary.
  10. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Hi there,

For the rabbit nabbing achievements, I have the following nab counts - and missing one:
    • Fur Finder - 25 bunnies
    • Rabbit Nabber - 100 bunnies
    • Bunny Hoarder - 250 bunnies
    • Hare Wrangler - 500 bunnies
    • Cottentail Collector - ?
    • The Fast and the Furriest - 1000 bunnies
    If any of the above is incorrect, or you all know the amount for Cottentail Collector, please let me know. Thank you!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I gathered. But why not bring it back, something along the line of "after april 1, the rabbits were way too much gathered and they became angry so for the rest of event you have killer rabbits instead of regular rabbit"?

(just random musings after hunting wabbits and easter eggs hidden in mushroom-chronoportal rings hehe)

(ah, just reread and understood your comment, I worded mine as if I meant "the event you made for bristlebane" instead of "bring back the other event for bristlebane")
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I loved the killer rabbits as well even though, they killed me. It was a hilarious good time but only for a day or two. I still have my Holy Hand Grenades.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Should be earned at 750, Jinksie.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

D'oh!
    I don't know if house pets are intended to be or not. I'll have to speak with those powers about it.

~ Kaitheel
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Unintended! It should be a brand new appearance. Change is coming!

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

This is odd. Can you reproduce this issue with any or all of the following items:

Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VIII
    • Wicker Basket of Green Beans
    • Plate of Sunshine Gems
    • Chest of Fool's Gold
    Celebrations of the Dead VIII
    • Eerie Skull Candle
    • Grouped Melting Candles
    ~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, good catch! I'll fix that!

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I'll see what can be done for the pets. As for the table, that is going to require a change to the art asset, and thus is out of my hands. I'll be sure to pass along the issue!

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Hahahaha! Cute rationalizing!

~ Kaitheel
  20. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Thank you, Kaitheel! That was going to be my guess. Much appreciated!