Beast'r Eggstravaganza Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Beast'r Eggstravaganza is now active on Test!

Each year, at the beginning of the season of Growth, Tunare whispers to the animals of the forest to let them know that the season is about to start – it is her Promise to them. In their excitement, the animals begin behaving exuberantly, looking forward to the gifts of nature that come along with the season of renewal. The small animals especially are excited (squirrels, rabbits, birds, foxes, and the like), because this is when they either look for mates or bring out their young for the first time. You don't have to be a druid or a fellow worshiper of Tunare to celebrate the season of Growth, for all are welcome!

New features for '18!
    • TLE servers
      • Stormhold - All of the event is active!
      • Fallen Gate – All of the event is active!
    • New Beast'r Eggs are available!
    • New event merchant items
      • a Beast'r Eggschanger in Qeynos Province District, Freeport, Darklight Wood, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea sells Beast'r Egg house pets in exchange for the same egg as a flavor pet.
    • New achievement
      • Accomplished Beast'r Egg Hunter
    Returning features:
    • Fluff pet crates sold via marketplace (available after the event runs in-game)
    • Search out Beast'r Eggs across Norrath to get flavor pets.
    • Beast'r Eggstravaganza achievement
      • Beast'r Egg Hunter
    This event content is currently set to run 03/27/2018 at 12:01am PDT through 04/03/2018 at 11:59pm PDT on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Please note, I anticipate turning off this event on Test on 3/21, so we can start testing Bristlebane Day, so please plan accordingly. Beast'r Eggstravaganza will be back on 3/27 (same as Live), but I want some time for testing Bristlebane Day by itself.

We've got a few events stacked up even worse than normal this year due to holiday dates!

~ Kaitheel
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

(As a side-note, as I head in to poke at this, will we be seeing anything on Test for Chronoportals before it goes live?)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

No, I'd rather focus any testing on the events with more changes and additions. The Chronoportals event is getting 5 new paintings, though. That'll go live 3/19.

~ Kaitheel
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The new achievement doesn't show - the old one shows in Live Events (no subcategory) since I finished it on this one. Is it meant to be a hidden achievement?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As an FYI, the exchanger makes finding the eggs much harder.

You can't track the durn things (unless that changed), and if you ask a guard for "beast'r" you are most likely to get pointed to the exchanger ... or someone's summoned egg.

I'm not saying this needs to be changed, just that you should be braced for more whining. :D
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

How long does it take these to depop? 5 of out 7 times in Antonica, I followed the wisp halfway across the zone, only to find the egg nowhere in sight. Granted, it takes time to fly that far, but it shouldn't have wandered THAT far in that amount of time. (I was alone in the zone, other than someone afk at the docks.)
  8. Kasa Well-Known Member

Running Qeynos I have seen it happen in North Qeynos. This was also a issue last year.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, the new achievement is hidden, like the original one.

~ Kaithell
  10. Kaitheel Developer

The exchanger doesn't affect the egg spawning functionality, but it will give players another reason to search the eggs out (or give them something to do with their doubles).

You couldn't track the eggs or be pointed to them last year, either. It takes searching them out or simply finding them while running around.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

If not found, they despawn within 3-5 minutes, and move on to another spot.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You CAN be pointed to them ... that's the thing ... folks use the guards to save their sanity ... and the guards now point to the exchanger, given the name overlap, plus they can point to anyone's summoned egg, plus they can point to an egg in the "wild"
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Foiwom is now an Eggceptional Adventurer - so the achievement works. {pants}
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Really!? I thought I tried the guards last year and it hadn't worked. Must be my fritzy memory. So, now I understand what you are meant by making it harder. And yuop, it certainly will add to the challenge!

~ Kaitheel
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yep, folks were prone to pulling out the fluff pet version of one of them and afk'ing in town, much to the frustration of everyone else, so the guards are of limited usefulness, but now there's an added layer of challenge. :D
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

All 11 exchange properly on the vendor.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eee gods, yes; in RL, Easter is on the same day as April Fool's... X-P

And yeah, I want some time for testing BB Day. :D

NEW RECIPES!!! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  19. Leafa Active Member

Kaitheel, would you please consider having the special harvest nodes run through April 2nd in EL since April Fool's and Easter are on the same day in rl?
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I must have each egg twice for each of my toons on any server any account , looking forward to getting the eggs on Fallen gate :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.