Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Nella Member

Hi TTobey,

Well it finally got patched in. The run is back to the nice jog, but the tail is lashing from side to side. So it's still not back to how it was.

-Nella
  2. Mana New Member

Thank you for the female ratonga run fix! The tail is great! Looks very natural! I remember how the old tail was. I didn't have a problem with it, but the new tail is better.
    Boopydoodle and Kelvmor like this.
  3. Kelvmor Active Member

I'm assuming that's an intentional change, because otherwise the tail was just laying flat and clipping through the legs.

EDIT: Yeah, I've seen it, it looks a *lot* better now, much more natural than before.
    Rhodris likes this.
  4. Nella Member

I loved my ratongas before this change, now I don't like looking at them move. To me, the tail lashing back and forth looks unnatural. It's tolerable at like 5% run speed ....but my run speed is usually 100%+, and it whips way too fast. Just wish this change had been made a year ago. Wouldn't have race changed 5 characters to ratonga and made many more ratonga girls.

Would be nice if DB would offer race changes to those who are unhappy with their characters now.

</3 Nella
  5. Boopydoodle Member

OH MY GOSH TTOBEY THANK YOU! It's absolutely the cutest now! Please never change it! This is the way they were meant to run all along.

Sorry Nella, you're wrong on this one, they're cute. I'm SO happy. They run just as they always did, now their tails move instead of clipping through their legs awkwardly.

Thank you again Ttobey!
    Juraiya, Mizgamer62 and Kelvmor like this.
  6. Kelvmor Active Member

If a tail moving is what makes you unhappy with being a ratonga, then you should never have picked a race with a tail. >_> Tails move---they're not static and limp. Especially on a bipedal race.

And yes, of course it's going to look bad if you have a really high run speed--all of the animations that aren't on a mount look terrible at high runspeed. Just like how horses look like they're doing a weird Baywatch run when you try to walk with them, because their insanely high runspeed triggers the run animation even while walking.
    Boopydoodle likes this.
  7. Boopydoodle Member

I know, right??? If they ran with their tail between their legs they'd trip over it. Take a look at your dog or your cat, they don't run like that.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

It looks perfect now. In the 12 years of playing I've always wanted it changed and now finally seeing it makes my girls even cuter than before.
    Juraiya and Kelvmor like this.
  8. Nella Member

Hi, there is no WRONG or RIGHT with opinions. I don't like it. If it had always been like that, I wouldn't have made a ratonga. If I had thought it would be changed, I wouldn't have made a ratonga. I have 20 ratongas ...that I don't like now. Tails do stick out when animals run, unless they're running with their tails between their legs ...yes they do that too sometimes, look at your cat or dog when its scared and they don't trip over them.

You can be happy. You got your way ...without being condescending or nasty to other players.

Peace out, Nella
  9. Nella Member

When they run, there's a slight up and down motion. Animals tails do not whip side to side while running.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I don't even know what the tail is doing anymore. Half the time is code driven and won't let me override it. What I see in our tool isn't what is happening in game.
  11. Boopydoodle Member

There was no condescension, it just seems like you're itching for an argument Nella, that's all. I'm happy with it and it's very cute. Also Ratonga do not run like rats on all fours, their legs are long and this makes a lot more sense, esp if they are wearing a cloak. Either way I enjoy it a lot!

[IMG]
    elflover likes this.
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

I have to say i like the movement of the tail now than before, has a better flow with the body movement.
    Boopydoodle likes this.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

If anyone goes on Discord, I posted a video of what I am seeing on my end.
    Boopydoodle, Rosyposy and Mizgamer62 like this.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Everyone should just buy a duckmount, always show mounts, and code team should make mounts show everywhere.

Then everyone can be happy
    Rhodris, Juraiya, Katz and 2 others like this.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Ducks are cute, but reindeer are way more awesome! :p
    Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Reindeer are for Frostfell, Ducks are for life.
    Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Boopydoodle Member

I looove the ducks. Wish I wasn't so broke, I'd buy one! They're so adorable.
  18. Spindle Well-Known Member

FWIW I created a new Ratonga female and her run is like the animation you posted. She also walks on the front of her feet, not flat-footed, nor on the heels. She has a 'on the cat walk' type of walk.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I didn't do anything to the walk.
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

My mouse is happy and enjoying her wiggly tail. :D
    Rhodris likes this.