EoF Beta and Nektropos 3

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Fyreflyte, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Zenji Well-Known Member

You know why you got poor results in the previous FG TLE betas?

Vanilla- we had 2 weeks to test 50 levels of content. No boost to 50 to test the end game stuff. So very little got to be actually tested.

DoF- the first 4 days of the 7 day beta the character copy command was bugged and very few got to make it over there, and once we did you had us testing with out of era gear.

KoS- itemization wasn't implemented, the test gear was so terribly inaccurate from what we were going to get in the expac. Making it nearly impossible to give any relevant feedback.

but yes pass the buck to the players. it is all our fault that you all can't seem to put together a beta server that yields actual results.

12 weeks of KoS, and we still have doors in Labs that are broken, Venekor is still bugged out, Claymore weapons with broken procs, Bone Clasp Girdle still doesn't work correctly, the list goes on and on. You know why people are pissed we aren't getting a beta for EoF, because we had betas for all the others and there was still a mile long list of broken things that never get fixed. So how much worse will EoF with without a Beta? I guess time will tell, for those who are masochistic enough to stick around.

and @Bulletcatcher66 in the ~9 months of this server I have not seen you post 1 actual constructive comment on these forums. All you do in whiteknight for DBG. Paying customers have a right to post feedback, even negative feedback.

But you are 100% right, I do not have to participate in this anymore. I can choose to stop supporting this game. Which I did as of last night.
    Adoninilol, Dude and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. kozmic New Member

Well said zenji I couldn’t agree more! Which is why I also cancelled my sub as well. I find it funny how free to play players with loyalty merchants, claims etc have more justification to have their content more important than a fully paid server, no loyalty merchants for billy dolls no claims for free potions nothing, yet the fully paid server gets the shaft. Not to mention the absolutely terrible customer service that we get from the devs on eq2 discord server where they tell people to “quit whining” and how much that talking to others justifies them (the devs) to “punch hem selves in the face” . Reeeeeeal good customer service... superbly professional.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

To add to DoF, all of us had Adept spells; and no thread.

To add to KoS, all of us had improper gear, adept spells for the first few days, and no changes were on the server for us to actually test the content. I guess we got fusion nerfed, which is cool.

I guess we can make a pre-emptive fix thread or something?
  4. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

That's a straw man argument. In fact, the rest of my post (the part you neglected to quote) specifically says it's not the fault of players, but of the short timetable we're working with. We simply do not have the time to set up a full beta every 6 weeks - it's time consuming both technically (setting up the server with all of the correct file versions) and design-wise (we'd have to create special boost items and merchants with gear sets for every class). Again, if we find a spot in the future where we have proper time and stand to gain some useful data, we'll set one up.

Please keep your comments constructive.
    Oranorn, Sixgauge, Tominator and 3 others like this.
  5. Tominator Member

WOW some people are so SALTY!

I work in IT and can confirm setting up and supporting a test environment is very time consuming. You have to weigh the cost/benefits of implementing that against having limited resources work on other known priorities. The players can't even begin to comprehend what goes into development & maintenance of the live environment, without even considering supporting one or more test environments. It's a LOT of work.

Thank you for all of your hard work. I just returned after a 10+ year hiatus and haven't had this much fun gaming in as long. Can't wait to get into EoF, with or without beta, and with or without any bugs that come along with it ;)
    Sixgauge likes this.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

I feel lucky we even get Fyreflyte to revamp gear for us at all. We have been told repeatedly that Fallen Gate is a 'work on it when we can, after we do all our other work on live' and the KoS beta didn't leave enough 'when we can' to really fix anything before it was released, so it does seem silly/futile to do another beta when there already isn't enough time for FG stuffs.

Fyreflyte, here is what I think priorities should be, revamping gear wise, for EoF:
    1. Heritage Quest rewards
    2. Signature Quest rewards
    3. Raid loot drops, boss and trash
    4. Heroic boss loot drops
    5. All other adventure quest rewards
    6. Heroic trash loot drops
    7. Tradeskill loot refining as needed

Reasoning: HQs are the reason this server was started, with the rewards then being available on live. This should thus be the number one priority. Signature Quests are long and are also part of the main storyline of the game, and the rewards should be worth completing them. Raiders will quit (again) if you don't have good loot, but I put this third because the rewards are multiple RNG, whereas the HQ and Sig Quest rewards are static.

If you get these top three done as soon as possible, it should lead to happier gaming for folks, even if we run into problems within zones that need to be fixed by Chrol or Gninja or whomever. I think this should be the pattern for all expansion releases, but throw Deity rewards in as #3 with Raid things as #4 when deities come out with Kunark.

Also, put potency on everything! We like potency. May as well start us down the path to live end game!
  7. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

For the most part, all of this is complete. I am 95% certain I caught all of the heritage and signature quest rewards this round, though if anything slipped through, be sure to ping me here or on Discord. I couldn't find any tradeskill items to update, as there wasn't a level increase, and I don't remember any of the EH combines having stats, though I may be mistaken.

EoF itemization was a little tricky because of the wide level range, so for the most part you'll see vanilla/DoF sized stats on items up to level 60, then KoS era stats on the 60-69 zones, and finally the increased EoF stats appearing on level 70 content. This will be fairly identifiable by the amount of potency on the items, as that is continuing its upward trend from the KoS gear.

Due to the vast quantity of items, many of the 1-69 items are statted randomly (within their archetype). This is true for some of the solo and heroic EoF stats as well, though I tried to go over any important quest rewards or boss loot by hand. All of the class based legendary sets, for instance, were hand touched-up and should have identical (and desirable) stats within an archetype. I went through and hand-tuned the stats on all raid gear, so it should be in pretty good shape.
    As with any expansion, it's almost certain a few things slipped through the cracks, so please don't hesitate to create threads here if you see any itemization bugs or issues!
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I love all the doom n gloom chicken littles getting ruffled over what might be... I will reserve my complaining for when I see the finished product. Until then I'm excited for EoF, it was probably my favorite expansion behind TSO. Also looking forward to Unrest and Shard of Fear when they are deployed.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Same... I don't even talk to our customers they have to deal with a CSR team. Customer service is a career all by itself, and I have more important tasks to work on like writing code. Just give me the user stories and let me go.
    Atan likes this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Make sure you check deity rewards, too, to see if they need some love!
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

please enable the the city class quest bows for BLs again this time.
  12. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Hey Fyreflyte. Thanks for all your hard work.

I have a question in regards to the fabled class sets coming in EoF. Assuming I clear everything the first week of the expansion, I would only get 24 pieces of the 7 set gear over the course of the entire expansion.

Have you considered allowing multiple tier pieces drop off each named so theres a chance a raid force could possible obtain full sets?

On stormhold, with a six month EoF, only two-three people actually got a full set.
  13. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I've upped the drop count on most of the end bosses, and I can certainly increase drops elsewhere, but this sounds like it could be an issue even with the increased drop rates. Ideally, we should set up some archetype rewards to allow you to choose between some of the drops, so you aren't stuck waiting on very specific drops. Not as "authentic" an experience, but that sounds like it would help fill out sets within the short timetable. If anyone has concerns about this, please let me know.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

So, can we expect more than one piece of "armor" to drop off of bosses?
  15. Fistpower Well-Known Member

So you want to award players with patterns after the final boss of a raid dies or do I misunderstand?
  16. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

It works in the same manner as many of the later expansions. Instead of the boss randomly dropping 2 pieces of armor, it instead drops two "patterns" of a particular armor type and slot which will auto-consume when looted, allowing the looter to select any piece of class armor available in that type. So if you are a wizard and a cloth shoulder pattern drops, you loot it and it allows you to select any of the class cloth shoulders in a little popup window. It is then up to you to select the correct piece of armor, since predicating every single one of these would have taken me hours, and I trust you guys to select the only reward that isn't listed in grey ;)
    Fistpower and Carynn like this.
  17. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

heheheheheheeheheheheheehe....
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

pfff... don't be so sure, I just bid 10 dkp on the wrong item.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  19. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Wat! That's a 50 dkp minus!!!
  20. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Just wondering, will warlocks "Focused Casting" be useless on this server? As far as i remember it increases ur potency based on ur CB, and there's no CB here.