Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Actually he's probably the wrong person.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

You probably need designer support, and Gninja is the designer for the job.
    Dude and Fairin like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

YVW. I really enjoy putting together spiffy outfits, whether for my toons or for others. Noting the gaps in the armor selection, I have to wonder if there aren't full armor sets in the Goo-series with a bunch of pieces not yet discovered.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Kelvmor Active Member

It's possible I've asked this question before, so please forgive the lapse in memory if I have, but:

Why is it that only some illusions can use animated /emote commands? For example, the skeleton illusions--Nights of the Dead Skeletal Marauder Costume, Nylph's Bone Form, Icy Touch, just to name a few--show animations when using /nod, /sleep01, /wave, etc. However, other illusions that use the same player animation skeleton, such as Nights of the Dead Oggok Ogre Costume, Form of the Ice Efreeti, and Petrified Orc Eye, simply stand there blankly when those emotes are used.

The only animations I've found to be truly universal amongst all illusions with the same animation skeleton are the /mood fear and /mood angry idle animations
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

There's probsbly a box not checked in their script....Can Do Emote. I will check on Tuesday.
  6. Kelvmor Active Member

Thanks!

One last thought, while my mind is still full of late-night ramblings--there's a Crusader AA, called Hammer Ground, that used to use a random attack animation based on your equipped weapon when you used it. Was a nifty tool in RP to help visualize an attack--but the animation was changed along with other AA ability animations and particle effects to something else.

Any chances we could get some sort of emote that accomplishes the same? A /swingweapon command, or something located in the Ability tab of the spell book, that would produce a random melee attack animation out-of-combat? And perhaps something similar, for ranged attacks?
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What do these look like? Illusion names don't help me out. Any screen shots?
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Never mind, I got it. This is all it takes to make the magic. "bIsCharacter = true"
    Kelvmor and Prissetta like this.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yea one of these days I could add that.
    Kelvmor, Finora and Prissetta like this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

It'd be super awesome if it could be added to house actors as well.
    Simparri and Kelvmor like this.
  11. Kelvmor Active Member

...*cough*.

One more thing! Spontaneous Combustion doesn't ride mounts. The humanoid fire elemental one, from the new season of LoN.
    [IMG]
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

ok i think i got it.
    Kelvmor and Prissetta like this.
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Wanted to pass on kudos to the art/animation folks for the various illusions/forms that are in game and the movements associated with them.

When NotD started, I talked to the Gigglegibber Illusionist and have been having a blast with the Nights of the Dead illusions. So much awesome, and cycling through them really makes you appreciate the different movements and behaviors each different form has. I've spent more time off my mount (so I can see the illusions) in the past few days than I have a very long time. :D
  14. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Couldn't the Nights of the Dead illusions be made compatible with disk mounts at least?
    I can see how it would take a lot of work to make them ride horses or wear wings but what is involved in standing on a disk mount?
  15. Kelvmor Active Member

EQ2's illusions are the best. <3
    Shmogre likes this.
  16. Kelvmor Active Member

I believe, and ttobey could probably correct me on this, but I believe that the code switch for "can ride mounts" is all-encompassing. They'd probably have to add a special line of code to each individual illusion to get them to ride the disk/flying carpet mounts specifically, but not anything else.

And even then, chances are, the illusion would either be static (unmoving) when not performing animations recognized by the skeleton (e.g., combat animations). There'd be no "mount_idle" animation for the illusion.
    Hexalobular likes this.
  17. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

You're probably right, I had already realized that they might look a bit stiff just standing without bracing against the slipstream.
    And one would miss out on the walking animations, as you say, they really are great, I should just get into the habit of dismissing my mount when using an illusion and not travelling.
    Shmogre likes this.
  18. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I dragged the "Summon Mount" spell to a hotbar and assigned a key to it (I used the period), and made macros to equip my flying and ground mounts and put them beside it. Makes it super easy to dismiss my mount and then call the one I want when I'm done, and I get to see the cool NotD illusions more. :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Skrez New Member

Hello!

Big fan of the new illusion on the merchant--Nights of the Dead Thullosian Ogre. Couldn't help but notice one thing, though...compared to the Thullosian NPCs in Moors, the illusion one has one ugly, bloated face, almost to the point of looking like a glitch, especially around the heavily recessed chin.
    Illusion:
    [IMG]

NPC out in Moors:
    [IMG]

Ogres are supposed to be pretty ugly, I know--but not quite so chipmunk-cheeked and weak-chinned. Do you think you could get someone to take a look at it, and give the illusion a tiny little facelift--make it look more like the ones out in Moors, in the face? Until then, I think I'll be keeping my SK helmet on while using it. Otherwise, I love how it looks, and its color!
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

This is correct kinda sorta. To get it to work, I would have to add a crouch animation for whatever that model is and then copy the weapon stance (crouch_idle) to the illusion vdl, not impossible, just not at the top of my list for things to get working.
    Prissetta likes this.