Nights of the Dead 2017 - Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Kaitheel Developer

These should be the last changes for NotD 2017:
    • Nights of the Dead merchants are now selling Thullosian Ogre Costume and Rujarkian Orc Costume.
    • Many No-Trade live event house pets are now Heirloom.
    I don't know when they will hit Test, but there's enough time it should be before the event goes live on 10/6.

Thanks again for all your help, everyone!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thank you, Kaitheel! :D

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, no, wait...how about talking to the other devs/Art Dept./whoever towards taking off the NO-VALUE tag from the Nightmarish Ceremonial Plate armor? It's cool looking, and I hate having to Destroy pieces of it just to get them out of the inventory/bank/wardrobe/etc.; I'd much prefer to be able to Vendor it. :-/

Uwk
    who doesn't have enough alts to wear it all...frightening thought =8-0
    Schmetterling and Prissetta like this.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

I already had asked. It's staying as is. Seems it was changed to be this way after rampant abuse. Sadly, some people ruin it for others.

~ Kaitheel
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

That begs the question of how do you rampantly abuse randomly dropped, cheaply valued armor.

/sigh I'll just have to weigh whether it's better to auto loot and destroy later or set it so I have to click accept and avoid having to destroy them.
  6. Kelvmor Active Member

Thank you so much!!! Was immediately excited about this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can easily imagine getting oh, 20, maybe 30 copper for each piece. Oh, the exploits. X-P

Uwk
    Mizgamer62, Mermut and Prissetta like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Not replying directly to this post but wanted to reply to Kaitheel.

Would you, could you, please be our new person and still retain the events/quests duties? Please, please, please, please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? You have done an outstanding job with the live events and have shown that you will listen to us, not be so lax that everything that is asked for is granted but you are reasonable and don't just say no.

We are not a demanding community, we will walk ourselves, feed ourselves, you would just need to give us treats occaisionally and maybe let us sleep on the foot of your bed. We will be a good community. I promise!! We will not do bad things on the carpet or chew up things we are not supposed to chew on. Please oh please be our person!!!

Regards

Cyrrena

PS----Did I say puuuuuuhlease?
  9. Kelvmor Active Member

Tested out the new illusions earlier--they work great! The only thing I can think of to gripe about is that the Rujark orc doesn't do the animations associated with /nod, /laugh, etc., despite being able to ride mounts and do everything else.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Chikkin like this.
  10. Absiuris New Member

is it possible to have the headless horseman loot revamped for apperance item plz?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The loot from killing the Headless Horseman? What is it nowadays?

Uwk
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

he's lvl 104 or so and loot is 80's
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I am beyond curious, and fairly certain that I'm not alone in feeling confused & upset that the new NoTD bat mount is tagged as No-Trade instead of Heirloom. Particularly after reading thru this thread & seeing that the updated version that will hit the live servers when the event begins will be far more rare than the initial version, this seems like a VERY bad idea. Given the stats ONLY apply to level 100 toons, where is the harm in making them Heirloom instead so they can be passed around to alts? Many of us have alts that are not, and may never reach level 100 but would LOVE to be able to use these mounts for appearance.

Just can't figure out the logic behind things such as this that seem like utter nonsense only designed to upset loyal customers...
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sneaky Kaitheel is sneaky. In addition to all the goodness called out in the first post, there's a new quest reward for a returning quest, and it's a "creepy" one according to the folks who have seen her so far. "Raggedy Setri Plushie" has been added to the reward options for "A Dream, By Any Other Name."
    Cyrrena, Quillyne, Shmogre and 2 others like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brr, yeah, I've seen that thing linked in the chat channels... =8-0

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but what's the chance of our House Actors being able to "wear" our various NotD Costumes? :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ohhh I like that idea Uwk!!! And while he is at it, perhaps he could let them wear any other costumes or illusion forms???

Cyrrena
  18. Lera Well-Known Member

I suppose heirloom is better than no-trade, but I was hoping the pets and plushies would be tradeable so I could give them away in my scavenger hunts.
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Items like these are great for raffles for player Faires so it is a shame that they are not tradeable.

Cyrrena
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the house pet ducks from Frostfell are tradable

and I know it's a little early
    But could we please get a Frostfell tree on the merchant on Fallen Gate
    pretty please with peppermint cheese candy canes on top:D