Nights of the Dead 2017 - Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Kaitheel Developer

She won't play her game of hide-n-seek forever, but she does enjoy it!
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Neriak does not participate in NotD by decree of Queen Cristanos. Seems she does not want to see previous events come to pass in her city! (It's why Neriak is the only city with pumpkin smashing.)

~ Kaitheel
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I have to give credit where credit is due, as usual the NOTD event rocks and I love the new items and quests that have been added. Great job! Also, thank you to the all the testers!
  4. Kaitheel Developer

There should be stats on it now. Seems the stats were being hidden by some sneaky item designer. Now they're not!

~ Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

By the way, I've been really impressed. You all jumped right in to check it out and provide feedback for this event. This is great!

The free travel was a surprise to me! After seeing the initial posts, I had a few conversations about this yesterday. Free travel is intended to be another perk with membership, but clearly something is amiss with it, right now. Code is looking into it. It's delivery to live servers is not linked to Nights of the Dead, so it may or may not be activated when NotD is. But it is being worked on! I was sure to pass along your kudos for the feature!

Additionally, the missing house leader board and marketplace info are also being looked at thanks to your reports!

~ Kaitheel
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

It's the most wonderful time of the year for a reason! :p
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

aww as for free travel on test it is a wonderful perk and incentive to come test stuff, but if it gets tangled somehow and leaks to live when not intended I understand :(
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Even if you chose the other option in her conversation instead of hide and seek, she still stalks you, as Niami is now finding out. :D

I have to say, even before I get my brain wrapped around the new quest, this has been a great bit of fun, with more lovely house items than usual. I'm quite a happy halfling.
  9. Dyeana Active Member

I just reminded myself of one of my pet pieves ..... Can we get a better solution to the pumpkin bombs?

Currently the person who buys the bomb can't harvest the pieces. Definately not much incentive to even bother to buy the pumpkin bombs. I am not sure what the best solution is now??? :oops:

A mob we can throw against?
    Throw at another player and be able to harvest?
    Be able to trow at another player in any zone and be able to harvest?
    Something different?

I really would like to complete that collection.

Thanks

Dye

Oh btw, I got stuck at 23 percent too, and started going back out after the bottles to see if there was a bottle in some other part of the mansion. Are there misplaced or hidden bottles?

D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Dyeana Active Member

One other thought on the mansion zone. Reset in 30 minutes, OK I guess. But would be nice to have the 3 hour duration of the zone extended out a bit, say maybe 1 or 3 days? Would allow additional time to figure out the zone for some players.

Also if the zone is reset, can the collection of the memories be reset in the quest upon the next entrance of the new zone? It would be nice to know which items need collected as they progress through the new zone.

Dye

And I am still waiting for a burnt key in Obulus Frontier on the Test server. Someone forgot us on Test! :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Kaitheel Developer

I've submitted a few changes myself, to address some feedback and issues:
    • Description on examine window for Putrescent Slime Cube is now accurate.
    • Wake the Dead - The gravestone reuse time after receiving a treat has been reduced to match other reuse times.
    • Wake the Dead - Shovels and functional gravestones can now be found in Darklight Wood, Haven, Maj'Dul, and Great Divide.
    • Wake the Dead - More gravestones have been added to Freeport, and the Qeynos Capitol and Providence Districts.
    These changes should be included with the next update to Test!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

It's not just you. Chrol reproduced the issue, and has made some adjustments to the fight. His changes are not on Test yet, but should be included with the next update.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

When we know there are responsive devs who will actually read our feedback and bug reports, it gives lovely incentive to dive in on the testing. We LIKE feeling useful over here! :D
    Cyrrena, Kaitheel, Dude and 7 others like this.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with that achievement at all either, and there's nothing in the wiki about it that I can find.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

I've been walking around Qeynos howling like a fool just to see if that's related to it LOL.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ditto, and nobody on Discord knows anything about it, and EQ2U doesn't have it showing as discovered, so it if is an old achievement series, then nobody's found it? /confuzzled
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Annnnndd the Test patch tonight broke the housing leaderboards and the marketplace ... again. (They were fixed for a while today.)
    Dude likes this.
  18. Lera Well-Known Member

That's not how you spell Frostfell.
    Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I went to test gravedigging in GD after the patch, and got nothing, ghost, nothing, nothing, nothing, treat, nothing so something is askew there. When I went to Qeynos, I still had the aggro mobs spawn on some of the digging attempts, but in GD, they didn't spawn, so something is amiss with the functional gravestones out there. I can't check Haven, but I'll poke at DLW and Maj'Dul in a bit, too.

Edit: The DLW and Maj'Dul gravestones are also missing the mob spawn. The faster timer after a treat is working though! :D
    Cyrrena, Kaitheel, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  20. Lera Well-Known Member

The gooblin costume has the wrong description. It says Ssraesha Grimling.
    Kaitheel, Prissetta and Dude like this.