Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of spawns, I've noticed on a lot of the harvest special bushes/nodes/etc. in general (and the Jester's Garden as a specific example for this holiday) that they have a really relatively high Gathering minimum. Why not put them back at 1, like I think they'd been way back when (I seem to remember that from the Frostfell Village, back before we had to slaughter things to get our quests started)?

That minimum of minimums was cool, when even newly made toons could have a hope in heck of getting something before too long. :-/

Uwk
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be a high minimum causing the issue, but a high maximum - which allows folks to keep getting skillups as they harvest. What are you calling "really high"? (i.e., what skill do you have that is still getting skillups?)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, looking back on it, it could also be the fault of the dreaded RNG Monster, but in the modern-day Frostfell Village, I could have toons with an 89 in Harvesting still not getting anything, other than an annoying message laughing at my inadequacies and not telling me what I actually needed to harvest the node reliably ("This doesn't have any rares, idiot. I'm not telling you squat.").

It was frustrating the hell out of my baby toons trying to harvest anything from the Jester's Garden the other night (not the special ones on April 1st [was too busy getting the new dice for that ;->], just the regular ones) until I finally Examined the node after one of them got to 32+ in Harvesting and found it was now trivial to harvest from it. Which told me that it probably actually was starting at 1 (nodes that require 20+ usually don't trivialize out until in the 90s), but it would've been nice to know that. :-/

I guess that's what I'm arguing for (and probably not something poor Kaitheel can do something about :-/): there are some nodes out there, I've seen them (though I can't recall now just where, of course), that even though they don't have any rares, will still be honest with you about what you need to interact with them (other than just "1 and hope you can get out of here in less than an hour with the node finally cleared"). :-/

Uwk
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Loved this event, i found that fishing barracuda was a bit rough, on first fish three insects ganged me and only serenity saved my little lvl 60 life, then i got more cautious trying to fish when the insects were away but still i almost always go one and sometimes even 2.

A level 20 friend could not complete the princess rescue solo (had to help her with my 60 conjurer mentoring) , the named stoneskin and either you wait or pick a shinny and get ann add. It is not clear if the shinny color matter, it seems that no but it is unclear.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, the barracuda thing was rough; best to do it on something like a Fighter- or Scout-type. :-/

I tried the Princess rescue thing ONCE on Test, when it first came out. I was a bit dismayed to find that you had to clear the ENTIRE instance (which takes huge amounts of time, depending), rather than just being able to sneak around like in that quest line in the "Dreamtime" for Heroes' Festival. That one was cool. :)

Uwk
  6. Kaitheel Developer

The shinny color absolutely matters. Pick the wrong ones and an imp spawns.

~ Kaitheel
    Kalika likes this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Pay attention to the aura around Danak.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

With my graphic quality i usually don t really see animations or auras but i m quite sure that next year examining his bug will tell me which shinny to pick ;-)