Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, just tried it with my level 78 Guardian, after going on a little shopping trip to the Broker to see if my equipment was the issue with my Fury from before. Woo. If I had the chance to get my best moves off, I did okay; if I didn't (and was usually double-teamed; no more than two at a time, which was nice [and even so, some of my best moves with him are AoEs]), I got in serious trouble.

I did have a ton of Totems of the Otter (and only wound up needing one) and was able to do everything from underwater, but between the poison and the stun (5-10 seconds worth, during a fight, if there was only one casting that), if I didn't have that capability, I think I'd really be in trouble. :-/

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which class did you use, out of curiosity? What level? ;->

Uwk
  3. Dyeana Active Member

100 necro
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Plus, yeah, I don't see even low levels having any problems getting to where Turry's buddy is...if they're careful and hit the water when they land. ;->

I don't remember seeing any foes of any sort in the area; I mean, he's just off the Landing. Take a running start off the edge of that cliff and you should be able to miss most of any sea critters that might be aggro. Probably best with some sort of parachute cloak or mount, even so. :-/

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, the tricky time I had with the Hops opponents in the new Brewday quest was generally with my lower-levels; anyone 95 or higher had no problems whatsoever, regardless of what equipment they had...I'll try it with my uber-high levels once it goes Live and see if that holds true with this one (don't have anyone much over the high 70s on Test). :-/

Uwk
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have fallen of the upper platform plenty times and never died
    I think this place is made so you can simply dive of the edge and get down there alive
    you have to just make shure you jump of the right side or you have to go for a long swimm around the island to the beach with the bugs.
    Back up is easy , simply use the balloon.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah...I keep forgetting, find the herd first, then Turry's buddy pops up... :D

If you have the Cannon quest for getting across the chasm done (and really, I'm not sure why they insist on you being X level in any category, minimum, since all you're doing is getting materials for the fix-it manager...if you want to risk suicide at level 1, that should be up to you ;->), I think you might be able to take the regular balloon station down there? Or not; the guy down there may only be for rescues, yeah. It's been awhile. :-/

But yeah, jump down, try to land in the water, and you should be okay at any level. :)

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, after testing Pains of Herding with my Scout (level 41 Troubadour, just dinged, all new equipment, handled the "Gnary a Joke to Tell" with flying colors), I'll have to say that he and the 78 Guardian did the best...I was tempted to say the DPS dude did the very best, until he got ganked by three of them at once and had to take a Health Potion (100% healed damage) or die. The level 78 Guardian and level 59 Conjuror, who usually make neat work of whites and even yellows, were routinely knocked down into the yellows on their health bars themselves, especially when the Conjy pet couldn't hold aggro (but my Conjy would've probably died several times over if the pet wasn't there). ;-> The level 69 Fury had access to healing spells, but that was mostly what he was doing, rather than throwing a lot of combat spells and weapon blows.

So, yeah, challenging indeed for anyone under 95, I'm guessing (I will try it with my 95 Beastlord when it goes live), but it takes a lot of time to wade through. :-/

Not every barracuda had a "protector"; my DPS guy (who didn't need the help that much :D) got away with it once, as did my Fury. I could say that's because they chose their targets more wisely, but the best way to see the barracudas is from underwater, and it's difficult to gauge skimmer numbers in the area if they're above the surface (frequently, though, they're underwater with you, even without attacking).

My suggestion would be to make the skimmers scale to your level, react, etc., all the usual stuff, when you get close enough to the fish or to them, and then not re-pop after they're gone. It would take a bit of time, but if I could clear the blasted skimmers out completely and only worry about the fish afterwards, that would be ideal. It would still be a threat, especially with a group of them, and Turry's buddy would still have to worry about them attacking him or his charge, but it would take a lot of the really frustrating randomness out, I think. :-/

Uwk
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

:( I figured out , why those new silly flowers look so familiar they were used in Landmark.
    Well can we have other artwork from there? :D
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That would be cool! :D

Uwk
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Odd; am trying out the new quest with my level 51 Illy, and even though I didn't raise a finger (or other weapon ;->) in anger or defense or anything against the Skimmer and let my Persona Twin do all the work (an experiment), it completely ignored her and just focused everything on me. Crawled through the Twin's root spell to go after me, stunned me, poisoned me, etc. Weird. :-/

More than once; each time, the Skimmers didn't bother going after the one doing damage to them until they were down to red bubs for hit points. I understand them getting pissed off at me for stealing their fish, but they're awfully stubborn. :-/

I will say, though, when the inevitable multi-gank occurred, my Twin and I made a real good team. ;->

Uwk
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Oops! Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I went through all the past year's recipes, just to be sure it didn't flip-flop fuel in the past, since it uses both T1 and T2 resources without rhyme or reason, and it always uses the Basic fuel, even when it uses the T2 resources. So, yep, the two Silly Bloom recipes should be using Basic Candles. :D
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Best team so far are my Mystic and his pet at level 52! :)

Uwk
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Best "solo artist" is my level 49 Bruiser.

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er, are the Riddle quests that Imenand offers going to be there again this year on the 1st (and is there anything new about them this year, new dice/riddles/etc.?)? And could we check them out before the 1st on Test, please...? Or is that impossible the way it's written? :(

Uwk
    whose alts still need more of those elusive dice...the collections are not complete!
  17. Kaitheel Developer

There are 3 new reward dice. The quests will be back. I want to activate the 4/1 content this weekend on Test.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! :D

Uwk
  19. Kaitheel Developer

The April 1st content is now active on Test!

Returning features on 4/1:
    • TLE servers – This event will be active, with the following exception:
      • "Riddled Yet Again" is unavailable due to zone inaccessibility
    • The harvestables from previous holidays can be harvested from Jester's superior garden (Frostfell, Erollisi Day, Nights of the Dead, Tinkerfest, Brewday Festival, Bristlebane Day) in Enchanted Lands.
    • Frostfell tradeskill stations & fuel merchants set up in Enchanted Lands and Sinking Sands. They are visually marked by candy canes!
    • Achievements:
      • Fur Finder / Rabbit Nabber / Bunny Hoarder / Hare Wrangler / Cottontail Collector
    • Quests:
      • "Riddled Throughout the Land" - Repeatable, once per year
        • Added "Crimson Stone of Gygax" reward choice.
      • "Riddled Again" - Repeatable, once per year
        • Added Emerald Stone of Chance" reward choice.
      • "Riddled Yet Again" - Repeatable, once per year
        • Added "Onyx Stone of Arneson" reward choice.
    ~ Kaitheel
  20. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

"16"?