Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Jesters, thieves, bards and fans of mischief, alike, are encouraged to enjoy the Bristlebane Day festivities! You never know what laughs and pranks await you during these holy days honoring Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane. Princess Evelynn has a lofty challenge in Sinking Sands, while other celebrators, like Turry Goldsworth, can be found in the Enchanted Lands. And if you’re fortunate enough to spot the Grand Prankster, himself, he may bless you with a tale. Of course, you can get more involved by crafting your very own items in celebration of this wonderful holiday. Visit your local tradeskill house to purchase these special recipes!

P.S.

Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special events, especially in Enchanted Lands, occurring only on the highest of silly days, 4/1/2017!

New Bristlebane Day Features for '17!
    • TLE servers – All of the event is active!
    • 14 New Merchant Items, including 2 new mounts, sold by Bristlebane Day merchant in city tradeskill houses
    • New Quest - Pains of Herding, offered by Turry Goldsworth in Enchanted Lands - Repeatable, once per year
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VIII" sold by "a Bristlebane Day merchant" in city tradeskill houses.
    Returning Bristlebane Day Features for '17!
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Fool's Gold Coin: These are available from repeatable event quests, and drop off of Patchcraft creatures found throughout Norrath.
    • Achievements:
      • Patchcraft Slayer
      • Honorary Gigglegibber
      • A Plethora of Pranks
      • Conniving Confections
      • You Jelly?
      • Snack Attack
    • Jester's garden spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Previous craftable recipe books sold by "a Bristlebane Day merchant" in city tradeskill houses.
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft II
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft III
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IV
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft V
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VI
      • Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VII
    • Quests:
      • "Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale" (bristlebane_story_time_x1) - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Plethora of Patchcraft Parts" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt" - Repeatable
      • "Ratical" - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Gnary a Joke to Tell" and silly Bristlebane Day themed dungeon. - Repeatable, once per year
      • "Bristlebane Day Snack Snatcher: Enchanted Lands" - Repeatable
      • "Bristlebane Bounce: Sinking Sands" - Repeatable
      • The Bristlebane Quest Outline started by Blat Berisen - NOT repeatable
    • Collections:
      • Impossibly Rare Objects
      • Prankster's Piece of the Pie
      • Bristlebane's Memories
    This event content is currently set to run Thursday, 3/30/17 at 12:01 AM PAC time until Thursday, 4/13/17 at 11:59 PM PAC time on the live servers, with special hijinks and quests available on 4/1 only.

~Kaitheel
    Kasa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

BTW... the 4/1 only contest is not active at this time. That will come to Test, later.

Oh, and there's one known issue so far. Currently, the festival merchant is selling the Brilliant Bristlebane Day Cap twice. One of those was intended to be a Jolly Bristlebane Day Cap. That'll be coming!

~ Kaitheel
    Kasa and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

All the crafting fuel is Basic with the exception of the Chemistry table which is requiring Glowing Candles.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I thought it might be on , when it took so long to load up the test server today
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I can only figure 12 of the 14 new buyables, even counting the jolly bristlebane day cap that you say is incoming. {headscratch}

Listing them here so folks can help me figure out the other two:
    1. a golden pekin
    2. a were-rabbit
    3. hinged rivervale pantry (!!111!!eleventyone!!)
    4. jocular patchcraft thrasher plushie
    5. jovial patchcraft growler plushie
    6. spotted baby bovoch
    7. ruby bixie skimmer
    8. topaz bixie skimmer
    9. jolly bristlebane day cap
    10. jolly bristlebane day boots
    11. jolly bristlebane day gloves
    12. jolly bristlebane day robe
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

#13 Brilliant Temptation (thanks, Kasa!)
    #14 Petamorph Wand: Strongbox Mimic

Meanwhile "Woven Basket of Beans" already exists as an item name for an AoM collection reward, so this one needs to be renamed to something else. Maybe "Woven Basket of Green Beans"? or somesuch?

Additionally, I am dying of laughter over here due to the pluralizations while crafting these
    2 [Plate of Sunshine Gemses] and 2 [Woven Basket of Beanses]

2 [Chest of Fool's Golds] isn't as silly sounding, but it doesn't scan well. :D

Silly hobbitses! ;)
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea those tide skimmers are not harmless either
    I had a hard time finding the barracudas until I went under water and looked up
    I forgot to follow my own best advice to mentor down , if your gear is less than good , I died 3 times doing
    the new quest " Pains of Herding " talk about a fitting name " ouch " at one point I got attacked by 4 of the skimmers at once:eek:.
  8. Kasa Well-Known Member

Quest Pains of Herding: I am getting Quest journal update! [DEVL] INVALID - No progress texts specified. When I hand in the quest on the Quest Reward in "Description" [No COMPLETED TEXT].
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you got to go back to Enchanted land to complete it
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Pains of Herding
    On the barracuda step
    1) The skimmer attacks are inconsistent (it may be a proximity thing?). On my first barracuda 3 skimmers mobbed me, on another, none mobbed me (probably because the one guarding that fish already was part of the bigger mobbing?) A couple times I had two jump me at once as well. Is this intentional?
    2) A DEVL-INVALID (or something like that) string message comes across the screen when you snag your final barracuda (whoops, Kasa already caught this one)
  11. Kasa Well-Known Member

I got the reward. :) In the pop up box for the reward from Turry Goldworth under Description it states [No COMPLETED TEXT]
  12. Kaitheel Developer

What happened to the quest journal!? Oy. Glad you all caught it now! I'll be submitting the following changes:
    • A Bristlebane Day merchant is now selling a Jolly Bristlebane Day Cap
    • Woven Basket of Beans has been renamed to Wicker Basket of Green Beans.
    • Wicker Basket of Green Beans, Plate of Sunshine Gems, Chest of Fool's Gold are now properly pluralized when more than one are crafted.
    • Quest Pains of Herding - Quest journal is now complete.
    I don't know when these changes will make it to Test, but know they are headed your way.

Thank you, and have fun!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Snack Snatcher scoreboard is not showing any top scores, just a lot of "nobody with 0" (I finished it with 111 snacks this time.)

edit: Erm ... ran the race a second time, and it put me on the board finally.
  14. Dyeana Active Member

Ummmmm .... You forgot to mention Bristlebane's Memories (tradeskill) as one of the collections.

Dye
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Before the actual 4/1? Please? :D

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Isn't that a red glowie collection? :-/

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I'm guessing the quest journal glitch will be fixed, but I'll have to say about 1), feedback-wise, that after my experience so far with it, I'll have to use water-breathing toons or Totems of the Otter (because it does seem to go better from underwater), choose my targets carefully (I've lucked out so far; no mob rush, just singletons), and probably mentor down. I'll see what happens with a Fighter-type. :-/

EDIT: Wow. Just got jumped by two of them on my Fury, who usually does better than this. Almost died several times. Not fun at all. :-/

Uwk
    who wonders: why is it that we're offered a House Pet or Plushie of the thing that kicked our arses around the block, like the snow drake thing in the Frostfell Village and now this? Don't the Powers know how much abuse we'll want to heap on these poor things? ;->
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, and it's "voracious" for usually describing a lot of eating/huge appetite; "veracious" means "speaking or representing the truth" (in the dialogue when you return to Turry). So, the skystrider may have been truthfully very hungry. :D

Uwk
    Prissetta and Kaitheel like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'll definitely be sure to test it with all four types (Priest, Fighter, Mage, Scout), but one thing that might help: we only need 12 Barracuda, and it looked like there were like 20 or 30 of those bloody Tide Skimmers; how about just 12 Skimmers? That way, if we do get mobbed, we can at least relax that we've winnowed down their numbers a bit. ;->

Uwk
  20. Dyeana Active Member

Yes Uwk, It is the Bristlebane Red Glowie collection added in 2011.

On that new quest, Pains of herding, I found it very easy. Since this is a fun thing, and only done once a year, bring the exp up on the mobs a bit. Give folks a thing to remember of them. As far as the air breathing, I didn't need any. Kept getting pushed to the surface on every one collected.

Other that that, low levels might complain a bit if getting to and from the fish guy. But hey, it is part of the excitement dodging bullets when transversing high level zones when a low level. At least the guy could offer to have his mount take them back to the herd at the end of the dialoge. Maybe even click on the herd above and have the herd take folks to the handler heheeeee

Dye