Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Brewday Festival is now active on Test!

Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Follow the shouts of rowdy patrons located near every player city to the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. Once inside, grab a stein and celebrate Brewday with the holiday themed rewards, crafts, and adventures, both new and familiar. Keep a watch though, if you plan on patronizing the many drinking holes of Norrath this Brewday, as there has been news of a band of pirates causing trouble. The last report stated they were at Dead River Docks in The Thundering Steppes.

New Features for '17!
    • TLE servers – all of event available, except “More Brews is Good News” collection
    • 12 New Merchant Items sold by Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell
    • New Quest – "Pressed into the Brewcrew" offered by Gimdahr, Brewcrew Captain, in The Thundering Steppes.
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VIII" sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • The Great Brewday Pub Crawl
      • Festive Furniture
      • Pub N' Suds
      • Drunk Level: Dwarf
      • Can't Hold Their Liquor
    • Special event items can be purchased from Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell in exchange for Beer Tokens.
    • Bountiful Brewday gardens can only be seen when wearing the "Ale Goggles" head equipment. They spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Wild Boar loot from Hammy in High Keep while Brewday is active.
    • Collections:
      • More Brews is Good News
      • Brews Across Norrath
    • The Entrance to the Bar of Brell in Antonica, Commonlands, Haven, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Frostfang Sea.
    • Tradeskill recipe books sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VI
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VII
    • Tradeskill recipe to craft the Velious Distillery 2 & 3
    • Returning quests:
      • "Bog Mountain's Eruption" - Repeatable every year
      • "Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew" - NOT repeatable
      • "What is That Noise?!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Drinks Are On The House!" - Repeatable every two hours
      • "Snoogle's Presentation" - Repeatable every year
      • "Beers for Brell!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brell's Everlasting Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale Goggles" - Repeatable every year
      • “Thurgadin Ice Brew” - Repeatable every year
      • “Black Swill for Blackswell” - NOT repeatable
      • “Deep Within Hammerhall” - Repeatable every year
      • "Rummage for Answers" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brewday Beer Guardin’: Butcherblock" - Repeatable
    This event content is currently set to run 03/03/2017 at 12:01am PST through 03/17/2017 at 11:59pm PST on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For "Pressed into the Brewcrew", the moment that you accept the quest, three "a brewcrew buccaneer" magically fall from the sky to lie or sit around the Captain. I'm suspecting their visibility trigger is a bit off, unless we're experiencing odder weather than I suspected. "Oi! Duck an' cover! It's raining bucaneers!" (To clarify, there were no buccaneers around him when I arrived or spoke to him, they just dropped from the sky after I accepted the quest - two prone, one lady sitting beside him.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Neither Kasa nor I can find the missing a Brewcrew Buccaneer in Kylong, nor can I find so much as a dropped ale stein as a clue to where s/he might have gone. I checked the dock area thrice. I walked the path from there to Teren's twice, just in case s/he fell along the way to the barkeep in Teren's. I checked Teren's twice. I even walked from Teren's to Highton, just in case s/he had a taste for meade directly from the hives. ;) I'm at a loss, or just blind.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Three of the new appearance set have a Handcrafted tag (Brewcrew Buccaneer Boots, Brewcrew Buccaneer Trousers and Brewcrew Buccaneer Shirt), the other three are Treasured (both hats and the sleeves). I suspect the handcrafted ones should be treasured, since they're not something we can craft. :D
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Keep looking! Wait, isn't the RoI marked on the map? I haven't stopped putting those in for live event quests. It may be small, but it should help.

~ Kaitheel
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Good catches! I've submitted the following changes*:
    • Pressed into the Brewcrew - Brewcrew Buccaneers no longer appear to drop from the sky upon quest acceptance.
    • Brewcrew Buccaneer Trousers, Boots, and Shirt are now all properly marked Treasured.
    * I don't know when these changes will be made available on Test, but they are coming.

Let me know what else you find!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Oooh, now I see it, but I had to really look. Folks who aren't high enough level to have quested (65+ adventuring or crafting) to unlock the sokokar posts are in for a long swim. :O
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Glad to hear it! Yeah, it'll be a swim, but it's safe.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

10. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Can you confirm the dates, " 03/03/2017 at 12:01am PST through 03/17/2017 at 11:59pm PST" - I ask as these were the same days as last year and this means the event starts on Friday and runs through a Friday. Typically, they are Thursday to a Thursday - if that makes sense. Thank you!
  11. Kaitheel Developer

Dates are accurate. I had thought it best to celebrate Brewday on St. Patrick's Day. The Spring is packed with live events!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kasa Well-Known Member

While running the quest Pressed into the Brewcrew in a group of two I am getting stuck on the updates for Stormcoat and Jyndeth, they are not clickable. I have run the quest six times with groups of two all level 100's and have encounted the problem twice. To fix the problem I deleted the quest and got it again, I was then able to complete the quest. Also solo players are having the same problem.
  13. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Thank you, Kaitheel! Much appreciated.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep! :D

And thanks too to Denmum, for showing us how awesome the new stuff is before we even get there! :)

Uwk
    Kaitheel and Niami DenMother like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG?: Trying to get out of the Bar of Brell with an Evil character, only found two out of the three possible exits: The Commonlands (Freeport) and Timorous Deep. Wasn't there supposed to be one in Neriak, or at least outside between there and Hate's Envy if Herself doesn't want such a disorderly holiday anywhere in her caverns? :-/

Uwk
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Very odd. I suspect it is task related. (Task = waking up, saying something, running away, then despawning.) Did you wait for more than 10 seconds between attempts to click on Stormcoat or Jyndeth? Were they standing around, or lying on the ground?

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Not a bug. There is no entry to the Bar of Brell from Darklight Woods. When/If an entrance is ever implemented there, the door will then have that location added as a choice.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I know one of the folks who did NOT post here, Morshel, put in a /bug. The comments in chat indicated that a) there was someone else in the zone but didn't specify if he'd been recently clicked), b) that they tried clicking, jumping up and down on him, clicking some more, etc. I'll try to catch Morshel and ask if they can post more details here.
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

This is more of a request that covers all of the holidays. I'd really like for them to run for longer periods of time.
    If Frostfell could run for a month and a half and include 6 weekends (because it has time intensive real life holidays that interfere with our game time) and the rest of them run a month each and include 4 weekends, it would give busy people more weekends to participate. I enjoy the events and would love more time to complete the quests and gather the resources.

Erollisi Day could be all of Feb (and maybe a bit more to get 4 full weekends in)
    Brewday - all of March
    Bristlebane day - all of April
    Tinkerfest - all of July
    Nights of the Dead - October and part of November
    Frostfell - last week of November, all of December, first week (or two) of January.

I'm not sure how long for the other events, but longer is always better for me.

I know this might not be a viable request but I'd really like more weekends for these things. Some of us really don't have a lot of time during the weeks to do things. I'd love more time to enjoy the great events you design. :)
    Alyndrys, Kethryl, Prissetta and 2 others like this.
  20. Kasa Well-Known Member

They didnt, wake up, say anything, do anything but lay on the ground. I could target them but no response to clicking. Waited around for 10 minuets. Tried logging in and out, zoning and that didn't help.