Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That would be pretty doable.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen an ogre squee? It's not pretty. :D

That would be *awesome*. I'd even be willing to buy it as a separate "flying" mount (a Magiccask Fly-Pack) so it avoids the awkward question of "why does that mount get to be a flying appearance while others can't/don't?". <grin>
    Prissetta and HaphazardAllure like this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

yup!
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

We'll say 2 ogres squeeing ;) because the jumppack is what my she-ogre uses sometimes when flying isn't a requirement just because it's so awesome.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Well doable for me... You have to convince a designer a flying smoking barrel is a good idea!
    Prissetta, Finora and Luciar like this.
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Hmmm....let's see. Arguments for a Magiccask Fly-Pack:
    • We already have C.R.A.S.H. Pads flying about, so the precedent is there for Gnomish technology in the skies.
    • Environmentally, that "smoke" could be water or some other non-toxic vapor, so we aren't hurting the Norrathian skies or ozone layer with the Fly-Pack (not to mention less messy than the er, "output" from the flying animal mounts that can be a major hazard to those below).
    • Appearance-wise, they would be less intrusive than some of the current mounts, so we could be more considerate citizens by not having giant wings flapping in people's faces and blowing smaller races into the next zone.
    • Statistically, there are no incidents of a Magiccask Jump-Pack exploding or causing harm to any citizen of Norrath (helping gnomes with their rocket packs in Drednever notwithstanding...Fizzwoddle is a known hazard and has no input into the design of the Magiccask line of mounts).
    Plus, how cool does this look?? Now imagine it zooming through the air with the greatest of ease. It's a wyvern! It's a Fitzpitzle Hover Platform! No, it's SUPER-SHMOGRE!!!!

[IMG]
    Katz, Finora, rutro and 2 others like this.
  7. Sinhika Well-Known Member

As I said in my original comment:

- a flying squirrel glider mount (might be too much like the sugar glider mounts, though. Most people think they are squirrels anyway)

The "dark glider" mount is a giant sugar glider with fangs, not a flying squirrel, though it is given squirrel animations (playing with an acorn). Maybe it's really some kind of unholy hybrid of sugar glider, flying squirrel, and musk deer? (for the fangs and size).
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It still tastes like chicken.
    Kittybock, rutro and Shmogre like this.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Actually, it tastes like Tasty Wheat, but the machines can't figure that our....so it all tastes like chicken.
    Zeddicious, Raff and Luciar like this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

Kitty...if there is no spoon? How are you gonna eat your chicken flavored Tasty Wheat?
    Kittybock and ttobey like this.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Makes me sad nobody has tried to start a new mount thread yet.
  12. Tupperbeast Active Member

we all know you like Ducks.

but this one is better :
    [IMG]
    ttobey likes this.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Hamster mounts, ftw. ;)
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

This has been going on for a while, but I never remember to post about it.

Has anyone else noticed the rocks flickering in and out of existence in Fens of Nathsar in the area around the ice sheet? Specifically when you go out towards the edge of the zone past the sokokar post then turn around and walk back towards the sokokar post.

*I notice this when I have a character out there doing the fishing daily for Bathezid's Watch.
  15. Andarta Member

Would it be possible to get a DBG market item like the luxurious fur cloak that is just the fur ruff/collar part without the hanging cloak part? I prefer playing ratongas and their tails tend to clip cloaks in various situations (plus cover up the fantastic animation of their tails in the rest. ;) ), but the collar would look really cool as an appearance item on it's own. I noticed that the hunter that stands beside Grim Stormshield in Jarsath Wastes has a different color of basically this idea, so I figure it should be doable if ya'll are inclined. :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what do you mean nobody started a new mount post , this is it feels good to get going at it again
    What was that on the last one I remember a rocked fueled tomato?
    Anyway I love this posts because I got to talk with this handsome Rattonga man
    ( winks at Ttobey );)
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

New mount idea...

It's like santas sleigh, but instead of reindeer, we enslave the inferior froglock race! Genius!
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Unforunately there's nothing inferior about Frogloks. It would have to be a string of dippy dark elves or fae.
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

There are no brooms in Norrath.
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Apart from the one used to sweep harsh criticism under the flying carpet :D