Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Working as intended.
    Kittybock and Shmogre like this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I would *rock* the Barbie-pink cube. I guarantee it would be the wrong shade of pink for someone and you'd hear about it for years, though. ;)
    Prissetta and ttobey like this.
  3. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

My Erudite is disconnected at the waist... magic??
    [IMG]
  4. Serein Emberstorm New Member

I miss mount quests. The komodo mount tradeskill is one of my favourite mount storylines. Now you just get a mount in the end of the timeline. Maybe that was always the case, but at least you had some lore as well, which made the mounts part of the story, not just a random gear bonus. The new Arcanna Se bird is probably my favourite flying mount, but some lore would have been amazing. I would very much like to see a dedicated mount quest in the game. Some conservation work, some taming and caring for it when it's little. It is hard to make an original mount quest, but its better to have a predictable one than none at all :/ *puppy eyes
    Prissetta and ttobey like this.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

But that has nothing to do with "looks and feel". Try complaining to the guys that make quests.

Well, I suppose Ttoby could do something about it, but that would be one hell of a complicated animation.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I can't.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

But i thought you were the head PvP coder
    Dude and ttobey like this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Wow this thread is almost sixty five pages long! And to think this all started because of a duck!
    Errrorr, Katz and Prissetta like this.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Maybe this started post duck. I can't remember. Did rabbits or ducks go first?
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

Actually there already is another mount questline where you have to nurture a baby griffon, train it, feed it and find it hehe. It is the Flying mount questline in Great Divide. I did that on all my characters despite getting the Icewind Pegasus Mount with the C.E..
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Serein Emberstorm New Member

It has everything to do with "Look and feel", at least to me. It is a role playing game and for me the feel is related to the look and the lore equally.

It wasn't a complaint, but rather a leisurely sigh :p

As for mount ideas, I have always wanted to see a dragon with a long snake-like body like the ones from the Avatar series. I really like this dragon look, but it seems very different than all the other wing flapping flyers in EQ2.

[IMG]
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Rabbits first, then ducks. I think this post happened after ducks, but ducks were previously in the Look and Feel section.

So by this logic, we are due something duck related soon again
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We have a roasted Christmas Story Duck ready to go.
    Prissetta and Kittybock like this.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

hahah, edited my post as some may take it wrong. Love that movie!
    ttobey likes this.
  15. Gneaux Active Member

This is sounding more like a "Looney Toons" game then EQ2.

"Wabbit season,, no its DUCK season,,, wabbit season ,, DUCK season"
    Edelphia likes this.
  16. Sinhika Well-Known Member

I'd like more glider mounts. Right now, the only options are re-colors of the wind komodo, or the two giant sugar gliders. My spouse and I like glider mounts, a lot. We wish fliers worked like gliders, with the option of flapping their wings to gain altitude, but otherwise gliding.

Some ideas:

- some of the drake/dragon mounts could be gliders instead of fliers.
    - some pterandon-type mounts could be gliders instead of fliers.
    - flying mounts could be gliding mounts for under-level/unqualified owners, the way the 12th anniversary mounts on Stormhold are leapers instead of flyers (no flight on Stormhold yet). Or, even, have an option to switch your flying mount to a glider, like you can switch mounts to a house item.
    - a glider mount based on the Draco flying lizard.
    - a flying squirrel glider mount (might be too much like the sugar glider mounts, though. Most people think they are squirrels anyway)
    - a tinkered glider (literally!) mount, based on early gliders, like Lillenthal's gliders and the early Wright gliders.
    - if they can't already, give Fae/Arasai/Aerakyn true gliding at level 65+, instead of that extended featherfall they get.
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I can't stand gliders, but wish they could be used as appearance over flying mounts because some of them are pretty cool.
    Shmogre likes this.
  18. Meirril Well-Known Member

The squirrel mount on the market *is* a glider mount. It comes in several colors much like the other mounts but all of the squirrels are based off the same model.

Personally I hate gliding, which is too bad because I love the Squirrel mount. It has several idle animations which makes it my favorite mount in the game. If it was a true flying mount or a leaper I'd use it more often. If the leapers could have duel modes to switch between gliding and either flight or leaping that would be very welcome indeed.

Though that has nothing to do with look and feel, animation, or art. <.<
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

I really wish we could use gliders as appearance for leapers and fliers. The only real difference in function is the amount of time they stay in the air.
    I have one of the Bristlebane lizard things that I absolutely love on one of my characters, but it rarely sees any use because it's a stupid glider and I hate gliding.
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  20. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Oh man, I really, really want to be able to use my Magiccask Jump-Pack as a flying appearance. I love that thing, and it rarely gets used.

(Points to the art and animation folks for the awesome Rocketeer/Superman poses that come with the jet pack...I spent a dorky amount of time just jumping around wearing that thing. :D)
    Malleria, Quillyne, Prissetta and 2 others like this.