Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Le sigh... Thank you, Irish. I'll get on this right away.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks - I had not realized that they found more issues with them. I'll update my site post accordingly

Yes, it is now happening on Live. More than one person in the homeshow channel apparently did them out of order and are now bugged. :(
  3. Rosemount New Member

Been away from the game for about 2 years? *shrugs* Fiance and I are looking to play again. If we both have "free to play" accounts is Frostfell still a thing? Only reason I ask is because I read earlier in this thread about "Live Servers"?! Anywhos... Looking forward to getting back ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Welcome back! Our mention of "live" servers is because this is the Test server forum, and we get the content to test before it goes "live" to the rest of the EQ2 world. It went live to everyone today, and you should be free to romp around at will. :D
  5. Irish Active Member

You can do frostfell with free, not sure about two of the quests though because they go to newer zones,
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Please do! Ostensibly, we shouldn't be able to do anything in the wrong order, if it goes from Quest 1 to Quest 2 to Quest 3 in a rigid path. :-/

Uwk
  7. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Tracking seems bugged with the Frostfell Crafting Stations. Some only track with Track Harvestables, some only with basic tracking, and some don't track at all. Thing is, I remember doing basic tracking with my lower levels when these first started.

Only have done one character so far, so will take notes on which track with which as I go.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That is odd...the way I did it way back when (2013) was generally with Gnomish Divining Rods, since I don't think even Uwk was high enough crafting-level wise to get the Track Harvestables ability yet. :-/

Uwk
    who, unfortunately, has at least one set of FF Stations on all servers (yay!) and can't be of much help :-/
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just out of nosiness, what was the scheduling issue? What would it interfere with being released on the 8th (might not have had still existing bugs...sigh)? I mean, the new expac has already been released to Live, yes? :-/

Uwk
    who still kind of wishes it could've been extended in January, but that would've been even messier...
    Moonpanther likes this.
  10. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

So I won't be able to finish either quest on test? Because neither will complete for me. Thanks for the heads up.
  11. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I'll have to remember to avoid those quests on my newer toons until a fix can be found. Already have two on test that will not be able to complete those quests. :(
  12. Aeriel Active Member

Live to everyone except Thurgadin ~ unless I've been very, very bad indeed and as a result cannot see the magic cabinets to get to Frostfell village this year.... ;)
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Reports on live that ponies are not gathering holiday mats either.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I just talked to my pony and got a bag full (Maj'Dul, 100 Carpenter). Checking my other toons now...

UPDATE: All toons that asked for holiday harvests are bringing them back properly. (A bit of data in case it matters: all of them traded in their goblin for the plant.)
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Just sent all my ponies out to check. Only one of the toons has given up her goblin, so will check that theory also.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Shmogre like this.
  16. Silkmyst Active Member

I spy! The art for the new mint dishes! If run the patcher (even though you can't log into game):
    Latest news: Frostfell fun awaits!
    Click on that and scroll down to a group photo of new items, there they are and CUTE :)
    Silk:D
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We don't get it there until 9pm PST tonight, hopefully. :-/

Uwk
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Wow, I don't know why that bug was evading me so. Chasing it around like some pesky squirrel! (How's that for some mixed metaphor fun?) Anyway, the good news is that not only did I successfully find and solve the continuing issue of getting "Tis the Season" and "Gift Giving" prematurely, but I also made it so that anyone who was stuck on the last step of "O Frostfell Tree" will be able to finish it. The bad news is that I don't know when the fixes will be on Test or live servers.

Be on the lookout for the following changes, listed in the update notes:
    • O Frostfell Tree - Jarith Icewing will now recognize your work in this quest, even if you have completed "Tis the Season" or "Gift Giving", previously.
    • Tis the Season - Jarith Icewing should now only offer quest to those who have completed "O Frostfell Tree" during this holiday season.
    ~ Kaitheel
  19. Irish Active Member

Thanks Kaitheel appreciate it.:)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Ok, just emptied my pack ponies, granted it was after our down time, but all of them had holiday mats on them, including my main who has given up her goblin. Not sure if that was in the fix or not, just thought I'd post what I had. Oh this was an issue on live before the down time....I'll check with those folks and see if it's been resolved for them.