Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Thanks, remember reading about the teacups and such, must have missed the other lol. No one else in the test guild knew anything. Thanks. *cleans glasses* lol
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI, when I looked at it last, the in-game calendar had not been updated.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Wow! Yeah, you should not have been offered "O frostfell Tree" without having repeated "Deepice Dreams" or "Special Delivery."

I've just submitted the following change:
    • O frostfell Tree - Sira Cogtree should now only offer quest to those who have completed "Deepice Dreams" and "Special Delivery" during this holiday season.
    Thank you for alerting us of this issue, Moonpanther! I'm glad it was caught before it went live. It'll stop many others from encountering the same issue you did.
    ~ Kaitheel
  4. Kaitheel Developer

It will be, with the next update, which is when the event will be activated. (So, it kinda misses the point, I know.)

~ Kaitheel
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yep! Any way it can get out on the official twitter feed or such? So far, this post and my site are the only places mentioning it. (Plus the antonia_bayle.homeshow community) I've also alerted Feldon of eq2wire.

It may seem like a small thing, but I know some folks REALLY like to be prepared by camping alts next to the cabinet spawn point, etc. :)

Regardless, thanks for all your tlc for this event, and all the others you've done for us! <3
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

This is true! That's where I'll be leaving my horde, ready to hop in tomorrow and collect some gifties., with my pony army ready to harvest lol.

Thank you Kaitheel!

And another thank you to the folks who actually found bugs this time around!
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you for helping get the word out! I've asked if a tweet can be sent, but I've also edited the live in-game calendar. This isn't a guaranteed change though, as it will revert to the previous saved data if the server crashes or if it is taken off line, for whatever reason.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Did they happen to say when it would be resolved? Test got another patch sometime today, and, while it looked like the whole shebang that live servers get tomorrow, (including ascension email), SOEBuild=13054T still does NOT have the art for the 4 cool mint items we've been waiting to see. If this is the same patch that live gets in a few hours, expect some whimpers - folks have been really antsy to see them (hence why I am posting this late at night). :(

(cool mint sugar plate, cool mint teacup, cool mint teacup set, cool mint teapot)
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Thanks, thought I was going nuts lol. We really appreciate all you do for us. :D
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The calendar got updated on Test; not sure about Live.

And just how big is your Horde, Finora? :)

Uwk
    Khan to my Horde...Ruler of All Under the Open Sky
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I have like 103 characters I follow in EQ2U but some of them belong to my son, daughter & husband. Most of them are mine though lol. So the short answer is too many. Way way too many.
    Little did I know where my "man I wish we could buy character slots" from the early days would land me ;) .
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! I just was ecstatic to be able to get all 9 crafter specialties...I have 76 Gold toons catching the morning light, with a few dozen more on Free to Play... ;->

Uwk
    Finora likes this.
  13. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

14. Irish Active Member

Oh Frostfell tree is still broken cannot complete. Have done all the other quests in Maldura Frostfell series and have redone Deep Ice Dreams and Spexial Delivery first. Please Fix.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, carp...that means they'll be interrupting us to bring it all down for a patch fix. X-P

On the other hand, if they do that from 6-8 am PST (as opposed to 7-9), then we won't miss out on anything, since it started at 8 am today. Will still be good for alt schedules. :)

Uwk
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Confirmed live bugs - the 4 cool mint items still did not get their art. The fix for O Frostfell Tree did not go in either and reports are trickling in that folks have bugged themselves by doing stuff out of order. The in-game calendar reverted back to the wrong start date again, too.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Quillyne like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea I saw on Stormhold that we still have the cups and the teapot missing
    Or maybe those are goblin dishes and that's why they are invisible.
    and maybe the calendar went back to the original date because by than all will be fixed.
    But otherwise I am having fun harvesting everything the old fashioned way on Stormhold.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

Yes, art found more issues with the tea set (plates, cups, cup stack, and pot). It will take an art update. It has been explained to me that art updates are handled differently than design updates, and are more complicated. We hope to have one by this weekend.

O Frostfell Tree - Do you mean this is now happening on live?

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

If you completed "Deepice Dreams" before completing "O Frostfell Tree" on Test, that will not be fixed. I did not make an exception to handle that error, the change I made was to fix what caused the issue.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Irish Active Member

Yes o frostfell tree is bugged for me on live. I can't get the npc's to speak to me after placing tree. Have done all the quests before and after.Then it looks like your fix never made it to live. So is there anyway we can complete this on live now.