Nights of the Dead 2016 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Laaw Well-Known Member

it's been several years since I've run this event but it sounds like it's time to do it again :)
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Well, there are a few new quests for you, then, as well as new collections and so on. :)

There's a quest tracker .xlsx sort of worksheet you can access by, I think, getting to Denmum's page from her write-up on it (brief pause whilst I adjust my accoutrements--er, find the link)...

Ah, here we go:

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q211&menustr=080000000000

The tall, skinny entry lines in the .xlsx spreadsheet columns are for your characters' names. I always have to give myself editing rights for these to add more columns, since I have more than 7 total toons... :oops:

Uwk
  3. Chrissdae Active Member

Bug found! I just looted a "red licorice" on Nektulos Beach, and the picture is a strawberry! The description says a roll of chewy candy flavored with fruit extracts instead of licorice root,
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Someone was asking about NOTD windows and it crossed my mind that I don't think we have a NOTD globe. Are those available for NOTD?

\aITEM 1186530404 -1032335375:Jester's Oversized Confetti-Globe\/a
    Belenos, Kasa, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  5. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Good point! I love the holiday globes that we've been getting. :)
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Unfortunately, no. Hopefully, next year!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

I've been running around today and I have to say thank you for the increased number of shinies!
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Could be indicating it's strawberry-flavored? /shrug

Not all the oft-reused icons make sense... :-/

Uwk
    who's run across more instances of reusing than I care to count... ;->
    Mizgamer62 and Kaitheel like this.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

I think the windows/globes started with Frostfell last year and got every holiday but NotD.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

You are correct, they started with Frostfell. But we didn't get an Erollisi Day globe that matched the windows, either. I'll have to mark that down for this next year!

~ Kaitheel
    Kasa, Finora, Katz and 4 others like this.
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

*tinkers a doppleganger to hold place in line*

I'm a huge fan of the windows and globes.
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

the bristleban day globe is sooooo beautiful!!!
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

O my goodness :eek:
    I was so busy playing on the event server I almost missed testing "Night of the Dead".
    :( I also wanted to upgrade one of my toons to a heroic but forgot
    I should join the guild " The worst idea ever "
    I am really happy we get a full holyday event this time for Stormhold :D.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the Powers were surprised at how popular they are! Definitely a big hit. :)

Uwk
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Samplesize Member

Urgent note on Pumpkin Bombs!! Eeek...trouble coming I feel it! Since we can no longer use our Mercenaries to "throw" a Pumpkin Bomb at it, I tried (as a Wizard) My Familiar (Cat) and Nothing at all happened. It spent the Bomb..but No adorable little pumpkins on the ground. At my Animated Tome, same. Spent the Bomb..no Pumpkins. At my Merc for giggles..and I got the Message "You cannot Smash Your Own Pumpkins", but adorable little pumpkin all over the ground in a neat circle. Cannot pick them up(. So, we're left with this problem....

1. It's sad to say that not all people in game are innately honest and a passerby may start picking up your hard won pumpkins.

2. Not everyone has a friend in game, or someone that will stand there until you get the achievement and/or that adorable little tree.

3. We also realize the F2P people cannot get a Mercenary without paying for it...thus the Mercenary as the target for the Bomb is a mute Point.

So how do we resolve this quandry please? Whom do we use as a target. On live servers, and with a few days left to resolve the problem. Can you help us out here? Bought my Pumpkin Bombs and am "Bombing Out" hehe
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I vote we should be able to chuck them at NPCs. :-/

Uwk
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. daicia Well-Known Member

Alrighty, I think I have the event info updated on the wiki. If anyone wants to be a second set of eyeballs to look for errors, please do. I started working on it at Stupid O'clock in the morning, so it likely has errors hehe.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Mostly just typos and things; nothing that can't be found by you (after a day or two of NOT staring at it! ;->), nothing too major that I can see. ;)

Uwk
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Barring being able to chuck them at NPCs (still preferable), can we do like what we can for the stupid rose hand out thing at Erollisi Day, where we can give all 8 roses to one player? ;->

Uwk
    daicia and Mizgamer62 like this.
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

A couple of notes.

All-access players can't get mercenaries without paying for them either. Either you pay your 1500 DBC (or whatever it is) on the marketplace to unlock mercenaries or you paid for the featurepack/Age of Discovery in the past. There is no difference in how mercs work for F2P and all-access.

Anyone can make a second f2p account, roll up a character & toss pumpkins at them so having friends is not actually a necessity either, though it's nice hehe.

I can't say anything about passersby picking up pumpkins, other than if you really want a private pumpkin party, you might want to find a secluded place. It would be nice if there were some way for the devs to make it so you had to be part of the group/raid that tossed the pumpkins to pick them up though.