Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Suzeta Member

Just ran thru all Tinkerfest Quest, made bunch of the new recipes-- all seems working as intended-- drop rate on shinys need some work-- too many fireworks, not enough of new collection, but otherwise.. was fun- thanks again! :)
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

New recipes! That's the best part! :D

If I miss getting anything else for all my toons (and I gotta say, Kaitheel, as pricey as the new Jet-Pack leaper mount was [had to re-collect all those shinies again], that's as fun as hell and worth it! ;->), THAT'S what I want to make sure they all have: all the recipe books. Even if they can't Scribe them yet, at least they'll have them for when they finally get their Tinkering up far enough. :)

Uwk
  3. Mophia Active Member

Getting to Kelethin from Gnomeland is easy, even for a level 5.

Climb down wall, take transport to the G Fay entrance. Run through tunnel, take mount at other side to Kelethin.

As I said very easy. I alternate GH Call, and runs to G Fay, when I'm doing the Geargobbler quest.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Easy, yeah, but tedious. :-/

Uwk
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Uwk you can always grab the teleportation stones on Mara that pull you from anywhere to Gnomeland without any hassle. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

REALLY!!? WHERE?? Never heard of them before! Tell! :D

Though, actually, it's easy to get to GLS, at least during the event; it's tougher getting anywhere from there with any sort of speed... :-/

Uwk
    Avahlynn likes this.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

So on Mara, go to the two story building near the docks. It has a bar and some NPCs inside. One of them sells these blue orbs, you can buy one or go wild and buy a stack of twenty, whatever you like. They direct port you to the four hourly Far Seas Trading Company quest areas, one of which is right in the middle of GLS. You can also buy return stones to Mara and all of them work all over Norrath. Having a few of each in my bag is awesome for back and forth stuff when guild call or call to home isn't ready.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! :D

Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Avahlynn likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

::smacking forehead:: D'oh! Now I know what I want for next Tinkerfest: the collection parts for the initial Tinkerfest collection in New Halas somewhere, somehow. There's a tiny bit in Kelethin, and bigger areas in Qeynos and Gorowyn, but nothing in New Halas? :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

You'll want to look again. They're there, along with celebrators and the Unstable Tinkerfest Portal.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really? In the same area? All I've seen in New Halas/Frostfang Sea on that one platform are the golden Cogs to collect, the Portal, and the celebrators. :-/

Usually, if there's a ton of people gathering stuff in one area, things pop up more frequently (but not always frequently enough to keep up with the humans! :D), including the purple glowies, and there's always a nice bunch of "grapes" with the question marks lying around if there hasn't been someone in an area for awhile, but I haven't seen them in New Halas. :-/

Uwk
    who's probably going blind...or at least color blind :-/
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Oh! No, it's not you, Uwk. I was thinking of the cog harvests, not the Tinkered Parts collection. You are right. New Halas doesn't have them. And it's been this way since 2010! Oi.

That'll be on the list for next year. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Kaitheel I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed Tinkerfest this year. I love the new rewards and recipes and especially the backpack! Thank you! /Hugs:)
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thank you! :D

Nice to know I wasn't going blind and/or crazy...and yes, thanks for all you do for all the holiday events! :)

Uwk
    Prissetta, Kaitheel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Speaking of other holidays you help us out with (thanks! :D), waaay in advance...

Will the cool Frostfell quest that allowed anyone of any level to get enough faction with Maldura (that they won't kill us on sight) be available again this year? I do have baby toons to think about, you know, that weren't here for last Frostfell... ;->

Uwk
  16. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I just wanted to thank you Kaitheel for another holiday well done, well realized, and well thought out. You do such an amazing job as the voice and face of all things Norrathian Holidaying, and I have been 110% impressed by your kindness, enthusiastic approach, and wonderful sense of humor. You are a real credit to gaming, and DB is dang lucky to have you. I adore holidays here and look forward to each and every one. They are consistently top notch. *Applauds*

Avahlynn
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Good question. I don't see why not. That whole quest line was designed to be repeatable each year.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Excellent! :D

And yeah, I completely agree with Avahlynn. :):cool:

Uwk
    Avahlynn and Prissetta like this.