Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Go back to Steamfont if you only found 4 there. There are 5 in gnomeland, 4 in Qeynos/Freeport.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Yes, indeedy! Good catch though, just in case.

~ Kaitheel
  3. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Love the new mounts! but... I can't deny that I'm quite disappointed that they are leaper mounts.... With the mount progression broken with the introduction of level 35 flying mounts, and the majority of players not using other mounts once they get flying, these seem somewhat obsolete.

Now, if we were still in the days when level 85 was required to fly, I wouldn't mind so much. I'm sure it's too late now to change anything, but my excitement for new tinkerfest mounts is much deflated.
  4. Lera Well-Known Member

Do the jump packs turn into furniture like other mounts?
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

No, like other back-appearance mounts (wings, kajiggers, etc), there is no furniture version.
  6. Lera Well-Known Member

Didn't think so. :( But at least this means I don't have to add the Platinum Tinkerfest Cog to EQ2Furniture (yet).
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hey, Kaitheel, just a thought; had you considered making the new collection bits a different glow color, like red or green or something? I mean, if they're not going to even show up until after you finish the first collection, it would eliminate a lot of "duplicate gathering" by experienced folks mostly interested in getting the new parts, who wind up with several dozen old parts and probably not nearly as many alts as I have to distribute them amongst. ;->

Uwk
    who also has personal bags full of fireworks, but that's a different story... ;->
    Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, if we're going to be getting that many fireworks while looking for the new collection bits could we at least maybe get a stack size increase on them instead of filling up all of our bags?
  9. Test Taffies Active Member

Ok little alt turned 30 tradeskiller (25 Coercer) and the new mount is unusable. I zoned after turning 30 so it should function??
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, gods, yes...something like 200 or so. :-/

Uwk
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Unless something changed since the last time I checked, charged items cannot stack. They'd either need to be changed to single-charge stackable items or just have the frequency of them lowered on those shiny spawns. Sadly, neither is likely at this time with the event going live in a couple days.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

DenMother is correct. It is hard coded for charged items. They can't stack.

~ Kaitheel
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  13. Sinhika Well-Known Member

- TLE: Stormhold
    Is it possible to start putting the tradeskill recipe books from festivals on the festival merchant we get on Stormhold? I am sad that my Stormhold carpenter can't make any Frostfell, Brell, Erollsi, or Bristlebane items. Will my tinker be able to make Tinkerfest items?
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

:( But thanks for confirming both Mom and Kaitheel.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, at least we can flood the Broker with them. :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Feedback Brainstorm: I know it's entirely too late for this year, but for next year, could we PLEASE have some sort of item, even if it's charged, or temporary, or something we can only get by jumping through 87 quest hoops, ideally have some recipe for in the blueprints, something, some sort of thing that would enable us to somehow link the Tinkerfest portals? Going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth for the Legend of the Geargobbler, for instance, is a major drag; if we could just go from Gnomeland Security back to the Moors of Ykesha Tinkerfest portal in one step, that would be ideal. :)

It wouldn't even have to do anything any other time of the year; it would just work during Tinkerfest, and only between the portals.

Uwk
    Katz and Prissetta like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And next time, could we PLEASE swap out the rate of appearance of the new collection pieces with the fireworks? Not that the fireworks aren't swell, but at least extra collection pieces can be placed into Collection Depots. :(

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Flying isn't entirely broken just because of one flyer type, and my main Tinkerer toon is absolutely ADORING his new leaper mount toy. ;->

It actually is pretty cool in its detail; the jets continue on for a tiny bit after you land, then conk out. You'll still literally burn your legs off with it, but that's pretty much par for the course with most jet-packs. ;->

Uwk
  19. Xariama_AB Member

My major disappointment is that the platinum coin from the collection (seriously?) is good for exactly two items, neither of which I care about. So it's completely useless to me. Also, no new quests? Come on, guys, you're really getting lazy with this stuff now.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They've lost a lot of staff with the buyout/selling of SOE to Nova, where SOE became DBG; I can't imagine they're hiring a lot of folks again any time soon. :-/

And what else can they do with Tinkerfest? Have they had new quests every single year? A lot of the surrounding area is mid-level, which is great if the only people playing the game are all 90+, but that's not the case, and since we don't have a good quick way (nudge!) to get from Gnomeland Security to the other celebration areas (other than Call to Guild Hall and Call to Home, both of which take a bit of time to recover, and trying to get to the Greater Fay/Butcherblock Mountains area in one piece if one isn't 90+ can be exciting), any additional quests outside the Steamfont Mountains zone could be really tedious, depending. :-/

Uwk
    who actually likes the bit in The Legend of the Geargobbler quest where you go into the "factory" or "computer system" and come right back out again, eventually, where you started in Gnomeland Security...other than the IC security bots within, which can be at least very time-consuming if you're not level 30 (Chameleon totems), a Scout (Stealth comes with the job), or have the Gnomish Smoke Screen item (thank goodness for that last item, or no one under 30 who isn't a Scout would be able to do that part of the quest) :-/
    Prissetta likes this.