RoK Items That Need Attention - Beta.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Kander, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arandar Well-Known Member

Awesome. Thanks for making sure the beta server keeps in sync with the changes, I think it'll make it a lot easier for us to help you guys. I know there's still work to be done, but personally I'm getting pretty jazzed about RoK.
  2. Haskar Active Member

Right. I changed the discovery dates in my Census-query to find more fabled Monk weapons between lvl 70 and 80.

Probably ... I honestly don't know since I am just checking Census.
    But still, 5 usable Weapons for Monks or Bruisers in that levelrange is not enough. Pls put Blockchance on more weapons. See this link for a more comprehensive list.
  3. Arandar Well-Known Member

I think this is supposed to be a quest reward in Kunzar for "Restock the Wheel":

[IMG]
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

Mastercrafted vs. Treasured seems to be off somewhat as well:

[IMG]

For some reason, a +WIS crafted items seem to have Max Health and Accuracy as blue stats. And clearly the green stats for the mastercrafted are inferior. Jewelry seems to be a bit better:

[IMG]

However, again we have +WIS items with Max Health and Accuracy, when I would expect to see something more like the Treasured piece with casting speed and abmod.
  5. Arandar Well-Known Member

It looks like the "automatically generated" loot that drops from overland mobs was completely missed:

[IMG]
  6. Arandar Well-Known Member

The quest rewards for An Ugly Bounty (the end of the "A Fistful of Metal" quest chain) don't look right. The resists are off on pieces that should have them, potency and ability modifier are inconsistent, as are the green stats.

I'd think they should all have at least +61 sta and +57 of the other stats, with +1,716 to all resists. The +250 ability mod looks low as well, given that there are lower level treasured pieces that have the same amount. Lastly, aside from the signet that has +max health, the blue stats are all the same. Might want to mix those up a bit and actually give people a choice. One piece with casting speed, another with multi-attack, etc.

[IMG]
  7. Sythrak New Member

This might be semi related but are the stats on the Race to Trak TLE vendor awards final? For instance the gold coin mount is a ton of effort for whats basically an appearance slot item given the near non existent stats on it.
  8. Arandar Well-Known Member

The reward for the "Killing in the Name" quest (killing Xalgoz in Karnor's Castle) is not in line with item progression. The reward is the "Earring of Legend":

[IMG]

The base stats are too low for a level 76 Fabled item, as are the DPS, Potency and Ability Modifier. The only thing that looks to be somewhat in-line are the resists, but compared to the other lower-tier and lower-level earrings shown, even those are probably too low.
  9. Arandar Well-Known Member

Collection rewards have been completely missed. These are the rewards from the "Yeti Fur" collection:

[IMG]

Whatever tool or script you're using to update items, apparently it doesn't know how to deal with collection reward items, since they've been outdated or broken since KoS. It would be nice if the collection rewards in RoK were actually relevant.
  10. Arandar Well-Known Member

Itemization was never, ever that clean. I can distinctly remember raiders complaining / commenting about treasured quest items from the NPCs at Dregs Landing being better than some of their raid gear, back in 2007. As far as I can tell, the amount of time it would take to get any particular item was never a factor for them in terms of how subsequent content was itemized. Mostly it seemed to be designed around the idea of how to get players who hadn't done all of the previous content "up to speed" so they could progress through the new content.

Regardless of how they want to handle it, the items I'm posting are clearly out of the "norm" based on similar items that are at or below their level / tier. The way they choose to bring them in-line and normalize them is completely up to them, of course.
  11. Kander Developer

We wont be touching these.
  12. Kander Developer

We are taking a look at quest rewards and collection rewards today.
  13. Arandar Well-Known Member

I guess that's fine, they'll be left as transmute fodder. You might want to make a note of that to people so that they don't think it's supposed to be "real" gear that's bugged out though.
  14. Seifer of Aftermath Member

So what you are saying is that there is no point in raiding in RoK and that the best gear will be from killing solo and heroic mobs? When loot that kurzan linked that was treasured and had better stats than raid gear, and you come out and say that nothing is going to change that is not good.

Treasured gear should never have 3 blue stats on them to begin with, they should only have 2.
    There should also be a potency increase based on gear level and quality. There is no reason that solo and heroic gear should have the same blue stats and potency as raid gear much less they have more than everything except vp gear.
  15. Kander Developer

We wont be touching the randomly generated treasured Kunark junk loot that he was inquiring about. In fact we are removing it. Everything else is being adjusted.
    Kurzan and Kittybock like this.
  16. Seifer of Aftermath Member

Lol Thanks for the clarification =P
  17. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Darn, I always liked using them as appearance gear. If I recall though, most of the dropped newbie gear in TD was of the "Dinglefloof's Boots of the Herpaderp" variety.
    Kurzan likes this.
  18. Arandar Well-Known Member

Some guildmates and I spent some time in Karnor's Castle and found some issues you might want to take a look at.

As discussed before, it looks like brawler weapons need block added to them. Here's an example of one that dropped off Rainbrittle:

[IMG]

There's also some gear that has 0.1% doublecast on it. That value is extremely low, is this something that is indended? For example, this is from Hattmantan:

[IMG]
  19. Arandar Well-Known Member

It looks like legendary items that drop in Karnor's Castle ornate chests from non-named have not had their green stats updated:

[IMG][IMG]
  20. Arandar Well-Known Member

There also seems to be a progression issue with certain quest rewards. As an example, the treasured item is from the "My Enemy's Enemy" solo quest, one that you get fairly early at Dreg's Landing. The fabled is a reward from the heroic quest "Drolvarg Observation" that has you catalog various mobs inside Karnor's Castle.

[IMG]

While it's not a complex quest, and clearly this is intended to be lower-tier fabled, it seems wrong to have a treasured and fabled item with virtually identical stats.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.