May 2016 Producer’s Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Happy Springtime, Norrathians!

Time is zipping by as usual! I wanted to drop in and let you know what we’ve been up to.

As you continue with the Terrors of Thalumbra expansion and take part in GU100, the team has been toiling away on future plans. And what are those? Well….

By the end of June we are going to introduce two new servers! We wanted to hear what kind of servers the community wanted so we recently ran an in-game survey. Given the results, we decided to launch two servers, each with different rules. There will be details coming soon, but here’s the summary:

Isle of Refuge Server:

We call this a “Free Trade” server. Here’s some of the nitty gritty:
    • Most items tagged as “Heirloom” can be traded freely between players. Only Heirloom items purchased via a merchant, marketplace, or granted from repeatable quests remain Heirloom.
    • This is a live server with current features, zones, and advancement.
    • There will be limited account bonuses and claims.
    • Character transfers TO Isle of Refuge will not be available for the launch of this server.
    • Characters transfers FROM Isle of Refuge will not be available. There are no plans to allow transfers off of a Free Trade server.
    Event Server: Race to Trakanon:

Self-explanatory, right? The purpose of this limited-time Event server is to see what you’re made of when it comes to a challenge! For this Event server, you will race to kill Trakanon and complete other objectives like the most quests or named encounters – something for everyone! Once the primary goal of an Event server has been completed, like killing Trakanon, the server restarts again with a NEW event! Here’s the overview:
    • Event servers will reward prizes for completing event achievements that can be claimed on any character on the account.
    • The Event Server: Race to Trakanon will end shortly after Trakanon is slain! The server will restart shortly after with a new event. Details on this coming soon.
    • There will be limited account bonuses and claims.
    • There will be a limited marketplace.

Like Stormhold, our Time-Locked Expansion server, these special servers will require membership in order to access them.

And there’s more!

We’ve got Memorial Day coming up this weekend with special promotions planned, so stay tuned! We’ll be sharing the details as we inch closer.

Also, in early June, we will release a new option for your guilds to purchase a guild hall from a selection on our marketplace using a new item we’re calling Guild Tickets. With this system, every member in a guild will be able to contribute to purchasing these new guild halls. To kick off this new feature, we are releasing two NEW guild halls for purchase: Skyshrine Capital Guild Hall and the Highhold Guild Hall. Keep an eye out for a post from Kander on the details of this new option for guilds!

What else is coming as we skip from spring to summer? We’ve got Fabled Fallen Dynasty coming in July as well as our first wave of Summer Ethereal drops.

And of course, we are – and have been – working on the next expansion. We want to get a bit further along before we start giving details, but we are endeavoring to deliver more epic adventures! I want to close with a giant thanks to all our intrepid and dedicated players! We are very grateful for all of you!

Sincerely, as always,

Holly “Windstalker” Longdale
  2. Wimble Active Member

Sounds great!
    Tradeserverwoot likes this.
  3. Tradeserverwoot Member

YES, awesome news guys, awesome
  4. Niokissa New Member

These sound really interesting. Will everyone be starting at level 1 and have to level until they can kill Trakanon?
    Siren likes this.
  5. Jeb! New Member

Looking forward to losing 4-5 of our core raiders for 6 months, just like with the time locked servers!!! WOOT
    Bekkr, Zehl_IceFire and Fozziex like this.
  6. TheBmanBeast New Member

If only the new rarities merchant sold gear for all classes and for a decent price. Yes, they added mage items but they're 350 coins, like how is that fair? All the tanky items are under 85 coins. But on the positive side, this is some great news. Looking forward to the next expansion along with the new servers. Thanks Holly for the update!
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Fabled fallen dynasty?

I guess if doing Nizara that's cool, but not a lot else to that really.

Can't really say that is much to look forward to for live servers though. After all the recent merges opening two new servers is baffling to say the least.
  8. SandsMans Active Member

What happened to the talk of more level 100 agnostics?

Or is that feature being scrapped since SoL could never be scaled appropriately for non-level 100 characters?
    Mizgamer62 and Livejazz like this.
  9. Kander Developer

It will be Nizara Heroic and Advanced solo + 3 raids. You don't raid Error?
  10. Shurrikan Member

Just saying, you should have added an "Absolutely NOT" choice when you put the polls out for the 2 new servers. I know way more people who just deleted the email because of the ridiculousness of what you were proposing than who voted.
    suka, Pixistik, Spooned and 16 others like this.
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

great new servers to thin out the population when we just had mergers, really?

lets not forget a 'no' option on a supposed poll.

make up your mind, ether you want a ton of servers with poor population or you want a small number of servers with healthy population. I highly doubt event server will last very long, we'll see about the no heirloom server i suppose.

P.S don't make those kind of polls again, negative responses are part of the polling process when asking if we want/like things, instead we get a poll that basically said you're adding these regardless of whether the community hates it or not and you don't care about how many dislike it.
    Pixistik, Spooned, Siren and 16 others like this.
  12. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Absolutely speechless . . . with disappointment.
    Agree with others - the poll should have included an option for "WTF are you thinking" and adding new servers after all the mergers is just a mind-boggling move.

As for Kandor's reply to Errrorr above ("It will be Nizara Heroic and Advanced solo + 3 raids. You don't raid Error?")
    There are a LOT of people who feel VERY marginalized and some I've known have even left the game over the last several years & expacs for the very reason that we do not raid. There is much more to the game than just the latest content, top level raid grinding, but it seems that the whole focus of the game has been whittled down to that.... It is honestly the main reason I no longer subscribe, although there are others.
  13. duckster Active Member

Isle of Refuge kinda sounds like a rebooted Bazaar server.
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Seems like the whole guild hall thing is a detriment to small guilds. Everyone can already contribute by supplying plat to pay rent, buy guild halls and amenities. And the HighHold hall is already available, but we have to do special things to qualify. Once again locking out the small guilds.
    Sapryze and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Corv Member

Please stop making new servers. How out of touch can you be? No one wants them.
    Bekkr, Zehl_IceFire, suka and 11 others like this.
  16. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Meh.

I don't even like the key quests, so the event server holds no interest for me. And I would prefer to see heirloom items flat out disappear from all the servers.

Summer ethereal ***"wave"****....huh. I suspect not.
    Bekkr, suka, Sapryze and 6 others like this.
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Thank you for the Producer's Letter.
    Looking forward to the nitty gritty information on Memorial Day and the new servers.

:)
    Jaden and Prissetta like this.
  18. Amoon Member

Thank you all for keeping my favorite game ,fun after all these years. To everyone else.. if you love this game like i do help support it by being a member please. this game is what it is because of the members through the years. lets keep that up
    Jaden, Sejreia, Seefar and 1 other person like this.
  19. Vunder Well-Known Member

The most depressing producers letter I have ever read.

Everything is just no.

More ethereals? Like we don't have enough game breaking items now.

Well I've said it before but I think maybe it's getting closer and closer to finding another game.
    Jrel, Sapryze, Gharyn and 7 others like this.
  20. Xynstar New Member

Thanks greatly for the exciting news. Can't wait to see the new additions.
    Cheers!
    Sejreia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.