Mouse Look -- View jumping very quickly

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Jamiss, May 17, 2016.

1. Jamiss Developer

If you are experiencing the issue where you occasionally try to mouselook and the camera moves very quickly from where it was to some position (usually completely underneath your character and spun a bit) you can try setting this in your eq2.ini and restarting the game to see if it alleviates the issue.

Code:
    cl_mouselook_capture_windows_mouse false
    There is a chance that this CAN cause unforeseen issues with your mouse in game. If you notice something wrong with your mousing after testing it, just remove that line from your eq2.ini and restart the game.

Finally, if you have set this and you are still noticing the issue with mouse look, please send me a PM letting me know.
  2. azcn2503 Active Member

I'm very excited to try this! Spaz mouse has been a problem for me since Sentinel's Fate and followed me on to every new machine. I'll be sure to give feedback.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Andrakis Member

This happens to me fairly constantly. I'll give this a try, hopefully it goes away. Thank you!
  4. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I was having this problem in when windows 10 first came out. I right clicked the game and launcher exe files and changed the compatibility mode to run the game in windows 8 and have not had a problem since. I think the issue is a compatibility with the mouse drivers and the game in windows 10.
  5. Cleona New Member

I'm running Windows 7 on a Mac using bootcamp and it's happening so frequently I'm close to giving up the game.
  6. Vippin New Member

FIXED: Ran in Win7 compatibility mode and fixed this mouselook issue for me.
  7. Soreneck Sarnak New Member

The jumpy mouse violent swings viewing happens to me often in Windows 10. I would like to try this fix and see if it helps- but I am not sure where to paste the code. Can someone please tell me specifically where it should go?
  8. Sandcrab New Member

Need a followup on this. Does this actually fix the issue or was this a one-shot, one-player fix?
  9. Ahmassar Active Member

Still having problems with this issue, adding that line to the ini file didn't help.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I added it too, and I'm still having the problem as well. So, not a fix, or at least not a complete fix.
  11. Balcerak Well-Known Member

It seems to have helped mine. But that's just one instance.
  12. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Well, maybe not. It happened once today, but not as often as it has been happening.
  13. Travail Member

Is this a line that needs added to the code or is there a line in the code like this :

cl_mouselook_capture_windows_mouse true

that we need to change to:

cl_mouselook_capture_windows_mouse false

If there is already a line in there that says true and we just add a false line into the code instead of altering the existing code they will just counteract each other and not fix anything, at least that is what my very limited knowledge with code tells me. Either way please let me know cause i am tired of having my screen snap randomly on me in the middle of a fight!

I would look for myself but i am at work and not on my gaming PC.
  14. Ratpack New Member

Thank you! I think the line fixed it for me. :)