GU 100: Treasure Hunts

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Laylaih, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laylaih Communications Coordinator

We’re just around the corner from the launch of the members-only content for GU 100 on Thursday, April 28, 2016! If you’ve missed some of the news, you can read more about Zek, the Scourge Wastes, or catch up on the latest about Scourge Keep.

New content and raids aren’t all that’s in store for the island of Zek - today we’re diving into the new Treasure Hunts!

By: Chris “Chrol” Garlick

Timed treasure hunts return for GU100 – this time in Zek, the Scourge Wastes! Search the solo version of the Wastes for the solo level timed treasure hunts, or bring friends to the heroic wastes and take your chances with the heroic level timed treasure hunts. But be forewarned – the heroic versions of these quests are tough, and time won’t be on your side!

You’ll be rewarded for your efforts! Completing the heroic level timed treasure hunts grants a dirty key that has a greater chance of rewarding a more valuable key than the dirty keys acquired from solo level timed treasure hunts. And what do these valuable keys open? Why, treasure chests of course! These all new valuable keys open a new set of treasure chests scattered throughout the Wastes. So get out there, collect those keys, and find your treasure – there’s no time to Waste!

[IMG]

Who knows what sweet loot these chests contain? Only members have access to what’s inside – so make sure you’re ready for GU 100 at https://www.everquest2.com/membership!
  2. Evilnok Active Member

locked and loaded!...will be running 2 of them with my main
  3. Veta Well-Known Member

Those chests look pretty sweet, want to buy house version.
    suka, Febrith, Xillean and 3 others like this.
  4. kerrianne Member

Can't wait ;)What a better way to spend my 66th Birthday on April 30th :p
    suka, Jaden, Kittybock and 3 others like this.
  5. Trilly Active Member

The way this is written it seems to indicate Heroic Level only gets dirty keys? Is that right?
  6. Travail Member

I sure hope so. Solo players do NOT need access to heroic/raid lvl gear which I am sure there will be a chance at from these chests.
    StoneAch likes this.
  7. Amoon Member

more fun
  8. Mesryk New Member

So... what is in it for solo players if there is no actual great treasure? How do solo players even get raid gear so they can go on raids?
    suka and Sapryze like this.
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I think it's more like the Solo ones will prolly be mostly Gold with a chance at Plat...while heroic will be Plats...with a chance at Umbrite.
  10. Guurzak Active Member

Solo players have zero impact on your personal gaming experience, so why do you care what they NOT have?
    suka, Sapryze, Wizgian and 5 others like this.
  11. Moostafoo Active Member

You dont have to have raid gear to go on raids. Maybe for the more difficult raids you do but the starter raids you just need heroic gear.
    StoneAch likes this.
  12. Slicingpawws New Member

Is this for time locked servers also sorry if it was already put out didnt catch it.
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

GU 100 is only for the live servers.
  14. hwy101 Active Member

Yes why do you care ? What makes you think that you get to decide for solo players? Get a job at Daybreak if ya wanna be a shot caller. Its "all access", Thank you Devs for the Relic items in ToT that anyone who trys can get em .
    suka, Sapryze, Wizgian and 1 other person like this.
  15. Coty Member

Why do you care what solo players get? Do you measure self worth by virtual items in a game? Why do solo players getting raid level gear impact you. Oh right, you can't feel better than them. Just because a solo player gets a raid level drop, does not in any way diminish your "accomplishments" in a game. Or is your real life so bad you need to feel better than them by lording it over them that they don't have gear as good as yours?
    Febrith, Sapryze, Wizgian and 2 others like this.
  16. Reinstall New Member

Actually yeah, what makes you think you deserve raid gear for playing solo?
    Pretty entitled way of thinking if you ask me.
    You feel entitled to raid gear when you don't go through actually earning it.
    Has nothing to do with feeling "Real life accomplishment" as you put it, it has to do with accomplishing something in a game that you didn't, yet you're rewarded the same as me for doing less challenging things, and on a luck basis.

Though it's pretty cute that you have to get hostile to get your point across and think that all of the high end players in this game "lord" over people. They don't. Forums aren't the place to portray how much you think other players care about your playing experience.
    Feldon, Travail and StoneAch like this.
  17. StoneAch Member

Indeed I have to agree with Reinstall and others. I know the hypocrisy of saying raid tiered gear should not be available to solo players, while wearing ducky helms, mythical ranged weapons, rings of immolation, seared glass earrings and scoundrel's slip across several toons. But this is honestly cheapening efforts of raiders. The whole point of raiding is to gain access to best gear in the game, to actually have to really work for it and depend on others performing as well, and not just win it off chance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I got all those items, but I would honestly prefer more to work for it old school way. I don't have anything against soloers wearing raid stuff, this is not an argument against them. This is an argument for correct gear progression. It's fine to add an op item or two for soloers (like 2 from mission reward crate) or heroic players (like class cloaks and relics), but it should stop there. Why give mythicals? Why give these items that will stay equipped until the end of the xpac, something that can't be upgraded from heroic or raid zones?
    Travail likes this.
  18. Travail Member

My whole point is that Solo players do not "need" raid tier or best in slot items to solo. By making BIS gear available from soloing it cheapens this game. Have played this game since launch and have raided 95% of that time and i do not consider myself better than solo players, am sure there are some people that only solo that are better players than myself and other raiders given the opportunity. That being said i will stand by my previous statement no matter what anyone else thinks or feels.

There should be solo rewards that buff the player when they are in the company of a merc or buff there merc if you want to make soloing easier. These items would be considered BIS for solo players and have zero effect in a group or raid setting. Please do not do what you have done so far this xpac and let "luck" be the biggest factor in attaining the best gear. Hell i am not even in a high end raid guild and most likely will never see most of the BIS gear myself if it was made the way it is suppose to be where you actually earn the gear. It is about risk vs reward... you can't reward people with the best gear when there is not a certain amount of risk involved. That is like someone winning the lottery without ever buying a ticket.

I am all for these treasure hunts, it adds an alternate way to get loot that can also be fun. Please just do it right, there is gear progression, or there is suppose to be anyway, for a reason. Lets not cheapen this game anymore than it already has been.
  19. Taezya Member

People crack me up...lol. I'm a solo player and I'm not sure why people care if I have heroic or raid gear. That effects somebody else's game play how? This server is not PvP. Is a solo player wearing raid gear gonna somehow effect how YOU get yours? So why does anybody else even care what chestpiece a solo player has on? It's a treasure chest. I'm sure there's a way to get them and everybody will have their fair opportunity to get them. It's just a game. Calm it down. It's not that serious. Solo players are not taking anything from whoever doesn't like the idea...
    suka, hwy101, Sapryze and 1 other person like this.
  20. Taezya Member

Actually what makes you think YOU deserve raid gear? Unless it's something that you went into a raid dungeon and got working with others, I don't really think YOU deserve whatever comes out of raid treasure chest either so back at you. If I trip over an umbrite key...I'm wearing whatever the heck comes out. You're not the boss of my gaming, so...still not sure why anybody else cares what a solo player wears...
    Sapryze and Wizgian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.