Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Not sure what you mean by that...
  2. Ratza Well-Known Member

What are the chances of getting some new things for females to wear? All the dresses are so outdated....and the ones from the festival merchants all look the same...even the market place has nothing exciting to offer....we need something new . How about skirts (like a mini skirt) and crop or tank tops...and some knee high boots or high heels all in variety of colors for change up. Or maybe let the taylors have some recipes to make us something new for our wardrobe. ;)
    Prissetta and HaphazardAllure like this.
  3. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

+1 Ratza! I would love some new appearance gear for my toons, preferably a mix of tailor recipes and new marketplace stuff. :)
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

So you want to look like a stereotypical modern day hooker as you slay mythical creatures in a fantasy environment set in the past?
    Moonpanther likes this.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

I would like sharks with laser beams attached to their head.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I disagree with the idea of adding 'modern' clothing. maybe something from like the Victorian era at best. the closest Norrath has ever come to a 'modern' anything is the gnomish clockworks, and that's more Steampunk then anything, now that being said, I also wouldn't mind other 'cultural' outfits. like oriental themes from Mara, (like kimonos or samurai armor) or the more arabian themes from Maj'dul. (bellydancer outfits, Lawrence of Arabia styles) Conan styles from the Kerra/Barbarians. (this might have the 'halter tops' you'd be interested in for females think Demona from Gargoyles) but if they did have halter styles in this last set, they would be animal skins or leather looking.

but Norrath itself is not in an era were most clothing like mini skirts or even short skirts would probably be considered acceptable. and before someone brings up the formal wear look on ladies, or Firiona Vie's outfit, or Bayle's original look...these were obviously done to give certain appeal. Antonia's outfit was clearly designed to be eyecandy, and she doesn't wear it anymore. FV's is what was worn in Eq1, but the elves were a lot less prudish then humans. the formal wear again was clearly meant to be eyecandy, and was a response to people wanting more 'sexy' looks. and it's more of a belly dancer outfit then anything.
  7. Ratza Well-Known Member

Our current options resemble old fashioned bedroom attire....if you look at mythical attire for females in most stories they do not look like hookers....not sure why hooker came to your mind......I didn't ask for thigh high boots and plunging necklines....LOL
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Ratza Well-Known Member

maybe something like this.....

[IMG]
    Moonpanther and Prissetta like this.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

Mini skirt, tank top, knee high boots...

I know we can go further in the hooker look as you said, but I still think what you asked for is similar.
  10. Ratza Well-Known Member

Well my suggestion was mostly to spark some imagination....females in this game are in serious need of wardrobe upgrades.
  11. Ratza Well-Known Member

12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The way the PC's were set up back in the day make them not work well with skirts and dresses and I don't want to have to animate skirt joints on all the different skels. The closest you will get to skirts are the kilts and I think they don't look all that great either.
    Feldon and Kittybock like this.
  13. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

overalls, flannel, wallets with chains, combat boots, more flannel....
    Kittybock likes this.
  14. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Denim on denim ftw.
  15. Lithinor Member

i'll just say... not eq2 :p
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

"Why" is because when the game engine for EQ2 was originally built, the general belief was that CPUs would continue doubling in size and speed. That didn't happen. Instead, what we have today are multicore machines with powerful GPUs on the graphics card.

The EQ2 engine relies heavily on the CPU for rendering. They did hire a graphics dude a while back and that's where we got the GPU shadows. But to shift the bulk of the graphics rendering to the GPU is going to require re-writing the game engine completely. Furthermore, this stuff is extremely interconnected, so you never know what other portion of the game is going to blow up as you try to diddle the graphics.
  17. Phyr Member

Hmm Xena had a short skirt, V neck, Knee high boots.,... Your saying she was a hooker? RIGHT!

Anyways I see no reason why an outfit like Xena's wouldnt work in Norrath. Even if you used a Kilt like look.
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Me either, but the clothes described are nothing close to Xena's except for maybe the knee high boots but hers are armored and no 'high heels'
  19. Lithinor Member

yep, the other reason why don't understand why a newer game (like eq3) isn't in the works. /shrug
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Well they have lead/senior job openings listed for an unannounced shooter and an action game at their careers section

https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers

I really hope neither of them resemble MOBA's/arena shooters because they missed that boat by quite a few years.
    Feldon likes this.