Bristlebane Day feedback and bugs 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It looks like some of it went in today, and some of it not. I'll keep poking at stuff. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Typo during Rescuing the Princess, when you find the shackle key:

"You don't put your magical keys in fragil vases?" Should be "fragile" :D
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

owe I extra mad another Beast lord because I wanted to see if we could finally get a bunny warder :(
    no cant be tamed the wear bunnies neither can that cool looking bear
    in the new instance ( sad face )
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I've tested and all of these went in EXCEPT the horse shoe placement issue (which, yes, theoretically should be a horseshoe)
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

FYI, If the purple shinies reproduce too exuberantly, you end up with several of them giving the "too far away" message, even if you are standing on top of them.
  6. daicia Well-Known Member

I can confirm this to some degree. I was able to get all but two of the collectibles within a fair span of time. but I am at at least a 15 min wait with no respawns (and I am the only one in the zone). I've tried zoning in/out and even logging in/out to see if that helped, to no avail. I'm going to pause and upload some more images to the wiki and see if they come back again after an even longer span.
  7. daicia Well-Known Member

OK an hour later and the EL purple shinies are back. Mind you I left the zone for longer this time, so I don't know what may have changed (if it was merely time or if anyone else ever entered the zone).
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Could it also be affected positively by having other people in the zone? It does seem that the more people going around harvesting nodes COMPLETELY, for example, spurs the nodes on to repop faster (harvesting nodes incompletely leads to rage in others following, who expect to be able to get a full 3 harvests from the nodes, and leaving "scraps" here and there doesn't encourage any repop). Could that be the case with the purple shinies as well as a lack of placement numbers? :-/

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Denmum and Daicia: any chance for a Bristlebane Quest Tracker? :D

Uwk
    who loves the other holiday ones! :)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

On the new purple shinies in the Enchanted Lands, are they going to have their numbers kicked up in regions where all levels can get to them? Please? ;->

Uwk

EDIT: just out of curiosity, are the purple glowies supposed to multiply "faster than a Catholic rabbit" [--Nick Fury] all over the place when you harvest one? 'Cause if that's not a bug that could be problematic, yeah, that's pretty funny. :D

Of course, if that IS a bug, it's pretty dang annoying. >:-/

EDIT: Ah, I get it; if you see the big "explosion," ignore it. X-P Good; that'll save time. ;->
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

EL has an issue with the shinies, Uwk, but that's not the only location for them. Sinking Sands has a good proliferation of them not only in the area where the bounce race happens, but also around the airship dock to the Moors and below it. You can also get a couple shinies from both the new quest instance, and from the pirate instance. (Feeling too blah to go look up the proper names right now. :p)

As far as a quest tracker, I'm not sure yet - the others have been just sort of handed to me as she gets a chance to throw one together, so I may be getting a ping with it in the next day or three. :D
  12. daicia Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was intended to be a group instance, but we were able to go in as a group of two for Rescue the Princess. The zone did NOT scale down though even though I had the quest and I clicked on the book to zone-in. Instead, it matched the high level guildie with me. I got no credit for kills, but it looked like the updates were coming through (my game-message chat said I'd found the keys) and when I clicked the princess at the end, she turned into a toadstool critter BUT when I went outside, I couldn't hail The Grand Prankster. (I have not gone back in to try to finish it alone)

Purple shinies in that zone spread out on the second level in a way that made them give me a <resisted> message instead of the out of reach chime. The resisted message persisted even if they were right next to me to click on too.
  13. daicia Well-Known Member

Oh and I keep meaning to ask, but does Gnary a Joke to Tell require me to finish The Bristlebane Quest Outline first? We don't have a pre-req listed on the wiki, nor does ZAM. I can't get the quest yet. It's been a couple three years since I was around for this event (I seem to out of town/busy) so I don't recall if it did have any pre-reqs.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

the only quest I know that is a prerequisite for others in the non repeatable "Tin Metal Protection" questline.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that's correct I made a beastlord just to find out if I can tame the creatures in the instance and she was level 5 when I was able to get the new Quest , after I finished "Tin Metal Protection"
    I leveled her up to level 10 , so I can tame warders
    hmm maybe those bunnies and bears are enchanted creatures drat I don't have beastlord high enough to test that idea.
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Nope. It doesn't have any prerequisites. Galan Jokepeddler is willing to offer you the quest once, per year.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Art changes often take longer due to art assets needing to be updated. It isn't just a design file change.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I just confirmed that the spawn rate in EL is the same as Sinking Sands. The number of spawns in EL is higher than in SS. It should also be noted that the possible spawn locations for EL are spread out much further, concentrated at halfling locations surrounding Lookout Stump.

~ Kaitheel
  19. Kaitheel Developer

If you are more than 15 levels below your groupmate, you won’t get kill credit. That’s hard coded into grouping. If you can’t get kill credit, then you won’t get your quest updated. The messages through the zone are group wide, no matter if you are on the quest or not. They are not advancing your quest, just noting your progress through the zone. I would suggest going back through the zone with another groupmate, closer to your level.

~ Kaitheel
    daicia likes this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

More changes headed your way (at some point):
    • Fragile is now spelled correctly.
    • The were-rabbits and were-bears are no longer marked as named mobs.
    • The were-rabbit and were-bear can now be tamed by beastlords for use as exotic warders (must use Tame Exotic Warder for success).
    • Firiona Vie no longer appears to be a guardian.
    ~ Kaitheel