Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I've run into a weird thing with the Tinkersmith's Prototype Eyepeice. on my paladin, it's always of to the side of his head, and retracted...which I originally thought was how it was supposed to look. then I got it on my dwarf, and it was down over his eye, and extended out..until I zoned/logged out...where it goes into the position it is on my paladin.

there's no way to switch it back, short of unequipping/re-equipping to get it in the 'in use' position I would guess is the best way to put it.

and on the paladin (who's hairstyle has bangs on the sides of his face) it never goes into the 'in use' position as it seems his bangs stop it or overwrite it or something. and yes I use Soga models. Paladin is a high elf.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It should go into use when you go into combat.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

ah I'll test that right now :)
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be jerky. Have you checked your settings?

If your FPS drops too low and you don't need all the amazing detail DB works so hard to weave into Norrath, you can always go into Options and crank it down a few notches. :)
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

yep it worked! yay :)
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I discoed/bought the Dhalgar illusion and tried it out...and it doesn't seem to be working right. I'm a high elf in Soga, and when I turn the illusion on, it's like it was trying to overwtie my hair/armor with the illusion's version, and not succeeding very well. also, it doesn't work on a mount like the Cavedrifter. I got a screenshot of me in illusion form too.

[IMG]
  7. Kelvmor Active Member

Problems with the illusion aside, I'm pretty much going to buy the expansion now solely for that illusion. I wanna recreate my gray dwarf wizard from DnD. >_>

You should let that illusion wear player armor, rather than that weird overlapping.
  8. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Could we get Dhalgar and Coldain coloration and tattoos added to the dwarves at character creation?
    HaphazardAllure and Zukira like this.
  9. Kelvmor Active Member

Problem with that is, dwarves have a SOGA model. So, whatever Dhalgar or Coldain options you'd choose for your dwarf, wouldn't be visible if someone played with dwarf alternate models on.

This is why I use the illusions. There's a Thurgadin Spellcaster illusion from Nights of the Dead that I use on a dwarf wizard, both for in character reasons and personal preference--to force people to see the dwarf as a non-SOGA dwarf, since that's the model the Coldain (and Dhalgar) are based on.
  10. Kelvmor Active Member

Another problem I just thought of, actually. Even if you could get the coloration...if you look closely at the Coldain dwarves with decent graphics settings on, you'll notice they have a constant particle effect around their bodies/armor, a frosty mist/haze that enamates from their bodies.

So even if you got the coloration/tattoos/beard options, etc., you wouldn't be able to get the Coldain frost aura effect without getting that armor from Frostfell.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just a note for the Art team. I know dwarves aren't exactly using Celtic knotwork, but the general rule for every culture that uses knotwork designs is that ever "over" is followed by an "under". Since the basics are, ultimately, pure math, you can whip out new, space-filling knotwork designs really quickly if you know the rules.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The art team says Thanks A knot!
    Kittybock, Sigrdrifa and Spindle like this.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Did someone say "When pigs fly" anywhere in this thread ?
    Kittybock, Spindle and Katz like this.
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

We're getting flying pigs! Confirmed by ttobey.
    Ocarinah and HaphazardAllure like this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah when Pigs Fly!
    Ocarinah likes this.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

*In his best Ttobey Impression*

No. No Pigs. No.
    Spindle likes this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's a terrible impression.
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Well I've spent all my time looking for an imaginary duck zone, so haven't had time to work on it!
    Katz likes this.
  19. keeks Developer

Unfortunately the monk Eadfrith, author of The Lindisfarne Gospels, filed a copyright claim on the dwarves over under patterns so they had to go and repaint the entire city which took about 8 months of dev time.

Thanks for the link, bookmarked ;)
  20. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Well pigs do fly in thundering steppes! Where is my powder pink pig that flies with fluffy pegasus wings??? I hope it is available by Brewday :cool:
    Spindle and Katz like this.