Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

That would be funny.
  2. Kelvmor Active Member

It might also get them around to fixing the wing sounds on the Elder Drake mount. Whenever I use it, it only sounds one wing beat for every two the drake makes in the animation. It's off-putting, I have to play with the sound off when I use it. >_>
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

And we are art locked! Monday we start another one. No tentacles!
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Art locked? That sounds sort of painful. :confused:
  5. Jrel Well-Known Member

I finally realized the other day what I didn't like much about EQ2's art compared to other game's art. There is too much definition or grain (or whatever you want to call it) in the scenery and non-player objects. Maybe I'm so used to anime and other games' artwork, but without getting too cartoony, I think reducing the amount of colors in objects might help the game performance-wise as well.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

You may be on to something here. We may be using to much yellow. Yellow as you know renders much slower than blue. Let me try removing all the yellow. Hang on a sec.
    Katz, Finora, Kittybock and 2 others like this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Hmmmm. That didn't do a whole lot render speed wise. Let me try green. Green is a known slow color.
    Finora, Feldon and Mystfit like this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

OK no luck with green.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Try this though. I just noticed that if I lean to the left and put all my weight on my left cheek, it seems to be disrupting the gamma flow to my monitor. I may be crazy but it seems like the game is running faster.
    Zukira, Kittybock, Finora and 4 others like this.
  10. Gninja Developer

You are without a doubt, crazy, Tom :p
    Katz, Kittybock, Finora and 2 others like this.
  11. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Speaking of leaning, i haven't seen the Gangsta' Lean for a long time now, why did you guys fix that :( I loved seeing my ranger stuck on the Gangsta' Lean position so i could intimidate the raid bosses i fought.
    Zukira likes this.
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that colorblind people have a faster game experience....go greyscale.
    Kittybock and ttobey like this.
  13. keeks Developer

Please don't take my colors away.... it's... it's all I have left... :(
    Kittybock, HaphazardAllure and Feldon like this.
  14. Jrel Well-Known Member

Funny. I'm running at 27 FPS with VHQ in Maldura. I can run around in Skyforge and FFXIV at max quality without the graphics tearing or streaking. And hey, just got a

G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (15740): 0 00cadacb error running through Maldura a few minutes ago.

I have a Geforce GTX 750 TI SC with 2GB of GDDR5 on an i7-4790K CPU 4 GHz
  15. Jrel Well-Known Member

16. Finora Well-Known Member

Rofl
    Ttobey, you are too funny.
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

This! This is why grammar is important. Otherwise, it would have read: "You are without a doubt crazy Tom" Folks would start calling him Crazy Tom.

Commas...so underused; kinda' like yellow ;)
    ttobey likes this.
  18. Squeecha Senior Guide

Don't they already call him that?
    HaphazardAllure and Kittybock like this.
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No they all call me Sir.
    Snikkety and Kittybock like this.
  20. Xillean Well-Known Member

Sir Crazy Tom ? :D
    Katz, Kittybock and ttobey like this.