Journey to Thalumbra (Zone Preview)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

By: Nathan "Kaitheel" McCall

Deep underneath Norrath lies a realm, on the edge of the Plane of the Underfoot, known as Thalumbra. Though long thought of as the domain of Brell Serilis, unlucky explorers and inexperienced spelunkers quickly find the denizens of below are not limited to those of his creation. This expansive, subterranean kingdom is home to fabled races, and ancient, unimaginable terrors, including Aberrants, poxfiends, fathomlurkers and cepholex! Here, under innumerable layers of stone, their eternal struggle to survive has shaped them, forcing them to develop sophisticated weapons or intricate defenses.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

What luminescence pierces through the oppressive, dank, and dismal darkness of the under depths, whether arcane or biological, is suspect. Many an organism entices another with a glint or a spark! This knowledge may cause you to rethink your own exploration of Luminous Peaks, a particularly well lit region of Thalumbra. Here, amongst the overwhelming canopy of foliage, it is easy for even the most imposing barbarian to feel dwarfed!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Those undeterred by the fierce flora and deadly fauna are fated to come face-to-face with the glaufaye, an ancient race of fairy-like beings whose residence within Thalumbra predates that of dwarves or roekilik. You'll uncover their shrouded past, discovering their eternal burden, bestowed upon them by a forgotten god, and how it intrinsically links them with not only the dhalgar and gnemlin people of Maldura, but also the threats currently facing Thalumbra, and all of Norrath.

Join us, as we shine a torch upon the Terrors of Thalumbra, and explore this dangerous new realm!

Terrors of Thalumbra is now available for pre-order. Click here to view the different editions, and order your copy today!
    Luciar, Kurisutaru, Awkk and 8 others like this.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

These zones could really use a few more tentacles!
    Jazabelle, Luciar, Kurisutaru and 8 others like this.
  3. Seryndipity Active Member

This is what is called strategic marketing ;)
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

TTOBEY! I need a cephalopod mount!

It worked for Errorrrrrrr, it could work for me.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It worked for Errorrrrrrr after a year of nagging! Are you prepared to go that route? Choose wisely.
    Kuulei, Jazabelle, Kurisutaru and 2 others like this.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

I'm a wife. I have nagging down to a science. I can do it in my sleep :D
    Kuulei, Loves, Kurisutaru and 13 others like this.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I was hoping for someone to start a Llama thread, but I can get behind a thread for this. Go Go.
    Loves, suka and Kittybock like this.
  8. Yozilie Active Member

New monsters and not just new skins on old monsters? Am I really seeing this right? Okay Daybreak team, I know I complain (more than I should) but I put all my issues aside and purchased a full year membership to show support for the game and community I have grown to love. I am excited to see the return of DB Cash cards. I am loving most of the new stuff you guys are implementing in-game. But most of all, I am LOVING the look of this now zone already, and I cant wait to dive in!! Great job DB!!
  9. Ghostfaces New Member

Looks laggy.
  10. Csipi Active Member

Is that last picture of Thumbelina?
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol complain complain nag nag naaaaaggggg I want a mount
    better start early ;)
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

He also recruited minions to his thread and had more than 40 pages of posts from said minions.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

All these tentacles. Wonder if the name Calamari is taken?? Maybe Wasabi ;)
  14. Eles Well-Known Member

Sempai Ttobey we need a a pink cephalopod mount with moar tentacles :p

[IMG]
  15. Cheddarella New Member

On that proverbial scale of One to Ten? This is TENtacular!
    Pohondo and HaphazardAllure like this.
  16. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Wives of Norrath unite! Let the nagging commence as a show of solidarity =p
    Loves likes this.
  17. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Now my question is...where do the Dwarves of Moradhim fit in? XD

Love these new mob models and semi-creepy zone atmospheres though.
    chattie likes this.
  18. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

How would you ride a cephalopod mount? hanging underneath in a basket of its tentacles?

That could be very cool, actually.

Or you could make it a water mount, that increases swim speed?

Personally, I want one as a pet, and not like the prexus friend. I want to see it wriggling along the ground like an actual octopus please!

(And nagging for a year is nothing. Ask Kander about me and exiles...)
    Loves, Prissetta and suka like this.
  19. Armageddoux Active Member

20. Amoon Member

awesome, can't wait.. where is my mount?