Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

ttobey, can you help me? My erudite has no wrists :-(

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

We'll take a look.
    Feldon and NrthnStar5 like this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Phatkins said, "Stop using broken armor sets."
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

He's checking it out.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

OK Fixed in next build!
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Phatkins fixes things in like 10 mins. Why did my duck mount take 2 years? :(
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

There was nothing that needed fixing with the ducks.
    Mystfit likes this.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You were fixing it so my dreams came true?
    Spindle likes this.
  9. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Hey not just your dreams Errrorr I know I was wanting the Pheasant but the Ducks are super cool !!
  10. Katz Well-Known Member

So I'm trying to figure out why my main has a fog around her. She used to have the armor from frostfell from tokens that had great stats for her level and caused the perpetual fog. However, she has replaced that armor and yet still has fog.
    Here is my character on EQU:
    [IMG]
    Does anyone see a cause of the fog? (Please ignore the fact that I haven't really payed attention to having the right gear, jewelry, stats, have no adornments, lost some of my gear, don't know where it is, etc., I'm a long hours at work very casual player. No raids for me. :oops: )

I put this in look and feel because it makes me look funny and feel silly. :p
  11. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the fog was a "use" effect that persists beyond the gear being equipped and needs to be turned off somehow - probably by re-equipping and clicking use again?
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

I'll check that armor and see. Thanks, I didn't think about that.
  13. Nkito Well-Known Member

Sigil of the Swarm bat illusion, as posted elsewhere, is bugged. Upon death it will uncheck your "hide illusions" box and put you into bat swarm form. Re-checking the box does not hide the illusion.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I alerted the proper authorities. It's on the design side not art side of things.
  15. Talathionwins Active Member

Ttobey, do you think you can have the developer allow us to hex edit illusions to give them unique colors? I can understand them for lore reasons restricting the colors on non-illusions. However illusions are "fake" so it makes sense to allow them to make Pink/Blue Ratongas because its just an illusion.

I asked Holly Windstalker if oddly coloured characters were alright and she said it was fine because it gives no advantage, but removing it from the game to me was just silly.

I want to be able to be a Dark Skinned Wood Elf again some how.

I also want for Halloween the option to give my character red eyes, fangs or claws. Even some Dog Ears would be cool as heck! =3
    Tabri likes this.
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's also a design call.
  17. Talathionwins Active Member

Well, honestly it didn't give anyone an advantage and it helped with roleplaying. It didn't bother anyone from what I knew and some people made some pretty cool characters with it. When it was removed, all it did really was make people (me included) unsubscribe for a long time. Since it ruined my character's appearance. It was like it for almost 7 years.

I remember a roleplay group of Vampire Roleplayers who all just made their characters pale skinned and red eyed. It was pretty cool what you could do with it.
  18. Feldon Well-Known Member

Where there's Smoke...

Also a couple of posts have disappeared above but they were asking about why we can't have custom colored characters like blue ratonga anymore. The answer of course is PvP. People figured out a way to make their characters transparent. So once again a few players ruin it for everyone.

A sensible solution would be to expand the color gamut allowed for all races to include the more extreme options as has already been done for Aerakyns.
  19. Talathionwins Active Member

Actually you can't do that. If you try to make your character transparent it turned you into a troll. They fixed that bug before they made it so you couldn't make oddly colored characters.

It literally race-changed you into a generic troll. Pretty clever. However if you just changed your characters colors it was fine.

Now it literally says: Character Customization INVALID.

You used to also be able to put fae/arasai wings on any race. Which was hilarious and do a number of cool things, but they also don't. Just color changes work now.

An "Advanced" tab would be fun though. I would even buy it on the Marketplace.
  20. Korucuu Well-Known Member