A Quick Update on Server Merges

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Hey all,

We’re still working on getting everything ready for server consolidations, and we wanted to give everyone a quick update.

Our first merge will be Crushbone, Butcherblock, and Oasis into Maj’Dul. This won’t be ready for next week. The soonest this will be ready will be the week of October 19, and we’ll keep everyone updated as we know more.

We’re also working to time this with the launch of the Terrors of Thalumbra beta server. While we’re still working on optimizing the server consolidation process to minimize downtime, there will be extended downtimes for servers that are merging. Hopefully you’ll choose to spend some time exploring Thalumbra with other beta testers during this time.

Our other server merges will happen before the expansion launches. We want to see how Maj’Dul’s merge goes first, before committing to dates and giving approximate downtimes for Everfrost, Guk, and Unrest merging into Halls of Fate and Freeport, Nagafen, and Permafrost merging into Skyfire.

After these server merges have completed, we’ll have a period of time that players can choose to transfer for free between Maj’Dul, Halls of Fate, Skyfire, and Antonia Bayle. We’ll have additional information on this later, and the free transfer period won’t happen until all of these merges are done.

We appreciate all of our players’ patience and support during this process. If you haven’t been keeping up on server merges, you can find out more in our most recent FAQ here.
    Xillean, Kuulei, Cloudrat and 10 others like this.
  2. Nooloon Active Member

I for one would rather wait as long as it takes than have DayBreak jump the gun and risk any sort of problems or outage.

Thanks for a great game.
    Xillean, FriggaWitch, suka and 9 others like this.
  3. Xaiveir Active Member

Ensuring everything is done right the first time is the way to go, kudos to you guys. Thanks Roshen!
    suka, Belenos, Kurisutaru and 3 others like this.
  4. XwXwX New Member

Still no news concerning the EU servers merges ? maybe a timeframe ?

Last update was in a Producer's Letter from August :
    Jukeboxe, Livejazz, Gaptia and 4 others like this.
  5. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I'm maybe coming back after an 8-month break ... is Nagafen no longer a PvP server?
  6. Gaptia Active Member

Yes please give news to people outside the States.
    Cairl likes this.
  7. Frightbringer New Member

+1
    Cairl and Gaptia like this.
  8. Hekynn New Member

Take as much time as you need DBG. Heck I will be checking out the beta server when it goes live. :)
    suka, Awkk, Belenos and 4 others like this.
  9. Cairl New Member

Yes please give news to people outside the States o_O
  10. Svenone Well-Known Member

The only news regarding the non-US servers is that they will not happen until after the US servers are merged. As they don't know when the US servers will be completed (other than before the expansion), they can not give a more definite time frame.
    Kyriea and Spindle like this.
  11. Mysstie Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned, I am in no hurry cause I just know something is going to break.
    suka and Kyriea like this.
  12. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Take as long as you need, I am not anxious to give up Guk for the terribly named Halls of Fate. Geez FATE would have been much better. o_O
  13. Lare Active Member

Thank you for filling us in on the time frames
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  14. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

So we can't xfer to an EU server?
  15. Katz Well-Known Member

No, Nagafen will not exist after it is merged into the new server Skyfire, a PvE server. The PvP server is now the TLE server Deathtoll.
    Livejazz likes this.
  16. Maldek Active Member

Roshen, this sort of communication is always appreciated. Even bad news is better than no news. Thanks for sharing this update
    suka, Kyriea, Belenos and 4 others like this.
  17. WTRG New Member

Was all the weird lag and super long/dropped zoning and logging-in over the last couple days related to this?
  18. Tajar Well-Known Member

Could those transfers not be open to EU servers too? While I have already forked out money to move, I have friends who cannot afford to move characters to an EU server, at least not all their toons.
  19. Druantia Member

I think AB should have to vote for a new server name also and get it changed. A lot of us dedicated to our servers since game launch are being forced to merge onto a new server under a different name so yea to make it fair theirs should change as well... maybe to a RoK or EoF themed name.
    Kyriea likes this.
  20. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Some of us are not doing the pre-order until the first server consolidation happens. You'll get my money after you start to make good on this promise, which should have happened years ago.

This will probably end up being the shortest beta test ever, meaning launch will probably end up having a bunch of bugs and issues. Which means anything that we /petition will take over 2 weeks to be told "sorry, working as intended".

This short beta also means that any "scout class revamp" (that has also been promised for over a year now) will pretty much give us no sort of fix. Auto attack damage being reduced and combat art damage being increased. That still doesn't help scout classes like swashbucklers and beastlords in regards to being viewed as a "raid-worthy" class.
    suka and Kyriea like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.