Darkness Descends and Haunts Await - Nights of the Dead Has Returned!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

It’s that time of year. The time when the creaking stair seems to squeak a little bit louder than normal. When the chill up your spine runs deep through your bones. When the wind is full of the sounds of flapping wings, and you’re not quite sure what may be lurking behind that hedge… it’s time for Nights of the Dead!

[IMG]

Nights of the Dead is an annual festival in Norrath where daring adventurers and skilled crafters come together to celebrate those things that go bump in the night. This year, the spirits have brought with them some new illusions, rewards, and more.

[IMG]

New for 2015:
    • New illusions added to the Gigglegibber Goblin’s Unpredictable Illusion
    • New costume illusions available from Nights of the Dead Merchants
    • New rewards for favorite returning Nights of the Dead events
    • New recipe book, “Celebrations of the Dead VIII”
    [IMG]

The things you love (or fear!) about Nights of the Dead are returning as well, including the Headless Horseman event, the Haunted Mansion, the Haunted Hedgemaze, and plenty of creatures ready to drop Nights of the Dead treats for anyone daring to cross their path.

And don’t forget, if you’re seeking to take to the skies on the back of a bat, the new Bat Mount and more seasonal items have made their way into the EQII Marketplace. The first round was introduced on October 1, and on October 8, new Player Studio items will be joining the mix!

New Player Studio Items to look for:
    • Creature of the Night Cloak
    • Cerimonial Wand of the Concordium
    • Big Betsy
    • Dark Marble Statue
    • Dragonpit
    • Dungeons and Drachnids Starter Set
    • Mr. Mystery
    • Graveyard Bundle
    • Here Lies
    • Malvren Grave
    • Restin Piece
    • Weeping Widow
    • Horrors of the East
    • Oni Mask Bundle
    • Fishing Kappa Pond Statue
    • Scary Oni Mask
    • Terrifying Oni Mask
    • Jack's Guest House
    • Los Muertos Azul
    • Los Muertos Verde
    • Los Muertos Rojo
    • Rustic Wooden Stairway
    • Maudlin Heights Manor Bundle
    • Maudlin Heights Manor Roof
    • Maudlin Heights Manor Door
    • Maudlin Heights Manor Upper Room
    • Maudlin Heights Manor Lower Room
    • Maudlin Heights Manor Tall Loft
    • Maudlin Heights Manor Large Loft
    Don’t miss out on this haunting good time. The spirits will only be hanging around Norrath from Thursday, October 8, 2015 at12:01AM Pacificthrough Monday, November 2, 2015 at 11:59PM Pacific.

And remember, you could memorialize your spooky, scary scream-fest and WIN a new Daybreak Cash card! Read the full details and enter the Halloween giveaway here.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Thanks for listing and announcing the new items made by our wonderful Player Studio Artists!!! :D
  3. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Not even one new quest? :<
    Flaming Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

By any chance, is there something being done in prep for the first merger that might interfere with the NotD quests? Because The Haunting and Survive the Night have been unplayable on my Crushbone characters on 2 different accounts, and on my friend's Crushbone characters as well. But my Freeport and AB characters have no problem with them. /bug report was filed of course.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Waiting patiently for the new PS marketplace items...*taps foot impatiently*
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there was a post on the test server
    there is no new quest this year because the personnel of Daybreak is more than busy working on the new expansion,
    the consolidations and they are moving to a new office
    That's also why only the first group of servers will be merged before the next expansion.
    So the team can fix problems that will for shure show up.
    FriggaWitch and Moonpanther like this.
  7. Arakia New Member

Why isn't the haunted mansion quest working? It lets me take the quest and enter but wont let me continue once I get inside???
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

I don't think the Player Studio items are in yet, although the holiday appears live on Freeport server.

Bring on the new Player Studio stuff! :) *waves magic wand*
    Moonpanther likes this.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

:) cool that means I can make a dent in the list of characters that have not done the quests yet.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  10. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

What's the trick to getting a second chance at the dance section of The Haunting?
    I've forgotten since last year.

Also I'm not seeing the Gigglegibber illusions, just a periodic shining when it tries to change.
    I've got "Hide my illusion form" turned off.
    I did get an illusion inside the Haunted House (of The Haunting) but it never changed.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Just talk to the ghostly wife again, and she will ask if you want to try again. I did it last night, and it worked fine, but haven't done anything yet today so I don't know if anything got broke in the meantime.

I don't bother with illusions though, so I can't help you there.
  12. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

13. Nantoh Member

I don't think froglok ghosts are very common.
    I want to see them first.
  14. chez477 New Member

ok spent all day looking for candy, quests something. Found my way to looping plains but only one quest there? Where do I go for more and the candy. Getting very frustrated. They should be marked better or be told where they are.....
  15. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Have you checked the Wiki?

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Nights_of_the_Dead

Nektulos beach has monsters to kill for candy (poke the bone piles)
    The ghost hunt gets boring after a while but gives up to 5 candies per run.
  16. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I"m trying to make sure I don't miss any adorable, creepy house items ;) The vendor of course has some and I'm working on that as we speak, but did anyone see any new quest rewards for the quests or races? (No, not complaining about the lack of, just making sure I didn't miss any!)
  17. Cythemia Member

i have found nothing new same ole same ole. i am sad :(
  18. Mystfit Well-Known Member

The race has a mask for the top score, I saw just now!
  19. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

That LP plains quest is repeatable, and the vampires tend to drop a lot of chewing gum, and you get three lollipops from the second to last fight.

Skellies on Nek forest beach are the best way to get candies generally.
  20. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

I like how Antonia Bayle is blabbing something about the new year through her statue in Qeynos harbor now. :D