Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Karsa Active Member

The new contested dungeon, in ToT, looks awesome, the 'mind flayers' also very cool was wondering if we gonna encounter any 'umber hulks' or 'ropers' during our journey underground. Nice worm mount too, gives me reason to stop bugging ya for that Zarrakon mount...;)
  2. Kelvmor Active Member

Already had ropers in Sentinel's Fate. As for Umber Hulks, I dunno. Maybe those big Void beasts with the crab claws?
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

The Vanguard armor fro NoTD looks good, but I was disappointed us plate folks didn't get an 'open' helmet with the ghost face in it.like the arachnid armor or the lucanic one...just with the ghost face.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

This needs a full art build to get fixed on Live and there probably won't be an art build until the expansion.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

6. Tabri Well-Known Member

Oh well bleh guess I will not wear flying wings with this until the expac. I know yall have your hands full with the office move, expac, and merges just please dont forget when you do have time please and ty ty :)
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's done, just needs to be updated.
    Moonpanther and Errrorr like this.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Does this mean you now have free time for a new player requested mount? :D
  9. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Any chance we'll see more leaper mounts? It seems like we have the fewest leaper mounts, even though they are probably the second most used mount type. I'd love to see some more!
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  10. Kelvmor Active Member

Seconded.

While we're on the subject of leapers, I'll go ahead and say this again!

Frogloks should get a quest at 30 to become their own leaper mount, akin to Fae/Arasai and Freeblood flight quests at 85!!

It just makes sense.
    Spindle likes this.
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

That makes as much sense as every other race getting a quest to get 130% run speed because they run.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

probably
    NrthnStar5 and HaphazardAllure like this.
  13. Kelvmor Active Member

See, now *that* doesn't make sense.

Think of it like this--in real life, there are frogs that can jump up to over 10 times its body length. If the average Froglok is around 4'6", let's say, that means it should be able to cover over 13 meters (around 42 feet) per leap, vertically or horizontally. Relatively, it takes a human being using a giant pole to vault up to a height of only 6.0 meters vertically as a record. As for farthest human jump, the record is 29 feet, 2 3/8 inches (8 meters). If nothing else, Frogloks deserve a buff that lets them jump higher/farther.

Even so, this is a world where there are cow-dinosaur hybrids and giant flying squirrels. And you want to tell me that a race of giant talking frogs can't leap higher/farther than a stubby-legged dwarf or hunched-over Sarnak?
    Spindle likes this.
  14. Meirril Well-Known Member

"Real life" arguments don't go very far in mechanics discussions, and how far each race jumps affects game play.

Also you'll notice that Frogloks aren't exactly half legs and horribly clumsy on land. They get around just like every other race in EQ2. The tall races don't outpace the short ones even with their longer legs because its a mechanics issue.

And last thing, why did you post this in Look and Feel? Even if Ttoby really loves this idea, it isn't like it would require art work or animation. Go post this somewhere else man.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Actually it would. The leaper mechanic has states that needed new animation for the frog leaper.
    Kelvmor and Moonpanther like this.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Put a pin on Phatkins chair and film his jump out of it. That'd be research right?
    Moonpanther, Feldon and ttobey like this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

He'd spin kick me in the head on the way back down.
  18. Katz Well-Known Member

That sounds painful. Be sure and film it. ;)
  19. Kelvmor Active Member

Actually, depending on race, some of them get a natural +5% runspeed boost, like Dwarves and one of the elf races, I think. Frogloks also get around better in water thanks to a buff called Hydromotion, which lets them walk and run normally on the bottom of a body of water, as well as jump up nearer to the surface from the sea/lake/river/etc. floor they're walking on. Arasai and Fae already get an ability called Glide that lets them jump farther/higher than other races on land, including Frogloks, as well as the Blessing of Xegony flight ability at 85. I just figured I'd shoot it towards Ttobey since he might have fun animating the Froglok leaps. :>
  20. Kelvmor Active Member

For a hopefully-less-time-consuming suggestion, since Nights of the Dead is up now, and many of those illusions can now ride mounts...I was thinking, maybe it was time to let more of them (like the Nights of the Dead Oggok Ogre and Thurgadin Spellcaster costumes, which are just reskins of the ogre and dwarf PC races) use animated /emotes like /bow and /wave, etc.? At present, when using the Oggok Ogre or Thurgadin Spellcaster, only the text appears, and they stand motionless.