Server Consolidation Naming Polls on Tuesday, Sept. 8

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Greetings, intrepid Norrathians!

After our hotfix next Tuesday morning, Sept. 8, the servers being consolidated will find a poll delivered through in-game mail with the top 5 appropriate name suggestions for their new servers. The vote will last 1 week until we hotfix again the following Tuesday, Sept. 15.

The servers being consolidated will get their own naming polls based on themes assigned to them. We had a lot of great name suggestions that will be revealed Tuesday with the poll!
    • Butcherblock, Crushbone, and Oasis servers will get their own Desert of Flames-themed naming poll.
    • Everfrost, Guk, and Unrest will get their Kingdom of Sky-themed naming poll.
    • Freeport, Nagafen, and Permafrost will get the Rise of Kunark-themed poll.
    Thanks to everyone who participated in the naming suggestions. We will share the vote results on the afternoon of Sept. 15!
  2. Nubek Active Member

Ruins of Kunark?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Luciar Active Member

It's proven!! Holly is in fact human and not a robot. Not sure about Ttobey though...
    Rose, Filly67, Belenos and 2 others like this.
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

Ruins... rise...what's the diff? :p
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

About 500 years.
    Rose, Anunnaki, Filly67 and 13 others like this.
  6. amarisa Member

so excited to see what my new server name will be! :D
  7. Tsurupettan Active Member

Now you know what happens when chrono magic goes awry!
    Rose, Kurisutaru, Hartsmith and 4 others like this.
  8. Sunscour New Member

It will soon be Naming Day: feels so dystopian.... Also makes me want cake. Vanilla Cake with Buttercream frosting!!
    Rose, Kurisutaru, Hartsmith and 3 others like this.
  9. Harborx Member

If I have to rename a character, I shall name him, "Holy Freud"
    Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Windstalker Executive Producer

Erm...oops. Sorry. I feexed the RoK blunder. :/
  11. Kiru New Member

Uh oh, I have a full plate of characters on Butcherblock, one on Crushbone, and 3 on Oasis and I don't want to delete any of them, even though I haven't played in a while. Now what?
  12. Bellamorte Active Member

Why would you have to delete any? There are no limits to how many are allowed per server. So unless you have any naming conflicts then all that will change will be that they will all be on the same server vs. Spread out.
    Rose, FriggaWitch, suka and 1 other person like this.
  13. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Numbers of characters aren't limited per server, but per region. All your characters will move to the same server. If you want to keep their names, you need to log each one in before the merge.
    Rose, suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Pack up all your shared banks if you are on two different servers or more that are merging together!! I'm not sure how many of the other servers' boxes will go into overflow, or if any will be lost for good, but it will be one hot mess either way. ;)
  15. Kiru New Member

Oh right, I forgot about that key difference between EQ (which I still play) and EQ II, so I don't have to worry about anything other than the shared bank. *phew*
  16. Elinea Well-Known Member

I look forward to telling our server Happy Name Day!
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, I also withdrew all my Broker stuff temporarily back to the alts that had put the stuff in there. Not sure if it was entirely necessary, but I'm just paranoid. ;->

Uwk
    Rose likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bleagh, buttercream...whipped cream ftw! :D

Uwk
    Rose likes this.
  19. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Banana cake with chocolate icing and whipped cream......my favourite!!

(and yes, that's banana CAKE, not bread)
  20. Eradani Well-Known Member

to add to what siren said, if you're moving to 1 server from 2 or 3, the first character that logs in - the shared bank will be from their old server. if you pick up all the bank with toons from that server, you can log on toons from the other server and their shared bank should be there. or that's the rumor anyways.