End of August Marketplace Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Hail Norrathians!

The heat of summer is slowly beginning to dissipate. Before we know it, the rustle of leaves and the chill of Nights of the Dead will fill the air, and soon after, the jingle of Santa Glug’s sleigh will be heard…

But summer has not left us yet! And to savor the last bits of August, there is a SALE this weekend in the Marketplace.

From 12:00PM (Noon) Pacific on Friday, August 28, 2015 through 12:00PM (Noon) Pacific on Monday, August 31, 2015 the following will be available at deep discounts:
    • Legends of Norrath booster packs
    • Legends of Norrath booster bundles
    • XP Potions (including Vitality Potions on Stormhold & Deathtoll!)

August will be over soon, and so will these discounts. Don’t miss out on this month’s end sale!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Hmmm. LoN Staff mostly let go, LoN forums closed. LoN Loot Card mounts made limited time overpriced DBC items, and now a huge discount off the boosters. I am getting more and more nervous that LoN is going to be shut down soon. :(
    Kyriea and Wirewhisker like this.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

that makes me nervous too. I got a TON of items in LoN I haven't claimed mostly since they aren't heriloom and I don't want to give it to one too, only to find out later that I'd rather it on another.
  4. Belenos Well-Known Member

Just me personally, but I couldn't care less about LoN. I redeem the free packs and that is as far as it goes (or ever will go). I played Magic the Gathering (real cards--not online) with a group of friends for years, until I got burned out on it entirely. Still have my thousands of cards, but no desire to play. LoN is just more of the same, as is WoW's card game.
    Vainamoinen likes this.
  5. Kittybock Well-Known Member

If you would kindly add Alberich the Wise to the Marketplace for even a weekend, I'd bet he'd fly outta there. :)
    Kyriea, Awkk, Belenos and 2 others like this.
  6. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I, for one, would hate to see LON go. It is a added perk for subscribers who's perks are getting smaller and smaller every day.
    Kyriea, Saiidin, Foretold and 14 others like this.
  7. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

They will stay in your claim though. And you can claim them anytime on any server. This does not help those that want to trade or sell the non-bound loot cards though.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

I am in total agreement, Moonpanther. There is already so little incentive to being a subscriber, that to see LoN go is just one more reason NOT to sub anymore. AllAccess means nothing to me, as I only play the one game. I went silver for a few months, decided to re-sub again this month but am still wavering in my decision to do so and may decide to go silver yet again. After all, being silver wasn't so bad, with the exception of the loss of double currency. I've had so little time to play though, that even that hasn't been such a big deal. I've been expecting LoN to go for a good while now, however, as I don't think there really are many people who participate in it, beyond the bonus we get as AllAccess members.

Personally, this sale is useless to me, because LoN packs are a gamble, in which I only get a loot item from maybe one out of ten packs. Simply not worth it to me, since the majority of the loot I do get from them is fluff I could do without. I have a number of unclaimed fluff items, simply because I don't want to have them cluttering up my bank or bag space, but I may have to claim a few of them, if LoN does go away, which all signs are pointing to. I keep holding out, hoping for a new 'wardrobe' for appearance items...but no such luck as of yet. I simply don't have the space to add more appearance stuff to my account, unnecessarily, so didn't want to claim those items yet.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I hope LON doesn't go, I am trying to get a tax-free residency card for a house in the Ethernauts packs....
    Prissetta, suka, Merriel and 3 others like this.
  10. Nickolous Member

I Know that no one said LON is closing down; but I want to add, if the accounts think that looks good to the bottom line, they could not be further from correct. I have seen things like this happen in the business world many times. When the accountants are making the decisions and not listening to others, decisions that yield short term profit happen quite often, at the expense of the long term bottom line. Many times just to achieve Bonus goals that are part of somebodies pay package.

As others have said LON is one the reasons to be an All Access member. When the mind sees 4 reasons to be an All Access member, it says, blah ... not worth it; but, if it sees 6, it says, hmmm ... maybe I will get that. Does not really matter what the 6 are, it just looks like more, simple stuff. This is an vague example fyi.

Also, LON could easily be integrated with EQNext, providing the same type items as it does for EQ and EQ2. But if the accountants are making the decisions, without any other input, you will see moves such as closing LON down in order to boost short term profits, at the expense of long term P&L.

Not saying this is happening, but it looks like the accountants are in control currently, based on what I have seen in life so far.

Anyway, loving the EQ2 Stormhold server experience..much fun!
  11. Cinnamon Active Member

I had mentioned a while back that if they were going to shut down LoN that any of the loot cards be added to the Loyalty Merchant. I do feel the houses and mounts/wings should be 100 to 175+, and with the pictures and other things being 35 to 75 tokens. Any of the other things that were limited such as quest rewards or and the monthly's should be 100+ depending on how hard the quest line was. If anything I hope that they give us warning before shutting it down if they do it though. They could also add the super rare mount that was in the rewards for the Goblin's games they had for maybe 200+ tokens. I suggest these prices for they shouldn't be so easy to get but something to save up for.
  12. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I want the Ice Cream Cart, also Ethernauts :)
    Prissetta, Optimist and Rhodris like this.
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

I too, have been trying to get the free housing license from the Ethernauts set, Rhodris. It will be a great disappointment if this is no longer available to us, either via LoN or the Loyalty Merchant, one or the other. If they do shut LoN down, then yes, please add these items to the loyalty merchant, DBG.
    Prissetta, Naramsin and Rhodris like this.
  14. Baratan Member

Why aren't the LoN Booster Packs shown in the TLE marketplace?
  15. Baphmistra Active Member

Well at least it's a sale! :) However, for those of you who think this means LON is being closed down, I hope you're wrong. It took me a while to figure out how to make it work on my screen, and I'm just now starting to enjoy it. So please DB if you're reading these, don't close LON yet, pretty please with loads of sugar on top.;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Blade Parker Active Member

LoN Spending spree is over. "You have been blocked from redeeming loot. Please contact support if you have any questions." By the time my ticket is fixed, the sale will be over. This sale price should be the regular price and LoN would be much more popular.
    Feldon likes this.
  17. Nooloon Active Member

I hope the powers that be read replies like this and realize they are the reason people don't see value in subscribing. Give subscribers an incentive to subscribe by giving them free game content like double exp weekends, or potion gift packs, or virtual ANYTHING, instead of trying to gouge them at every possible opportunity. I honestly think Daybreak's frantic attempts to extract another penny here are going to cost them many dollars there. I am finding myself seriously questioning whether I should continue subscribing as there just doesn't seem to be real value in it anymore.
  18. Phyr Member

Could we get Server Transfer Tokens Added to this Sale please? it would make moving the rest of my toons alot faster.
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Optimist Member

Yes, him and the other lion from the old Goblin Games, would be nice!
  20. Optimist Member

Also, it's a joke to see ground mounts for the cost of flying mounts on DB store-not worth the buy, I have plenty of quested ones to last a lifetime.
    Merriel and Feldon like this.