Don't Miss These Limited-Time Mounts!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

New Marketplace mounts are now available on all servers (INCLUDING the Time-Locked Expansion servers) for a limited time.

[IMG]

Look for these under the “Limited-Time Mounts” tab in the Marketplace. These can be purchased for 2499 Daybreak cash. Don’t hesitate, because all of these mounts will be retired to the Norrathian vault at noon PDT on Tuesday, September 8, 2015!

Which of these mounts are you most excited for?
  2. Antisocial Member

What a rip off
  3. konofo Active Member

Well, that's kind of hard to say, because I only see one in your advertisement.

Also, the option pictured seems to be a ground mount, which (for most of us) means it might as well not exist outside of TLE servers.

I guess the answer would be "none, pending further information."

kono
    Kyriea, Hartsmith, Snowmoon and 3 others like this.
  4. Csipi Active Member

A few cool looking mounts, but damn $25!

Why so expensive? I don't play that much anymore, but I love collecting mounts and I jumped in the game to check them out, but not at those prices.

There are two I would probably buy, but not at $25 a pop. Some are just reskins of cheaper priced mounts. That is just nonsense.
    Kyriea, Hartsmith, Snowmoon and 2 others like this.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

I'm at work so I can't get ingame to look.... *sniff*
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  6. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Limited time...

Most of these are just LoN Mounts... so... not so limited time since I have half of them already from LoN (just from the monthly packs) and the rest just seem to be recolors of cheaper mounts and/or mounts obtainable outside of the marketplace. Honestly the ones from LoN Packs are not even recolors from what I can see. The unicorns are the worst. Basically took newbie quest horses and stuck a horn on them. Did not even change saddle color.

Also ground mounts! So they're never used or seen anyway out side of the Time-Locked Server!

My .000000001 cents is that it is a rip off. Twenty five dollars for a recolor... or something you can eventually get for free in LoN packs (if you are a sub). Fear not Daybreak! I am sure you'll still sell plenty on Time Lock servers anyway...

**EDIT** Because... well I can't type and/or spell!
    Kyriea, Shesaz, Cloudrat and 4 others like this.
  7. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Lots of LoN mounts in there. Am hoping this does not mean more warnings of LoN going away soon.. :(

There are flyers, leapers and gliders in there BTW. Mostly from LoN.

Also, I see those horses that you got when subbing to just EQ2 for a whole year. Never could get those, as I always subbed All-Access.
  8. Santiago Draco New Member

9. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I haven't looked at them in game, but it would be nice if you previewed more than just the one. If they're just ground mounts, then not excited at all, as a previous poster pointed out. Especially the big, bulky type, like the one pictured above. Never been a fan of those, for myself OR for others. (Try clicking on a quest or broker NPC when he's surrounded by players on those big, bulky mounts.)

Also, making something available for only a limited time is pointless, and is a waste of your designers' time. There is absolutely NO reason for it. They aren't physical items for which you will run out of space, and your database inventory codes can't be recycled to other items without causing numerous database problems. It isn't going to make anyone except the most foolish feel that they have to rush out and buy it. I'm personally LESS inclined to buy any of them, because I know it is a gimmick, and I feel like you're insulting my intelligence.
    Cloudrat, Amy Yuka and Naramsin like this.
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Too ugly, too expensive. Thanks, but no thanks.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

When you make it so I can have a mount like that in appearance AND still use my stat based flying mount you might get a sale.
    Mitten, GrunEQ, Jrel and 2 others like this.
  12. Brennin Active Member

I am truly disappointed in the Daybreak folks that these mounts are priced so high. I mean c'mon.. .it's a digital product that doesn't cost a cent to reproduce and from what I'm reading above, had already been created for LoN so there wasn't even a cost to produce them for this "promotion" -- it's the most blatant cash grab I've seen since SOE left the building.

If I was AT ALL tempted to blow that much money on a mount, the fact that there are no flying mounts would remove that temptation immediately... so I guess I'm grateful for that.
  13. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I went online and checked it out too.
    A couple of them are nice, such as the Nebulous Stalker and the Armored Fiend Steed, but these are my reservations:
    -- As others have noted most if not all are from LoN Loot Cards with slight modifications if any at all.
    -- The only way I could see these valued at 2499 DC would be if you put some super-wicked stats on them, something I doubt Daybreak would do.

Therefore I will not be buying any of them, as there are better ways to spend Daybreak Cash.
  14. chrystophyr New Member

Instead of trying to make money on this garbage, try increasing the quality of the game and put it out there. Also develop better loyalty with user. That's what would make me spend more...
  15. Tylia Well-Known Member

Definitely too expensive.
    GrunEQ, Naramsin and Cloudrat like this.
  16. SeaJae Member

Yeah, because this is what we need right now! More ****ing mounts!! Good job Daybreak!!
    Mitten likes this.
  17. Molly New Member

Wow so happy to see this! I've been after some of these mounts for years in the packs. Surprised to see so many people complain. Just bought 5 for my Stormhold toons. I'm stoked to support EQ2 and its development with my money while getting cool fluff mounts in the process. A $15 monthly sub doesn't always feel like enough relative to my many hours of enjoyment.
  18. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

$25 ??

Goood lord that's a lot of money...

How about I continue to subscribe and you make mounts available through quests?
    Mitten, Naramsin, Jrel and 2 others like this.
  19. Luciar Active Member

They're cool and all but not ~$25 cool.
    Shesaz likes this.
  20. Amy Yuka Member

This is old news. They just brought it out of the vaults. Please Daybreak, make something genuinely new and worth the money...