Malicious Threat feedback & bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Sharann Well-Known Member

There's a typo in the quest objective for Malice in the Woods: activites instead of activities.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Unfortunately many are mentoring down and camping the EL ones as they are the easiest to find apparently. Geez...
  3. suka Well-Known Member

yes i just flew over zek and didn't see even one. i don't think they are in all of the zones. i haven't checked the other zones yet but i will.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

5. Awkk Well-Known Member

Does that really work? Somebody said in chat that they got a chest from a grey mob, but not that it came up to their level, so sounded like it stayed grey.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

@ Awkk grey mobs are dropping chests which according to Kaitheel (earlier in this thread) they shouldn't be.

I /bug'd it once I confirmed it after seeing someone mention in chat channels. Maybe it was an intended change after the first post from Kaitheel. /shrug

Not sure why someone would want to farm grey mobs, so much easier to mentor and or find them your own level and have them attack you instantly.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Any quest that takes "hours and hours and hours"...oy. :-/

Uwk
    of the many teeming numbers ;->
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It depends; during the initial quest, they scale to your level, but afterwards, they scale per the zone...or maybe it's the opposite. :-/

No, I think I was right the first time; I think I took heart from the post-quest stuff that I wouldn't have to worry about tripping over these things (unlike the Channeler shadow critters) unless I was in "their" zone level. :)

Uwk
  9. Awkk Well-Known Member

But, these are the kind of mobs that you WANT to trip over, (unlike the Channeler shadow critters) cos they drop the baubles we are hunting. So you still have to mentor for every zone, when bauble hunting? Chronomages going to be getting some business.
  10. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I know on test I was unable to get chests from grays, so if it is happening on live it is a bug. The camping has begun thought it seems. *heavy sigh
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If you're hunting baubles, this is true. ;->

Uwk
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As an FYI, Kaitheel, the malice mobs that folks are farming for baubles do NOT count as kills for daily kill achievements.
  13. bardbear New Member

All this week, every morning on Permafrost, i've been killing the malice buggers and getting credit for the "kill 25" or "kill 8 different" quests
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

o_O It didn't count for my kill 25 yesterday. I looked at it after smishing several groups in GD, and my count was ... 1 ... from a suicidal feline that thought attacking a level 100 player was a sane thing to do. ;D
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very odd...same servers? Or are you on Test with this, Mum (and why the heck would the kitty count, unless it was green...weird)? In which case, Test needs looking at again...sigh. Ah well, hence the Test moniker. ;->

Uwk
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Just a warning to you all, Malicious Threat will be concluding on Test earlier than it will on live (by 5 days). This is to allow proper testing of the Sundered Ground prelude event. Currently, that is scheduled to start testing on 9/10.

It's only 5 days early, but still I wanted to give you a heads up about it.

FYI... Your Malicious Baubles will still have a use during Sundered Ground. More info when that event begins testing.

Thank you again for all of your help in making this event run as smoothly as it has been!

~ Kaitheel
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

ooh will we have a way to get the baubles during sundered ground?
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I would like to know this as well so I know how much more farming of baubles I have to do. I hope that if we do have a way to get the baubles that they make it so a chest drops every time kill the group of mobs. Especially since I am getting the baubles for 4 other people.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah; I can't imagine having one chest drop per group of mobs would be considered "excessive." Why be stingy with it? :-/

Uwk
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Because some people (including me) sell our extra baubles on the broker? Although now I know there is a further use for them, I am hoarding.