Malicious Threat feedback & bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Supposedly.
    It seems after you turn the last step in and you're instructed to kill primordial menace throughout Norrath. As I posed above, I only came across some in EL and they are level 35. If you find them elsewhere post it, so far little luck in Vesspyr and Obol.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

<emphasis is mine>
    I was able to see the level 35 mobs in EL with a level 95 character. I'm assuming we'll be able to see them no matter level range. That said, wonder if can see mobs if haven't done quest. One more thing to check.

I did run a level 24 through Thundering Steppes and Nektulos without any luck tracking/running across them. Also ran a lower level toon through Antonica and Commonlands without any luck.

Off to search tonight when I'm able to log in. :)

Thanks for posting about finding mobs in TT, they are out there!
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I haven't had the chance to go searching yet today but I'll post which zones I find them in when I do ;)

I did look again last night in Sinking Sands after finding them in TT since I knew exactly what to look for then, but no dice there.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

I don't know what pop-up you are referring to. Anything that is on-screen text is, or was, in your quest journal. That's how it is generated. I don't have any scripted on screen messages for this event.

At any rate, I think just including more clues would resolve the issue.

~ Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

There is a random chance for drop for the Malice bauble, yes.

The Malice bauble should be doubling for all-access members. Caith is helping me examine why it isn't working.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

What I saw of it seemed to be a bit of a descriptor of the scene you find, but as I said it flashed on screen then was gone. However the piece I saw, didn't seem to match with what was in my journal. I'm going to run through with another character today to see if I can get a better look at it since I now know to expect one. Hopefully I will be able to confirm if it matches or even matters. ;)

Thank you for these events btw. I love the world events even if they are small. I am also pleased to see some of the old favorites from previous world events made their way to the merchant!
    On a side note, is there any chance for appearance charm items? Because some of the items are "torches" like the old torches we had to equip in our charm slots back when we didn't have much other than potions and poisons to put in them. A little bit of the fun of the colored torch items is lost when you have to sacrifice so much to use it outside of city zones.
  7. Jasym Member

Finally found some Primordial groups. Tried last night in Tranquil and Phantom Seas without luck. Searched various other zones with a couple of other toons, but just now have found three groups of them in Lava and they are dropping the baubles from small chests, but from green con mobs. I'm all access, but am still receiving one bauble per chest. Was beginning to think they were a myth, nice to see.

I'm envisioning these pockets of Primordials being camped when this event goes live. It's going to be hard for everyone to get into get them. Will anyone close by get credit for the kill and a bauble?
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Then you will want to swing back through for another look.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yes, I do think the camping will be an issue. Maybe mix up spawn rates or spawn spots so no one can camp them?
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Active camping might be. Though, I'm taking a few steps to hopefully minimize it. Can't mix up spawn spots on multiple character encounters, like you can with solo encounters, unfortunately.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Lera Well-Known Member

Do you have to do the quests to see the furniture merchant? I can't find them anywhere.
  12. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

PLEASE?! I've characters who have those from their first event release aaaaaages ago, and I would love if either we had appearance charm slots or if they worked from the bag.

Actually, I seem to remember there's some jewelry pieces with particle effects that people wanted to keep even after they outgrew the jewelry. Appearance slots for jewelry that grant their particle effect would be awesome. (Related to that, NOT having the particle effect of worn pieces show when there is an appearance piece over them would be awesome too. For example, the Frostfell armor has nice stats, but I hate looking like I got attacked by an abominable snow ninja throwing snowflake shuriken.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Katz and Finora like this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

Me too! I have a Fire of the Emerald & Glow of the Sea on my main on Everfrost server from way way back. I also still have one of the Tish's torches. I used to wear them for effect, but the stats in charm slots made it hard to choose cool looks over the stats. =)
  14. Mophia Active Member

think it's a typo, but one part of the conversation with Verun D'Xyafin reads odd.

"Why should I? There are many other important tasks for one dedicated to the Price of Hate to be assigned!"

I think it should be Prince not Price. Hopefully this can be adjusted quickly.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  15. Mophia Active Member

Will this quest be staying in once the campexp goes live, as since most of my test chars are under level 30 in adv, EL and Everfrost will be very hard, as no mobs at my level. And going by the calender, there could be something else to test, will that need this finished before we can do that?
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Unfortunately, that's not up to me, nor something that could even be done by code in time for this event. But I'll pass your suggestion along!

~ Kaitheel
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Nope. This is a prelude event that will only last for a limited time (8/13/15 through 9/15/15).

Before you assume your characters can't do this content I suggest you attempt it on Test with lower level characters. The level of the quest targeted mobs should be scaling to your level. Let me know if you have any troubles!

The next event, Sundered Ground, will also be activated on Test earlier than the event on live. It is functionally independent to this event, so no, you won't have to have completed this one to participate in the next one.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

If you are speaking of the mobs in the area, In everfrost you can skirt around them on the hills, if you have stealth all the better. You also have the option of using the horse to get close to the area you need to go there. I'm working through it now on low lvl toons, one with stealth, one without. I'll check and see if the actual primordial mobs scale to lvl.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

Well, as I've held on to my Glow of the Sea, Fire of the Emerald & Tish's Tinkered Torch for um... a really really long time now haha, I don't mind waiting a little bit longer if someone gets a chance to look at it and tell us whether or not it can be done at all.

:) Thanks for passing it along!
    Lodrelhai likes this.
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

Real life intervened and really really cut my play time the yesterday and today, but I plan on running through with my full compliment of Test characters which range in levels from mid-20s to upper 50s. I'll report any issues I have with levels.