Malicious Threat feedback & bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Malicious Threat has been activated on Test!

The mage house of Kelethin's House of Falling Stars and Neriak's Disciples of Innoruuk have both felt something disturbing a nearby location. They are looking for adventurers willing to investigate and help them uncover a threatening campaign being carried out. Players welcome in Neriak should speak with Virun D'Xyafin in Darklight Wood, while those that are welcome in Kelethin should speak with Miriel Tawnyglade in Greater Faydark.

Please post any feedback or bugs that you encounter to this thread.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Mathal Dewpetal now instructs me to hunt the Primordial Malice and any turn any malice baubles in to Aldaelon Rootbed. Its rather vague, the text, and there is no further quests.

Never mind I found him, right outside the building where Mathal is. So I traipsing through Antonica, looking for more primordial. They didn't respawn where I found them for that portion of the questline, so still looking.

Did check Enchanted Lands as someone mentioned they were spawning at level 35, can confirm that.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Vague, until you realize that they are ALL OVER the world. Go explore, find and kill!

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Jaden like this.
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

First thing I ran into at the bone tower was when talking to the ghost there, another one came up. The dialog is long to read and therefore I've ended up with multiples of the ghost popping up.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

It's an encounter of 3. That's intended. You'll get 3 no matter if you read his pop-up text or not.

Did you get more than three?

Also... ghost? There are no ghosts with this event. Maybe you hit something not related to this event?

~ Kaitheel
  6. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The bauble is a chest drop and drops around 75% of the time when you kill a group of the primordial. So far only EL and I gave up on Antonica.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Well after scouring most of Antonica for baubles, I had no luck to spawn any =(
  8. Kaitheel Developer

As they do spawn in chests, I suggest you stick to the areas of the world where they spawn at your level, Kuulei.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Well they are 35 in Enchanted Lands. I found none yet in Antonica and I even hit a few islands in Vespyr, didn't find any. Will check Obol next.
  10. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Ok, no there were only the three, and ghost is the wrong term I suppose. Thanks for the info.
  11. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I've roamed around the commonlands for 3 hours, still no primordials found. I'm assuming until I do, I can't look anywhere else?
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I've done both good and evil side quests. My only concern so far is after that initial quest is done, is that it for quests? If the answer is yes, are we then just left to find primordial mobs to kill and get tokens?

I'm missing something I bet. I've started to roam different zones to start looking for the mobs or even quests.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I've checked Obol and CoE, no luck in either of them. I'll try again tomorrow.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

*Goodside quest*
    For the second step that sends you looking for Primordial Malice in several zones after the first one in Gfay . When you find the main clue at the end of that step, the pop-up information text goes away VERY quickly. I was unable to finish reading what it said and it is not repeated in the chat box or quest journal text as far as I can tell. As I said, I was unable to do more than note that there was a pop-up before it was gone.
  15. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Thank you for letting exiles have their choice of places to do the quest!

I have no idea if this is related or not, but I noticed my characters could take the world bells to anywhere, including all cities whether they are aligned with them or not. (Admittedly I don't have an evil-aligned character, since my evil char is the one I sent into exile to test access for them.) Usually Neriak, Freeport, and Qeynos only show up for people who are aligned with those cities. The city travel bells for Qeynos and Freeport (the ones that let you travel to different sections of the city and the newbie questing areas) still only show the questing areas as options. Is this a bug or intentional? Perhaps, even, a hint that my long-desired dream for anyone to be able to gain faction with any city regardless of their home may be on the horizon?
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

Are they supposed to be a normal random chance for a chest or is every group supposed to drop one?

I ask because I was killing groups of them in Tenebrous Tangle (level 55 mobs) at level 57 and killed 5 groups before getting a chest drop. That chest had only one bauble.

So if they are supposed to be doubling for all-access members that's not happening either.
  17. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

It does feel like something is missing. For the one in FD you are told a specific glade to go to. The next one, if there is a popup, I did not see it at all. Just sends me to Antonica to "look". Like the common lands this is a large area to check, too me 3 hours to find it, no exaggeration. I can see folks getting frustrated and giving up. Perhaps a riddle of some type would work? If there are popups then they need to be there a wee bit longer? Going to start again on a different toon and see if I can spot that popup. Oh an no chests dropped from the Primordials.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

I didn't take 3 hours to find the update in Antonica, but it did take a good long time. I found the one in Enchanted Lands by pure chance. I'd have to say this is one of the hardest to locate the updates for of any of the world events I've seen. If this quest had the 50 or even 25 updates it would have taken longer, much longer, to find them than it took to find all the statues for the Swords of Destiny questline. At least that one gave us riddles to figure out. All we got for this one is a vague "Oh there's something evil going on in these three zones, off with you now!" While I'm stubborn and WILL find it myself, I can see people getting frustrated by it.

Also, I spent quite a while searching Tenebrous Tangle for more primordial malice spawns. I could only find the three. They respawn, but if three spawn points are all we are going to have per zone, there's a possibility it's going to get really ugly on live even if people group for them.

Several more rounds in TT has netted me only 2 baubles. I guess I'm unlucky. I checked Sinking Sands as well despite it being a little low for me but I thought maybe I could at least see them, but found nothing. I'll run some lower level characters around tomorrow and see what I see.
  19. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Interesting, if I didn't have that part of the quest I could not see them even though my other toons that did could see them. I'm thinking you have to be on that part of the quest to see them. Just finished everfrost, no primordials just an update to go to Tunarbos.

I'm like you in that it makes me that much more stubborn about finding it lol. But many won't find it amusing. Of course, once more do it, more will get the coords for it. So who knows. Just feels like something is missing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  20. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Ok, so once you go to the final place and report back, you will just run across these while questing normally from here on out? And continue turning in any baubles?