Time-Locked Expansion Server FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Puckbone Member

One more thing...Allowing only levels 30+ to vote on whether to unlock the next expansion has a built it bias, no? The players that want to take the opportunity to slow it down may not be at 30 yet, and their voice won't be heard. However all those that want to race ahead will be heard. Why should there be a level restriction for voting at all? We are all paid subscribers. I think everyone on the server should have an equal say in how the game progresses.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am playing on the pvp server and most people are around level 15 to 25 but I noticed that most people are in a hurry to get their toons up to level 30 tradeskill so they can keep their pvp toons at the level they want
  3. Seefar Well-Known Member

Re: flying mounts

It didn't take Them long to remove the clouds in the Overrealm. (Personally, I miss those clouds.) They could easily do something similar with Vesspyr to remove the need for flying mounts. I LIKE gliding. But if I want to glide, I can go to the standard servers for that. I'm enjoying the ground. I vote we stick to it!
    suka likes this.
  4. Justanother vet New Member

I would think that intelligent beings from all EQ2 realms would be in favor of mentoring their youths to man/woman-hood!...Such as in life too!!!
    With that said:
    We should not move on to ANY/next/new expac until we have at least (TBD)3-5k characters at the new expansion level....and then we (one vote per account) vote on it.
    Maybe require a mentored down quest timeline that returns toons to the previous LOWER LEVEL RAID ZONES that everyone needs to have completed before moving on..through these quest-lines we encourage our fine people to assist other lower level toons to get through their first RAID zone..
    And this required in order to move each advancing higher level character on to secondary quest-line in newest realm and this carries thru to last expac requiring one mentored raid line.
    That would require getting thought prior level expac raid zones TWICE ! mwhahhah....Just a thought outside me box! :)
    THIS IS EVER-QUEST;) NOT EVER-GRIND:mad: ...... SOOOO...... SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY THE COMMUNITY!:cool:

GO IN PEACE AND SHARE THE LOVE!;)
    Seefar likes this.
  5. Justanother vet New Member

I would think that intelligent beings from all EQ2 realms would be in favor of mentoring their youths to man/woman-hood!...Such as in life too!!!
    With that said:
    We should not move on to ANY/next/new expac until we have at least (TBD)3-5k characters at the new expansion level....and then we (one vote per account) vote on it.
    Maybe require a mentored down quest timeline that returns toons to the previous LOWER LEVEL RAID ZONES that everyone needs to have completed before moving on..through these quest-lines we encourage our fine people to assist other lower level toons to get through their first RAID zone..
    And this required in order to move each advancing higher level character on to secondary quest-line in newest realm and this carries thru to last expac requiring one mentored raid line.
    That would require getting thought prior level expac raid zones TWICE ! mwhahhah....Just a thought outside me box! :)
    THIS IS EVER-QUEST;) NOT EVER-GRIND:mad: ...... SOOOO...... SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY THE COMMUNITY!:cool:

GO IN PEACE AND SHARE THE LOVE!;)
  6. Roshen Well-Known Member

UPDATE: I removed the level cap info from "Voting and In-Game Polls" section of this.

At this time, ALL players on the TLE servers will be able to participate in voting and in-game polls regardless of level.
  7. Caetrene New Member

I think that's great. The old system was biased towards those who are already charging to endgame, and will likely want to move on at the earliest opportunity. I'm levelling much faster than I'd like just to be able to vote to avoid having to race to level.

Maybe though it would be better to have a lower level cap, though, to avoid any trolling from other servers. I doubt anyone would really object to having to get to level 10 or so. It's "20 from cap" that's the hard part for those of us who want to take our time.
    Pumarah, Seefar and suka like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thank you for the removal of the level requirement
    on another note ,
    There is no foreign broker on the evil side
    the place that has the broker is in Timorous Deep and Timorous Deep is not in the game yet.
    suka and Prissetta like this.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Freeport has (I think I remember seeing it last week when getting the exploration xp) the foreign broker on the island in the middle of the harbour in East Freeport (swim out to it).
    Seefar likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I will check it out
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I went over to the island in Freeport harbor and found a guy saying business is open for the black market in Commonland
    I yet have to find who ever that's supposed to be and I found out that that is a quest for level 40 and its about destroying the black market
    o I know maybe I got to sneak into Qenose to get to one of their brokers just like in the old days :eek:
    Seefar likes this.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Hmm that's odd - I must admit I didn't hail him or anything, just noted that he was there. You went all the way around the island, yes?
  13. suka Well-Known Member

except some of us are not there for raids. i for one won't raid. does that mean that even though i pay my money to play that zone, i get left behind? thanks- just the elitist attitude i expected from those there only to raid.
    Leloes and Siren like this.
  14. Blade Parker Active Member

I would like to know this as well.
  15. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

It's not working - this thread
  16. Seefar Well-Known Member

I see that the TLE (PvE) Feedback thread is locked...

On 08Jul2015, Almost pointed out:
    My friend Yetan was in one of those the other day, by accident, for the first time. He reports that though he did enjoy the frenzy, he was shocked to find how incredibly overpowered was the reward.

Of course this is after the horse has bolted; it's too late to close the stable door. I think it was a mistake to include the public quest. It wasn't there at launch; it's taking folk away from the original content (such as the old armour quest, which I'd still like to do)... and seems geared towards those who want to rush... which defeats the whole point.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Poisonhawk Active Member

Thank you Roshen for the level requirement removal to vote.
    The problem really is that you guys thought it was a good idea in the first place.
    But having said that it is good that when people speak up on the new servers, you guys are able to react and make changes. Great for you and us!
    Charlice likes this.
  18. Alarice New Member

No is a two letter word with a lot of power. Have some agency.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

i am extremely disappointed. that is really an understatement. i played on a number of the eq1 progressive servers. everything was always exactly as it had been in the beginning game. here we have one thing in common with the beginning game - the starting island. after that it is the same as the regular server. where are the little housing districts? why don't we have them? as a decorator, that was my primary interest for going to the server. after you leave the island, you might as well be on any other server. it is all the same but without the guild hall, mercs, and guild bank. you can simply pretend those don't exist on the other servers if that is all the experience you are after.

i was looking forward to the little housing districts and the quests that had been in qeynos in the beginning. those simply are no where to be found now.
  20. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

The problem wasn't saying no. The problem was getting other players to accept that my answer was no.